Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • What would you do with 84K?
  • leffeboy

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxC9wgm27j0[/video]

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Get rid of your debts, mortgage or maybe start your own business?

Then use profits to pay for mortgage etc.

aracer
    Free Member

windaz are ****

In which case spend some of it on a Mac.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Buy a house and probably take a nice holiday!

SBrock
    Free Member

Cocaine & high class hookers

SBrock
    Free Member

A nice Audi, Blur TRC, V10 and sell up and move to southern spain

warton
    Free Member

I’d do pretty much exactly what the OP is doing, new kitchen and bathroom, pay off the 10k of debt we have, rest on the mortgage.

I’f you’d asked me the same question when i wsa 21 (16 years ago), I’d reply like this (because I did it, but with 75k) buy a flat, 50k. blow the rest over the period of a year on drugs, booze and women. I had a great, great time, but god I wish I hadn’t done it now 🙂

freeagent
    Free Member

It depends on your circumstances –
    I’d spend 60k turning our 2 bed bungalow into a 4 bed house, which would add 120k to its value…
    I’d pay a bit off our other debts, and treat the family to a couple of decent holidays…

Oh, and buy a nice 140mm full susser.

ton

i would lend ton 3k to buy a new leccy mtb so that i can take him riding around the square corner……. 8)

alex222
    Free Member

buy a house/flat to rent. I’m sure you can then get a bit of an income from your inheritance?

fasthaggis

Give the money to a halfway house for newly released prisoners.
    You could help them find their way back to the Big Society.

That ,or go and visit Don Simon for a relaxing holiday 😆

muddy@rseguy

Well, the above are all good suggestions but I would suggest you think carefully about giving most, if not all of it to a good cause. I can suggest a very good charity, of which I am the founder and chairman of, that works tirelessly to support the almost forgotten cause of white, middle-class men in their early 40’s, living in nice parts of the Southern England who are struggling with the results of a happy home life, a fulfilling marriage, a string of pretty good career choices but still do not own a Whyte 146, a Willier road bike, an Audi or a Rolex.

Please, please give what to you can to this excellent cause, make all cheques payable to the Charitable Access Support Helpline, or CASH…. 🙂

Or alternatively just get the mortgage paid off (or a chunk of it to keep the bank onside) and have a nice holiday and sort the house out. Oh and get a nice bike too 8)

mboy
    Free Member

I would say the 10% idea is a good one – spend the rest of it on being sensible but at least use 10%of it to have a good time now

Good rule that… In which case I’d buy…

Cotic Rocket with BOS Devilles, full XT, DT/Stans wheels, a Reverb post etc.
    A couple of weeks somewhere to ride it.
    Few hundred quid on new clothes. So skint it’s been ages since I bought any!
    Take a few closest mates out for a good meal and night out. Nothing too serious but drop a couple of hundred on it.
    New 27″ iMac…

Would then spend the rest on a decent sized 3/4 bed house, with as low a mortgage I could get and rent 2 of the rooms out to cover paying for the mortgage.

Would maybe then in 6-12 months time when that was all paying for itself spend a few grand on a newer car, but even though the current car is 12 years old it’s so low milage and cheap to run, I couldn’t really justify getting rid! And I used to consider myself a petrol head… My how times have changed!

philconsequence
    Free Member

put it towards buying a house. maybe treat mrsconsequence to a fullsuss. sorted.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

£40k ‘deposit’ on a house
    a couple of nice bikes
    a cheapish car
    and invest the rest in my business.

binners

Tiger6791

Doesn’t everybody have this sort of money lying around anyway? 😉
    (Being middle class IT types)

ourmaninthenorth

All down to individual circumstances. Mortgage can wait for me – I’m 35 (so plenty of time working ahead of me) and £85k would only pay off around half of it.

So, I’d do some debt-free house improvements and, if there was any left over, I’d buy a couples of acres of land nearby and rent them out.

wwaswas

Being middle class IT types

well £80k woudl pay off a third of my mortgage so I guess I fit the mould…

noteeth
    Free Member

I’d hunt down secondhand Bontrager tat the world over.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i would have a lot of money left off after having paid mine

rootes1

All down to individual circumstances. Mortgage can wait for me – I’m 35 (so plenty of time working ahead of me) and £85k would only pay off around half of it.

but save loads of interest.

stuey
    Free Member

buy 1423 front mud guards

ourmaninthenorth

but save loads of interest.

Over the remaining 19 years, I agree. But, on the basis I don’t intend to move, I could achieve more with the house now, knowing that inflation will diminish the value of the debt over time.

Of course, this assumes I can and will continue to earn at at least the (relative) level I do now. That’s the gamble.

rootes1

^ good point.

i’m 36 and 84k would clear my mortgage – then i would not feel so bad about handing my notice in a dossing for a bit 😉

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

id panic buy stamps and sell em this christmas to the old dears….

hora
    Free Member

Spend it bringing happiness to the other people who were associated with the deceased as well?

Don’t **** sit on the rest of it. My Father brought me up in poverty whilst he sat on a huge inheritance. Idiot.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Before you spend a load of cash on the house you could consider moving. It might be cheaper. Oh, and depending on your circumstances, I’d put all but a very small amount straight into the mortgage.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

“I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” George Best

wbss
    Free Member

life supply of goose eggs, parma ham & wine.

hora
    Free Member

life supply of goose eggs, parma ham & wine.

I like your thinking.

godzilla
    Free Member

Buy an investment property while the market is on its arse, rent out and use the money to pay off current mortgage. Plus some blow n hookers, maybe treat the mrs to some new norks.

rootes1

Don’t **** sit on the rest of it. My Father brought me up in poverty whilst he sat on a huge inheritance. Idiot.

Not that your bitter or anything 😉

hora
    Free Member

He made alot of strangers happy (I’d cut him out of my life 30yrs ago).

rootes1

He made alot of strangers happy (I’d cut him out of my life 30yrs ago).

good plan! sure we don’t share a father?

therealhoops
    Free Member

In this order:

Disney Land
    several bottles of Cristal ’04
    do up house
    new bike with all the trimmings
    top up ISA’s to the max
    top up current accounts
    dent the mortgage with the remaining

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Invest it in lottery tickets………..

Pay off one mortgage and get a newer car.

hora
    Free Member

Two weeks tour of Canada in a hired camper van. Your bikes on.

flip
    Free Member

mortgage.. as soon as that is finished your whole life changes for the better..

I have no mortgage, was ace when i paid it off, but life still goes on…

I think it depends how old the OP is as to what to do with it, mortgage is priority sure, but if you’re getting on a bit just enjoy it.

You can’t take it with you.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Go for a drink with Alex Hope ,when the bill comes give him the 84k and tell him you will have to owe him the other 41k for your bottle!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘What would you do with 84K?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM