Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • What's the most random thing that's happened to you when riding?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Alright – a toroid. Happy?

poppa
    Free Member

A sausage is nothing like a toroid! Even a Cumberland.

molgrips
    Free Member

No of course not. But if your toroidal cross-section is a sufficiently long elipse…

Anyway perhaps toroid was wrong. Think more.. a giant swiss roll made of air rolling down the mountainside towards me.

poppa
    Free Member

You'd have to use the creaming method to get a sponge that light, I don't think the all-in-one method would cut it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wasn't that light – the tent really shook.

I didn't check the tent for cream and jam tho.. interesting idea.

nickc

cycling in Majorca along a lovely winding piece of slightly descending singletrack through some trees, up ahead I can see a crest, high enough to obscure the rest of trail, no biggie, I think, I change up a few gears, and pick up a bit of speed, as I approach the start of the crest, it's actually quite deep sandy soil, which grabs my front wheel, and dumps me on the ground. Lying on the ground I can hear very distinctly now the crashing of waves against rocks, I pick up the bike, and walk to the top of the crest, where the trails ends in a 200ft cliff straight to the sea, the trail, I can see goes faintly to the right…

I sat and gathered, for a moment…

Bregante

I swallowed a bee on my way home from work about two years ago. It felt like it was lodged in my throat and my windpipe closed up. I was about a maile from the local a&e and rode straight there. Had to have an xray on my throat and it was found to be all clear but was swollen, either due to a sting, or an allergic reaction. A quick injection of anti-hystemine and home in time for tea.

pistola
    Free Member

'Rear-ended' a bat flying along a track between hedgerows one night. The bat had to be extracted from my helmet vent. 'twas OK tho, just flew off. Gave me a hell of a fright.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘What's the most random thing that's happened to you when riding?’ is closed to new replies.