Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What to eat with homemade pasties?
  • tails
    Free Member

Bit of an awkward one this as the whole point of the pasty is a meal inside pastry. Maybe there are some cornish who know the score? I'm thinking salad

tails
    Free Member

or maybe salad and onion rings

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Err, another pastie?

tails
    Free Member

also why does singletrack say I'm moving to fast, I would argue its to slow.

walla24
    Free Member

I'm cornish and i'd reccomend a dollop of heinz tomato sauce, screw the salad but follow it with scones and cream instead 😀

To repeat wise words once said to me, "If there's room on your plate for other things, you should'v made the pasty bigger!"

enjoy though, mmmmmmm hot pasty….

tails
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion a very silly name, but nobodies fool. thats a great idea. :mrgreen:

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I'm not cornish, but I am starving…

I'd have home made potato wedges and beans.

Slice a big baking potato into 8 wedges.
    Stick a good dollop of olive oil, pepper, paprika/cayenne/seasoning in a bowl.
    Coat wedges. Sprinkle with salt and roast on baking tray for 20-30 minutes, turning once.

Beans – current favourite is Branston bloomin' big ones.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

If there's room on your plate for other things, you should'v made the pasty bigger!

Damn straight.

grumm
    Free Member

I had an amazing pastie at the Prince of Wales in Foxfield – came with beans. Super stodgy but really nice.

wors

what you need to do is put it between a barm/bap/flour cake (edit as you will) then you'll have a pastie barm.

stumpy01

Ooooh, thick cut chips & beans that are left on for ages to make them nice & thick…….mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

higgo
    Free Member

Stumpy speaks the truth.

Philby

My choice of accompaniments for a Cornish pasty would be a big slog of HP sauce for dipping purposes, or a large pile of Branston, or maybe even Piccalili (sp?) at a push.

Bl**dy local bakery had run out of hot Cornishes yesterday, and I had to revert to a ham sandwich, so am feeling very jealous of your lunch.

tails
    Free Member

don't worry philby its my dinner and you still have time for that.

khegs
    Free Member

Pasties need no accompaniment, apart from maybe some red/brown sauce (edit to taste/for northernness).

If you need something else you obviously haven't made the pasty big enough.

Now if I could find somewhere that made potatoless pasties down here so I could actually eat them, that'd be ideal 😉

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

try a splash of vinegar, wife (who is cornish) put me onto that.

tracknicko
    Free Member

henderson's relish.

AndyP
    Free Member

Sambal Oelek, and nowt else.

mavisto
    Free Member

My wife was Cornish and for her it was Heinz Tomato Sauce and a big mug of tea with sugar (she didn't take sugar normally).

I like to carry on the tradition!

khani
    Free Member

had one in newquay that was enormoose! one half traditional cornish filling and the other half apple + custerd, i still dream about it

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What to eat with homemade pasties?’ is closed to new replies.