Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • What would you do with 84K?
  • Bunnyhop

Pay off mortgage,
    buy an acre or 2 of land,
    ski season in Whistler,
    new wardrobe,
    give a grand each to my nephews and niece.

Put any left over for the downsize in 10 years time.

Esselgruntfuttock – have you recieved my begging letter yet?

derekrides
    Free Member

Personally I’d buy myself a nice yacht and **** off round the world..

My advice to you however given your comment about retiring, I’d sell your current gaff as it is, since everyone wants to knock you down and or they’re looking for property they can do up and get the perceived benefits, you’d just lose what you invested in this current market.

So having sold it, take the money from the sale and your windfall and buy a decent new build which will be very heating efficient, then fill the roof with solar and chuck on a wind machine, or fit heat pumps and water collecting stuff or whatever other green stuff you can lay your hands on to get ‘off the grid’ thereby saving thousands paying to the power & utility companies.

Oh and hookers, though personally my plan is to fill the yacht with hookers that can cook = cookers one for each day of the week ‘cept sunday.

stufield
    Free Member

buy some shares in apple, sell them this time next year

TiRed

Put it on red (IANAFA).

That or 90% on the mortgage and 10% for holiday/bike/treats.

#I am not a financial advisor 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Give the money to a halfway house for newly released prisoners.
    You could help them find their way back to the Big Society.

That ,or go and visit Don Simon for a relaxing holiday

Ha! I’d rather do the 1st one & that aint gonna happen either.

Ton, I will get you a drink or two but don’t push your luck right. 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

ski season in Whistler,
    new wardrobe,

I’m 55 FFS, are you Harpic or what?

buy a house/flat to rent. I’m sure you can then get a bit of an income from your inheritance?

Err, already got two of those.

Pay off the mortgage, sell the house and buy a cottage in the country. Leave my job and get a job doing something I love working less hours and not noticing the drop in pay.

This suggestion is winning up to now.

superfli
    Free Member

Surely you’d buy a zoo

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Just inherited slightly more than that myself.

Taking kids to Florida next year.
    Bought the wife a new car.
    Cleared some credit card debt
    Having a three storey extension with integral triple garage built on house. We have a small mortgage anyway so as we plan on staying here until we are carried out in a bag it makes sense to spend on the house and get all the space we’ll ever need.

Amazingly (for me) I havn’t gone mad on bike stuff. Spent a few £100 on shiny trinkets for my motorbike, but that’s it.

honourablegeorge

I’d buy a carbon Nomad, a VW Transporter, and then tell the wife I’d inherited 50K.

Northwind

I’d blow a chunk of it on bikes, cars and travel. The rest I’d waste.

honourablegeorge

wbss – Member
    life supply of goose eggs, parma ham & wine.

A field, some pigs, some geese, and some vines?

takisawa2

This inheritance…its not from some uncle who perished in a Nigerian plane crash is it…?

avdave2

I’d buy some woodland. No capital gains tax if you sell it in years to come and what better way to honour the person who left this to you.

imnotverygood

I’d gladly give it away to the first person who asked for it. That is the right thing to do IMO

imnotverygood

Please can I have your £84k?

Kevevs
    Free Member

**** spend it. next!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

This inheritance…its not from some uncle who perished in a Nigerian plane crash is it…?

No, It’s from an uncle who perished in Harrogate District Hospital in January.
    Mind he was 86 & had led a good life!

alex222
    Free Member

buy a house/flat to rent. I’m sure you can then get a bit of an income from your inheritance?

Err, already got two of those.

Buy another to rent – making it even more difficult for first time buyers to get on the property ladder; creating more of a captive market. Allowing you to drive your rent up further still.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think the fact that you posted this in the bike forum shows you already subliminally know that new bikes and/or kit must be purchased.

Nice carbon FS trail bike? BOS suspension?

And a nice long summer holiday in the Alps, couple of months at least.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Naa, spent 3K on a bike 18 months ago, don’t need another (or any kit in particular) just yet. Done 3 Alps trips in the past & leave is hard to get at the mo. I think I can see the mortgage dwindling!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘What would you do with 84K?’ is closed to new replies.