Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What would you do with this frame? 1st mtb Build
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

I’ve been riding around on an old Specialized Hardrock sport (02’i think)

But decided the next best step would be to build a bike from scratch, allowing me to learn and understand my bike as oppose to buying a fully built bike.
    I dont earn much so its going to be a slow and steady build, but my question for you is what would you do with this frame?

Specialized Epic Comp (03’I think) Rear shock was serviced 6 months ago, Purchased from a friend of mine for 200GBP

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

spock
    Free Member

Swap everything off your hardrock and slowly upgrade? Starting with forks, wheels, brakes….

tacopowell
    Free Member

Thats the plan, but i’d be more inclined to replace to brakes and gears first,
    Currently got Darts, so I know replacing the forks are pretty important but they aint all that bad but I’m new to this game so…..

z1ppy

Buy 2nd hand kit…
    Get some Reba’s £100-200 dependant on age & model (look for ones with v-brakes – see below), home servicable & great performance.
    Get some cup/cone wheels as they tend to be cheaper than cartridge ones (v-brake compatible – see below)
    Watch the classifieds for newish/under-used 9 speed gears being dumped by the “I need 10 speed” brigade
    Hydro Brakes.. tricky lots are not user servicable but can be bargain if in good working condition, though I’d still look at older Hopes, or underated stuff like Hayes (Ryder).
    THOUGH as that frame has V-brake fittings so for the ultimate cheapness get some v-brakes until you can’/want to afford disc’s.

radoggair
    Free Member

9 speed gears being dumped by the “I need 10 speed” brigade

Hay, thats me soon and it does make you go faster 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What would you do with this frame? 1st mtb Build’ is closed to new replies.