Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 215 total)
  • What to do if a driver gets out of the car to 'sort out' an argument?
  • SD-253
    Free Member

joao3v16 – Member
    Do Some Cyclists Bring Trouble On Themselves?

YES by riding a bike

toys19
    Free Member

I think responding is, in law considered a poor show. If you have a choice to walk away and you don’t then this might not reflect well in a legal situation. Always best to walk away. It takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight than to face and fight (that’s what my uncle told me after I ran off when some kids tried to beat me up and I was gutted with myself for being chicken.)

SD-253
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    I think responding is, in law considered a poor show. If you have a choice to walk away and you don’t then this might not reflect well in a legal situation. Always best to walk away. It takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight than to face and fight (that’s what my uncle told me after I ran off when some kids tried to beat me up and I was gutted with myself for being chicken.)

Yeah thinking your uncle was talking bollocks there it definatly does not take a bigger man to walk away than face the fight. It is much harder to stand and fight what your uncle should have said is you had no chance against that many so you didn’t run away you beat a hasty retreat. At the end of the day they would have always looked at beating you up as a victory and you stopped them doing so. Also how do you walk or cycle for that matter away from car driver? your asking to be run over?
    Just as a matter of interest does not resonding mean lieing down and letting him kick you?

toys19
    Free Member

eah thinking your uncle was talking bollocks there it definatly does not take a bigger man to walk away than face the fight. It is much harder to stand and fight what your uncle should said is you had no chance against that many so you didn’t run away you beat a hasty retreat.

Well despite him trying to make me feel better he was actually completely right.. The point is that despite me being terrified and not manning up to the fight it is better to get over your own pathetic need to validate yourself through violence or confrontation as there can be no winners. Life isn’t a Clint movie you know. I think a real man knows that this –

At the end of the day they would have always looked at that as a victory and you stopped them doing so.

– really does not matter, who cares if they think they are “victorous” I prefer not to enter into such a moronic competition. There are millions of blokes and women out there who could beat me up, and maybe some who I could beat up, who cares? If someone threatens you with violence the only way to win is to get away from that violence. So the real man is the one who does not feel like a chicken despite waking away, a real man is one who accepts his own limitations and does not feel the need to be ready to beat the crap out of anyone who starts a petty little row with him.

In fact the hardest bloke I know, a 7th dan aikido sensei claims to have never been in a fight, he always walks away. How do I know he is hard? I have been involved in 10 man attacks on him. After he has won he will find the person who was holding back in the attack the most and make you pay, so next time you know to go in as hard as possible. We all try to mash him up and he is untouchable. Number 1 rule of aikido? Man up and walk away.

cheers_drive

I’m a very placid person who despite being 6’3″ and 15st normally avoids confrontation at all cost. That is until someone try to kill me in their car when the switch just flips and I lose it. I forget that the motorist surrounded by 2 tonnes of metal so probably luckily for me they have all got away before I’ve caught up.

ton

read all this post…….and all i can say is that if someone is in your face screaming that they are gonna kill you, well they are gonna get it.
    it may be seen as wrong or thuggish by the soft leftie types on here.
    we all come from differant backgrounds with and have all been brought up in differant ways.
    and it takes all sorts dont it……….. 😉

hora
    Free Member

Unless someones punching me then I’ll take ALOT of abuse. Not so long ago in Hebden I had someone physically pushing me and I didnt react or rise.

I calmed him down without backing down.

Like I said its seriously uncool seeing a road rage incident – NO ONE looks good regardless of who is right/wrong- it soon disapears to others and they are the ones who are the witnesses.

Peace.

toys19
    Free Member

it may be seen as wrong or thuggish by the soft leftie types on here.

it is a personal choice, I think if someone threatens anyone they should be prepared to face the consequences. I just feel personally that after I have beaten the crap out of them and then been imprisoned for assault, that whatever petty thing they said or screamed would be insignificant to the damage to my life and family due to my incarceration. AVOID.

Is it time to post this vid again? The bloke hangs on as long as possible, despite mateys threats he never gets into it unless he vitally has to. [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNMfZ3CZco0[/video]

njee20
    Free Member

the police man above meets the definiition of not inciting the situation? Am I or anyone else inciting the sitaution when a car driver pulls out in front of you? Yes I suppose we are if you take the side of the car driver all the time which cyclist would not….do you own a bike? thats not one that hangs in the garage except for the odd day in the summer? Cowardly? Well saying things like that on the internet and knowing you will never have to back it up says all you need to know about you. How do you write a chicken noise?

Your unitelligable ramblings confuse me, I assume you’re either 10, or have an IQ of 10, but I think that was aimed at me, as you quoted my post, although you actually quoted Junkyard quoting my quote. Very odd. You ought to learn to punctuate things too, makes your drivel even harder to read.

Anyway… yes, I do own several bikes, and they get used a lot, year round, as I said previously on the road a fair bit as well. More than 500 road miles in the last month, a good proportion of those in Central London, and I’ve managed not to shout anything at any of the many car drivers (or cyclists) who’ve nearly had me off.

I’m not quite sure how this makes me a coward, I’ve not said anything I won’t ‘back up in real life’, I don’t even know what you mean. You sound like a particular species of moron, I will happily say this to you face to face, I’m not saying you are one, but your online persona certainly indicates that. I imagine you’ll now say you want to fight me. Which really confirms what I thought.

Much love xx

SD-253
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    If someone threatens you with violence the only way to win is to get away from that violence.

Sorry but have to disagree with you. You are merely encouraging them. They think they can do it to anyone and that everyone will back down. Hell you just have to listen to Muslim extremist who constantly say that UK is weak and they will force sharia law hear first. The attack on the twin towers was based on osama bin laden belief that the US was a “paper tiger”…….mistake?? If you read no-nonsense the policeman above he says the same thing in roundabout way?? Are you telling me I should have lain on the floor taking a kicking from driver who swerved in front of me and slammed the brakes on?? That would have encouraged him do it again because he knows he can get away with it……..surely you can see that?

DezB
    Free Member

Is it time to post this vid again? The bloke hangs on as long as possible, despite mateys threats he never gets into it unless he vitally has to.

Extreme example. But he doesn’t run away either. Although it’s totally irrelevant as neither of them are in a car or on a bike.

BruceWee

The more I think about it the more I’m happy with the way I handled things. The guy first tried to bully me with his car. Then he tried to bully me by using his size to push me around. He got a shock when a small skinny guy in lycra stopped him dead. The fact that I was ready to go for him if he tried to invade my personal space again stopped him from doing anything else. He then got back in his car and probably boasted to his daughter all the way home about how he taught a cyclist a lesson.

Maybe he’ll think twice about trying to confront people physically or maybe he won’t. Maybe he’ll start intentionally driving people off the road, I don’t know. I’d do the exact same thing again anyway.

hora
    Free Member

Again.

I’ve just deliberately cut a cyclist up and given him grief then driven off.

Would I….

A). Prefer he does the **** sign to me
    or
    B). I get a knock on the door from a Traffic Officer investigating a possible Section59?

Which one do you think would alter my driving more?

toys19
    Free Member

extreme example. But he doesn’t run away either. Although it’s totally irrelevant as neither of them are in a car or on a bike.

Yeah I know, good vid though. But I don’t think he had anywhere to run, he needed to protect his family/property, he kept his cool hoping the aggressor would just back off, in the end he was left with little choice but to wallop him. If it was me I would have gone inside locked the doors and armed myself and the wife with cameras/video and recorded the lot whilst calling the police.

The below is a load of bollocks, I cannot believe you have read the daily mail today and still find time to post here, did someone read it to you?

Sorry but have to disagree with you. You are merely encouraging them. They think they can do it to anyone and that everyone will back down. Hell you just have to listen to Muslim extremist who constantly say that UK is weak and they will force sharia law hear first. The attack on the twin towers was based on osama bin laden belief that the US was a “paper tiger”…….mistake?? If you read no-nonsense the policeman above he says the same thing in roundabout way??

UK gets threatened all the time, they mostly ignore it.

Are you telling me I should have lain on the floor taking a kicking from driver who swerved in front of me and slammed the brakes on?? That would have encouraged him do it again because he knows he can get away with it……..surely you can see that?

No but if you could have you should have buggered off.
    Do you think getting into a fight with a bloke is going to teach him anything? After you have “won” do you think he will go home and reappraise his views on driving and agree with your view of his driving? He will just go and feel more bitter and probably run over more cyclists, in fact I imagine his behaviour with you happened because of previous altercations. Make peace, walk away.

SD-253
    Free Member

toys19 – Member

hardest bloke I know, a 7th dan aikido sensei claims to have never been in a fight, he always walks away. How do I know he is hard? I have been involved in 10 man attacks on him. After he has won he will find the person who was holding back in the attack the most and make you pay, so next time you know to go in as hard as possible. We all try to mash him up and he is untouchable. Number 1 rule of aikido? Man up and walk away.
    I have never heard so much shite in all my life 10 men attck him all at the same time and he can fight them all off?????? You have been watching to many Bruce Lee films. NO ONE NO ONE what so ever can do that you would simply be on him and pinning his arms to his sides immediatly. That remark is an insult to peoples intelligence. Maybe if they came at him one at a time then it is possible but if you are saying all at once then you are lieing end of.

yunki
    Free Member

what this thread needs is a good group hug….

toys19
    Free Member

I have never heard so much shite in all my life 10 men attck him all at the same time and he can fight them all off?????? You have been watching to many Bruce Lee films. NO ONE NO ONE what so ever can do that you would simply be on him and pinning his arms to his sides immediatly. That remark is an insult to peoples intelligence. Maybe if they came at him one at a time then it is possible but if you are saying all at once then you are lieing end of.

If you had ever seen it you would know it relies on the fact that 10 people can not physically access 1 person, at most about 5 can get close enough at any moment. But I have been there and I am not lying. It might well be an insult to your intelligence as that would seem pretty easy.

jam-bo

I have never heard so much shite in all my life 10 men attck him all at the same time and he can fight them all off??????

you can’t beat the angry pyjamas patiently queueing up to have a half assed pop at a sensei.

put him in a cage with a proper fighter and he’d get proper mashed up…

hora
    Free Member

Anyone can learn Kata’s and get belts. Its taking it in and ability/another level when you really can put it into practice.

Personally I’d back a boxer/street-fighter over a ‘Sensai’ any day of the week.

toys19
    Free Member

put him in a cage with a proper fighter and he’d get proper mashed up…

I said he was the hardest bloke I know. I don’t know any cage fighters, and I am sure there are people that can have him, so what? The point is he is nails and could win in most situations but chooses not to. Mostly i should imagine because:
    1) He might not win
    2) If he did he might win later in court or revenge attack
    3) He isn’t a small minded moron who validates himself by turning petty arguments into life changing conflict.

Anyone can learn Kata’s and get belts. Its taking it in and ability/another level when you really can put it into practice.

Again so what, I didn’t say he was harder than everyone, he just happens to be the hardest bloke I know. I gave it as an example of a demonstrably hard person not getting into fights as his civilised brain has more power over his lizard brain..

SD-253
    Free Member

toys19
    The below is a load of bollocks, I cannot believe you have read the daily mail today and still find time to post here, did someone read it to you?

Wouldn’t know never read the Daily Mail nor have I read your paper the Gaurdian. Always best to insult if you lose the arguement? The Times by the way a little less bias than the Gaurdian.

UK gets threatened all the time, they mostly ignore it.

Who ignores it? I was giving example from the rabid antiright BBC

Are you telling me I should have lain on the floor taking a kicking from driver who swerved in front of me and slammed the brakes on?? That would have encouraged him do it again because he knows he can get away with it……..surely you can see that?

No but if you could have you should have buggered off.
    Do you think getting into a fight with a bloke is going to teach him anything? After you have “won” do you think he will go home and reappraise his views on driving and agree with your view of his driving? He will just go and feel more bitter and probably run over more cyclists, in fact I imagine his behaviour with you happened because of previous altercations. Make peace, walk away.

That is an alternative view but in my opinion (am I allowed one as I am working class and not one one of the Liberal middle class?)you in essence are saying no different from there should be no consequence for your astions…………I believe thats called anarchy?? And it is difficult when on the floor to “run away” and trying to would have encouarged him to continue attacking me.

mstrb
    Free Member

[Quote]toys19-

Is it time to post this vid again? The bloke hangs on as long as possible, despite mateys threats he never gets into it unless he vitally has to.[/quote]

“Silent biker” – No. This video has nothing to do with bikes. It’s just some chav that gets his arse handed to him.

ton

however i am now a changed man and have seen the error of my ways.
    i would now laugh at someone screaming in my face, but how should i react if he then hit me?
    i dont know, anyone have a answer?

toys19
    Free Member

mstrb – Member
    “Silent biker” – No. This video has nothing to do with bikes. It’s just some chav that gets his arse handed to him.

Read my response to the same comment. It is good though isn’t it?

Yeah I know, good vid though. But I don’t think he had anywhere to run, he needed to protect his family/property, he kept his cool hoping the aggressor would just back off, in the end he was left with little choice but to wallop him. If it was me I would have gone inside locked the doors and armed myself and the wife with cameras/video and recorded the lot whilst calling the police.

Ton said

i would now laugh at someone screaming in my face, but how should i react if he then hit me?

Isn’t this hypothetical as in most situations you would just get away before the face screaming begins?

SD-253
    Free Member

ton – Member

I am pretty certain……..no postive that that would be the ultimate wind up to a screaming loony if there was any chance of him doing it that would have sent him over the top…….. no doubt toys19 would still support the car driver??

toys19
    Free Member

ou in essence are saying no different from there should be no consequence for your astions…………I believe thats called anarchy?? And it is difficult when on the floor to “run away” and trying to would have encouarged him to continue attacking me.

From you report above, you went further than defending yourself, you then went on the attack and were beaten by the

dam centrel locking

The consequences of his actions should have been a call from the cops, but you took the wrong decision on that too.

no doubt toys19 would still support the car driver??

That is crazy that you would think I have any empathy with or sympathy for people that threaten other people. I think you will find I am supporting you. But I don’t know if you are open minded enough to realise that.

DezB
    Free Member

It might well be an insult to your intelligence as that would seem pretty easy.

Takes time to admire the above line 🙂

I don’t think that video is “good” at all. I think its **** disgusting that a bloke had to resort to violence to get rid of some chav that was trying to impress his phone-camera wielding scum friends. There’s nothing good or relevant about it.

Nonsense
    Free Member

It is entirely possible to be a victim of violent conduct without inviting it or inciting it. However swearing at people isn’t going to reflect terribly well on you either. I was the victim of threats of violence without any negative behaviour on my part. But I would always recommend calling police and make it clear that you are being physically threatened. I deal with conflict and violence a daily basis but it’s always better to call the police and explain what’s happened in a calm manner. I wasn’t suggesting squaring up to someone and using physical violence if you can avoid it. Hoewever the law does allow for a pre-emptive strike if you are genuinely in fear of your own or another’s safety. The obvious caveat is that it’s for a jury to decide if the force was reasonable in the circumstances.

toys19
    Free Member

Takes time to admire the above line

Thanks.

I don’t think that video is “good” at all. I think its **** disgusting that a bloke had to resort to violence to get rid of some chav that was trying to impress his phone-camera wielding scum friends. There’s nothing good or relevant about it.

OK fair enough. It is actually awful. When I first saw it it made me sick to my stomach (until the conclusion) as I have been in similar situations – but my ‘good’ comment is from the relief that his smart actions brought things to a swift and mostly painless conclusion. I admire that bloke for dealing with it the way he did.

SD-253
    Free Member

toys19 – Member

If you had ever seen it you would know it relies on the fact that 10 people can not physically access 1 person, at most about 5 can get close enough at any moment. But I have been there and I am not lying. It might well be an insult to your intelligence as that would seem pretty easy. So that means he is only taking 5 at time. Not that 5 wouldn’t be able to stop with ease. Again each pathetic insult about my inteligence shows you are losing the arguement and yes I still think you are lieing it can’t be done…..how can you fight the person behind you and the person to your sides and in front at the same time??

Junkyard
    Free Member

chuckles at njee20

I would back my sensai and in uder 5 seconds tbh.
    Your suggestion that someone who trains all day is not good at it is daft.

NO ONE NO ONE what so ever can do that you would simply be on him and pinning his arms to his sides immediatly.

you may be able to just rush him and do a pile on if you get really lucky but he not going to just stand still and wait for you all to arrive. He will move and strike
    Seriously have you any idea just how fast and hard these people can hit

You are so informed you cant even see how it can be done.. I see little point debating it with you but trust me it can and with speed, movement and power.

toys19
    Free Member

You are so informed you cant even see how it can be done..

I expect sd-253 is just using his ‘common sense’.

philconsequence
    Free Member

surfmatt could take you all on.

i’ve seen someone take out 4 people with one punch that somehow merged into a headbut at the end.

SD-253
    Free Member

Nonsense – Member
    It is entirely possible to be a victim of violent conduct without inviting it or inciting it. However swearing at people isn’t going to reflect terribly well on you either. I was the victim of threats of violence without any negative behaviour on my part. But I would always recommend calling police and make it clear that you are being physically threatened. I deal with conflict and violence a daily basis but it’s always better to call the police and explain what’s happened in a calm manner. I wasn’t suggesting squaring up to someone and using physical violence if you can avoid it. Hoewever the law does allow for a pre-emptive strike if you are genuinely in fear of your own or another’s safety. The obvious caveat is that it’s for a jury to decide if the force was reasonable in the circumstances.

Bang on statement you put it perfectly
    If, just if I had got up from floor before car driver had got to me would I have been in the clear to throw the first punch note his behaviour definatly (they way he got out of the car etc) said to me he was out to “get me” and he got a few punch in first but igoring that would have punched him firsts simply based on his actions. You know if car driver gets out of his car and comes towards you can tell from his stance where ever he is likely to start fighting

ski
    Free Member

Mike Godwin rule?

Anyone care to take a bet, how long?

😉

toys19
    Free Member

Well we have had muslims and osama it won’t be long now..

philconsequence
    Free Member

pre-emptive strike? sounds like something the nazis would do

toys19
    Free Member

pre-emptive strike? sounds like something the nazis USA would do

FTFY you thread ruiner..

SD-253
    Free Member

toys19 – Member

ou in essence are saying no different from there should be no consequence for your astions…………I believe thats called anarchy?? And it is difficult when on the floor to “run away” and trying to would have encouarged him to continue attacking me.

From you report above, you went further than defending yourself, you then went on the attack and were beaten by the

dam centrel locking
    Keys?? not drive away without…..although I could cycle away with and then call the police??? No never entered your head? Is that is because you think i was not intelligent enought to think of that? Is everyone who disagrees with you thick…….how “liberal” middle class can you get?

The consequences of his actions should have been a call from the cops, but you took the wrong decision on that too.

No you got me there I am not perfect like you in all circumstances?

no doubt toys19 would still support the car driver??

That is crazy that you would think I have any empathy with or sympathy for people that threaten other people.When did I say he threatened me he attacked me there is differance……….honest.

I think you will find I am supporting you. But I don’t know if you are open minded enough to realise that.

WOW from someone who only sees one point of view’ his own I have to be open minded or put another way agree with you because that appears to be your definition of open minded

ransos
    Free Member

What I want to know is can a plane take off on a conveyor belt?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 215 total)

The topic ‘What to do if a driver gets out of the car to 'sort out' an argument?’ is closed to new replies.