Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • What's for dinner this evening?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I have nothing in the house and need inspiration for shopping and subsequent dining. So go on STW, what are you having for dinner this evening?

km79
    Free Member

Since I forgot to go to shop on way home and I can’t be arsed going back out – weetabix.

steve-g
    Free Member

4 Costco chicken nuggets with some guacamole, sour cream, cheese, token salad, and then sriracha sauce all wrapped up in a tortilla wrap, side of fries, and possibly some chilli beans.

Then about 2 hours later, another identical wrap when I get hungry again

thejesmonddingo

Lamb and aubergine curry,with pilau rice.

chvck
    Free Member

Some sort of stir fry with noodles as I recently discovered this list of sauces

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I got home last night to 2 cold fish fingers for my tea.
    Not a euphemism, just a disappointing tea. I had to pull them free from the grill pan as they had been there over an hour.

fathomer

Pretty sure we’re having pork steaks, mustard mash, carrots, peas & green beans with lashings over gravy and some apple sauce. Followed by tinned rice pudding and jam 😀

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Mussels in garlic and white wine sauce, with white wine.

Prawn pad thai
    Some kid of soup

^ two and three are for dinners/lunches/freezing for the rest of the week as tonight is the only night I have free

mahalo

by dinner you mean tea?

feeling sorry for myself after a boozey late one last night. just ordered nandos takeaway for 1! gonna eat it in bed with lecky blanket on.

Klunk
    Free Member

pepperoni pizza here.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Dinner is midday, Tea is in the evening. I thought everyone knew that!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Dinner is the largest meal of the day. So lunch and dinner or dinner and tea. Or in my case dinner and dinner.

alpin
    Free Member

Udon noodles with veg, Pak choi, coriander and peanuts. Bit of honey and soy sauce.
    About 20 mins start to finish and it’s tasty….

dantsw13

Off for a curry with the soccer-dads, so probably Lamb Korai with Keema Nan. Maybe a brinjal bhajee.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Dinner is the largest meal of the day.

Except on Sunday, whereupon lunch is the largest meal, and tea is to be had in the evening, all other days lunch is light and dinner is large.

Anyway.

Dominos, with a bit of luck.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

veggie ‘shepherds pie’ type thing with lentils and sweet potao mash…

actually a lot nicer than it sounds

just what i need after my 16 mile commute from work to the other halfs place in Cardiff,

then shower and to the pub for quiz night and beer

(last quiz we won, and so last week we spent a day with a local brewery helping make a beer for christmas, well i say helping but beers were opened at 11am and thus consumed as we were brewing)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Supper for me is Italian Meatballs, Pasta, Rocket and Spring Onion Salad.

Then I’m off to the Pub for a pint of Hampshires Finest Ale’idge.

scaled
    Free Member

Shepherds pie, but i didnt have any lamb mince so i’m just using some diced lamb that i got at the butchers on Saturday cos it looked so tasty.

toby1

Slow cooked chicken and veg curry (thighs, sweet potato, carrot, peppers etc) left over from yesterday, wholegrain and wild rice and some mango chutney on the side. Might have to have it soon actually as just thinking about it is making we want to eat it even though I’ve been home all day and therefore eaten my own weight in snacks throughout the day.

slimporcini
    Free Member

steak and chips for dinner tonight! Boom!

welshfarmer

Quick and easy pizza for me. Couple of Naan breads, bit of tomato puree, salami, grated cheese, and a fried egg in the middle 🙂

mattbee

Sausage and mash with peas, carrots, broccoli & onion gravy.

kayla1
    Free Member

Tea here. Jacket spud with belly pork and whatever else OH can scare up from Mother Hubbard’s cupboards 😆

MrOvershoot

I’m stuck at work till just after 6:30pm at the earliest bloody TRIAD’s

Then I have to get home 1/2hour & we have nothing in as I didn’t get to go shopping last night (same script) so no doubt it will be a microwave meal from Sainsbury’s

All you buggers getting home and turning everything on to cook your lovely meals are the bane of my life 🙁

jekkyl

bit nosy aren’t you.

weeksy

Yup, tea.

Toulouse sausages, chips, egg, beans, brown sauce.

blader1611
    Free Member

Cheesy mash,veg and chicken fillet with creamy peppercorn sauce.

Edit: As its November i will be finish off with a pudding of deep filled mince pies.

myti
    Free Member

M and s £10 meal deal..whole roast in the bag chicken with side of mash and mud pie for pudding oh yeah and will throw in some cabbage and kale to counteract the bad stuff

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

[img]https://c5.staticflickr.com/6/5555/30498378804_b74a0ffd2b_o.jpg[/img][/url

Kidney & steak.

An ugly pie made by me.

Bregante

Very spicy schezuan pork. I’m hoping the Mrs can’t manage to eat it because it’s bloody gorgeous.

blader1611
    Free Member

Essel – is that tarmac in the bottom of that tray?

GolfChick
    Free Member

Lunch was two rolls, packet of crisps and choccy bar. Dinner is hot dogs with tomy ketchup because its tuesday and OH doesnt get bag til 8pmish!

ste_t
    Free Member

Dinner is just cured meats, cheese, bread and wine as had a late lunch that consisted of pasta starter, pasta main, all washed down with a beer.

Dessert will be Woodford Reserve as it was £20 on Amazon prime and came this morning.

(This is my weekend though as worked Thursday through til Monday)

5thElefant
    Free Member

Cassoulet.

Tea is used to euthanize pensioners.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Pizza n Beans

iainc

Big bowl of macaroni cheese with a dollop of English mustard, it was lovely !

Trying to resist a cold beer or finger of Malt later…

dknwhy

Mozzarella, tomatoes, bacon, onion, mushroom and red pepper pasta. Portion leftover for lunch tomorrow…

Mister-P
    Free Member

I ended up having fajitas and a bottle of Sharp’s Atlantic.

yunki
    Free Member

salmon and roasted veg and a glass or three of plonk

spacemonkey

Smoked salmon, asparagus, spiralised fennel and cucumber ribbons with a dill and lemon oil dressing.

That was an hour ago. Still hungry and thinking of cheese.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What's for dinner this evening?’ is closed to new replies.