Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What size frame spesh enduro
  • deano8
    Free Member

A friend of mine is after a enduro, his budget will only stretch to about £900 so probably an 2008 ish bike.
    He’s about 5ft 9, will he definitely need a medium?
    Or could he get away with a small, he mainly rides trail centres.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I had a 2009 medium and I’m 5″10 with 32 inside leg and it was a perfect fit with a short stem .

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Inside leg torso and reach may also be useful. What does he currently ride? Spesh have all the old info online so you can get the geometry and compare to something to hand.

enduroforever
    Free Member

Defo a medium frame. Mine is a large and feels too big, I’m hoping the shorter stem that i have ordered will make it feel a little bit smaller

MarkLG
    Free Member

I’m about the same height and my M enduro is spot on size wise. I think your mate would find a small pretty cramped.
    Better to hold out form the right size.

deano8
    Free Member

Thank you for your replies.
    I’ve seen the online info on sizing but was told a small was ok by someone on e-bay.
    Mike, I’ve no idea on his measurements, but that’s a good point.

renton
    Free Member

Medium!

goose75
    Free Member

Hi Deano8 I have a 2008 Enduro SL Expert (Medium) which I was just thinking about selling. I’m 6 foot and fit’s me fine. Its in very good condition with lots of upgrades. PM me if your interested.

jamj1974

I am 6′ and I ride a medium Enduro – and before anyone asks, I am not cramped, currently riding it with an 80mm stem (As I have replaced the E150’s).

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

I’m 6′ and ride a Medium Pitch (so similar geo to the older Enduro) with a 60mm stem and 710mm bars – bit cramped on longer rides but perfect for general hacking about. They do seem to come up big so would definitely try it first.

tmb467
    Free Member

For that money have a look at an 06 as well

Great frame and you can probly pick one up for about 500 or 600, leaving you enough to splash out on ‘making it ones own’

(Well that was my decision anyway)

And I’m 5’8 and ride a medium which is just right for me

deano8
    Free Member

Tmb467 – I like the older frames too but I think he wants the newer shape.
    goose 75- could you send me some pics and spec and price to simonwannadrive@yahoo.co.uk

renton
    Free Member

I wouldn’t pay anywhere near 500 for an 06 frame that is just madness!!

I’m sure one of the bike shops have new spesh frames for near that!

Plus the 06 frames are heavy now.

Stick with the enduro sl frame or even a pitch.

br
    Free Member

I’ve seen the online info on sizing but was told a small was ok by someone on e-bay.

That no doubt was someone selling a small?

tmb467
    Free Member

500 or 600 for the bike – not the frame alone

And yes they are heavy but if you’ve only got 900 quid for a bike then (and I only speak from personal experience) 5 or 6 ton for the bike and 300 to ‘lighten’ it / make it yours isn’t a bad thing

If you weigh 14 stone and I weigh 13 stone 4 then 5 pounds difference on the bike weight doesn’t make that much difference (especially if I’m fitter 🙂 )

renton
    Free Member

I bought an 09 enduro sl for less than 900 and there are loads going for around that price!!

Older ones have had their day!!

tmb467
    Free Member

As long as you’re enjoying it then I’m pleased for you

Love my 06 and love building it out 🙂

renton
    Free Member

Nah sold the enduro sl and had a play on a few other bikes since!

I should add that I have owned both an 06 and an 09 enduro and in my opinion the 09 pissed all over the older one in every way.

Glad your happy with yours though.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What size frame spesh enduro’ is closed to new replies.