Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What's a 2004 Whyte 46 worth? (sorry!)
  • donncha

Sorry folks for asking but I need to reduce the number of bikes in the quiver. I’ve a 2004 Whyte 46, original spec, in great condition excellent form the odd spot of paint rub (cable, heels, bike rack). It hasn’t any much use in the past 5 or 6 years so I might as well get rid. Any idea of a ball park figure?
    Thanks,
    D.

z1ppy

Anywhere between £500-£800 going by the ‘bay completed items… kinda heartbreaking but how the market it. But then I’m checking out 1/2 year old bikes going for a £1000-1200 (originally £2K+), it’s not surprising they don’t make a lot. I’d suggest it might be worth splitting, but Marin/Whyte (26er) frames don’t seem to draw a lot of attention, though if it has DUC forks, seemingly they have a demand.

PS: I just sold a bike, I took an average of the prices they sold for on ebay, took off the ebay fee’s and that the price I advertised it for (here/pinkbike/ FB groups). Seemingly had good feed back on the price & it sold more importantly, better than waiting for the ‘best’ price and it devaluing more in the meantime (& winters coming…). Though obviously you have to ignore the complete chancers : “£100 off and deliver m8?” or “swap it for my phone”

donncha

Thanks Z1ppy!
    I couldn’t find any secondhand prices myself. To be honest that range was a little more than I was thinking.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

£500-£800

As a former Whyte 46 owner I wouldn’t pay that much for a 2004 model no matter how good the condition was. I’d be thinking south of £500 for that vintage.

z1ppy

it was a range of 46’s on ebay, with no specific year or specific parts, and as no one else had given a valuation I just wrote what I’d seen.. but yes your probably right

donncha

Its original spec so XT gears, Hope brakes, maverick forks, monkey bars, etc.
    I was thinking £500 as an asking price to see what happened.

footstomper
    Free Member

Will swap for a Nokia 310 😀 😀 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What's a 2004 Whyte 46 worth? (sorry!)’ is closed to new replies.