• This topic has 53 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by viv.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • What to shout at pedestrians?
  • scholarsgate
    Free Member

Samui Air Zound Horn

That should do it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have never hit a ped. I do get tired of having to brake / take evasive action because of bloody tourists and drunks wandering all over the road – hence I shout at them to get them to move out of the way or as they step of the pavement to get them to stop.

I really must do that helmet cam vid of riding around Edinburgh

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

"Hello. I love you. Won't you tell me our name?"

The irony of this thread in relation to the usual cars-are-killers / car-cut-me-up-today-the-funker threads that usually abound is laughable to say the least.

Deal with them as you would have others deal with you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

There's as much excuse for a bike hitting a pedestrian as a car hitting a bike – in other words, none

Yes no cyclist was ever to blame for being hit by a car and no pedestrian is ever to blame for being hit by a cyclists even – Horas example- when they step into the road without looking and with their back to the traffic.
    I dont think you would win the case in court but best of luck.

hora
    Free Member

I didn't make it into the city centre today to mow anyone down. Binners shouted me into a pub.

fisha
    Free Member

"Alright luv, nice t!ts, fancy a ride?"

winner.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I'm not sure I've ever agreed with hora, but on this occasion I really do.

Central London daily. Very occasionally someone does something a bit daft, or looks like they're going to, so you say "mind yourself love", while steering round them or braking a bit.

And mass road-crossing herds of peds outside Waterloo station have right of way by sheer weight of numbers. 🙂

But I'm increasingly thinking that compared to many of the road heroes on here I'm a little island of zen-like calm. 😉

angryratio
    Free Member

"Brakeless dildo coming through"

hora
    Free Member

"Brakeless dildo coming through"

You really need to shorten that, you'd probably hit the on them on the '..less' bit.

You could possibly get away with shouting 'ahoy I'm a dildo' in native Newcastle? (although can you understand each other up there?) :mrgreen:

angryratio
    Free Member

We don't actually know what the other is saying. Mostly it goes on body language. Seeing as most men can't express themselves in words alone anyway it does'nt really matter.

Usually a series of grunts followed by "two pints of the guest please" does the trick.

hora
    Free Member

Thats alemen globally 😀

tron
    Free Member

I don't see why you wouldn't have a bell on a town bike. You're supposed to have one, and if you ever ran a pedestrian down, I'm sure some barrister would delight in pointing the fact out. Even if the pedestrian was wearing an ipod and Kanye West's sunglasses.

hora
    Free Member

ourkidsam dresses like that!

viv
    Free Member

Actually had to duck the other day. Here goes.

1) Sunny day. Approaching couple on a towpath.
    2) Freewheel to alert them of my approach – loud freewheel.
    3) Gent turns around and clocks me before guiding his partner to the left leaving himself on her right with enough space for me to pass on his right. – all good.
    4) I swerve to the right and slow down, happy he's left me room.
    5)The gent who went to the trouble of ushering his beloved and himself away from cyclists path spots something on the horizon to his right.
    6)He stops walking and mentions something to his partner before stretching his whole right arm out at ninety degrees, pointing at the horizon.
    7)0.5 seconds later I duck n swerve and tut before changing up gear…..

Idiot…..

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘What to shout at pedestrians?’ is closed to new replies.