Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • what's the best value cordless drill driver for less than £100
  • fenboy

as title as above looking for a deal either what you’ve seen online or in a national store?

cardiff
    Free Member

Try screw fix always have good deals on cordless drills, can either pick up from their stores or order on-line

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Ryobi do some good deals without the price premium of makita hitachi etc

cardiff
    Free Member

Hows about this:

null

PePPeR

I picked up an 18V Hitachi drill with two Nimh batteries for £100 from B&Q recently. Much lighter than the Dewalt, and the chrager will charge any other voltage Hitachi batteries you may have too.

maccruiskeen

Hitachi and AEG are both make good stuff, but people seem reticent to buy it so it always ends up discounted and you can get some pretty good deals. Dewalt isn’t always as good as people like to think, so when it turns up cheap it can be less of a bargain than it appears. Can’t go wrong with pretty much anything from Makita if the price is right.

If you are going to use it a lot, as in most of the day, everyday, then something Li-ion is worth going for. If not you can get higher spec, older technology NiMh for a better price and the only really penalty you’ll pay is a bit of arm ache and a less flexibility with charging. The NiMh stuff often has lots of extras thrown in (a third battery, or more amps, extra drivers or accessory/ bit sets etc) which is handy if you don’t have all that stuff to begin with. If you are going to use it pretty infrequently some Makita drivers are sold with just one battery, given Li-ion batteries cost close to £100 on their own its away of getting a good quality versatile driver for cheap bucks. Li-on charges quick and you don’t need to fully charge it like older batteries so for stop start work its pretty smart.

The teensy tiny 10v (sometime called 12v, but they’re all the same) drivers that have appeared in the last few years can be surprisingly good. They’re often bundled as two drivers (regular and impact) and two batteries and a charger. If the drill in the pair has two speeds and a proper chuck then together they are a better tool than a regular drill driver is on its own (in most circumstances). They usually retail around £160 but bargains turn up now and then.

Aside from Screwfix for mail order also look at Axminster and D&M

PePPeR

Doh I meant Li-ion Batteries! and missed the edit cut off point!

Wozza
    Free Member

Out of the ones at work, the Ryobi is nice and compact but the Makita wins hands down overall.

We got it in a screwfix deal, 18v two batteries, screwdriver, drill, hammer settings. Think it was about £80.

fenboy

lovely thanks!

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i was in b&q saturday and they had 25% offers going in the ‘electric isle’, didnt look but im sure drills willbe included.

nbt

I never found the hammer action to be any good on a cordless drill, mind you I’ve only really tried cheap ones. Personally I’d go corded for hammer action and stick to just drill driver rather than combi on a corldess

ransos
    Free Member

linky

Get yourself to Screwfix. I bought this Bosch with 2 Li-on batteries for £100. B&Q were selling the same drill, with one battery, for £140, IIRC.

Oh, and the drill’s excellent – it went through an internal masonery wall without too much bother. Works really well as a screwdriver too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘what's the best value cordless drill driver for less than £100’ is closed to new replies.