• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mttm.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What rechargeable AA batteries for Fenix torch?
  • sam_underhill

My Panasonic ones that keep their charge whilst stored (like eneloop) are 2100mAh and severely dropped off in performance last night after ~ 1hr 15 mins in my fenix L2D torch.

Was this just the cold stopping them providing power? or do I just need some bigger capacity batteries?

7Dayshop seem to have 2900 mAh regular Ni-mh batteries which look like a more powerful option. i guess all you need to do is charge them within a couple of days of using them to make sure they fully charged.

singletracksurfer

my 7-day shop 2900’s were rubbish, VERY short life and lost charge VERY quickly when not in use. Binned them (which is a big deal for someone as tight like myself) and got some Duracell (and some Panasonic ones) which are waaay better (2800 I think, off flea-bay).

neninja
    Free Member

If you want them to maintain charge when not in use you want Sanyo Eneloops

If as you say your not bothered about that and will charge before use then the Annsman ones are good
    http://www.batteries-plus.co.uk/acatalog/Uniross_AA_2300_mAh_NiMH_batteries.html

nickf
    Free Member

These work well in my Fenix – I get good life and they’ve maintained this for the last 6 months of daily charging.

chiefgrooveguru

I switched to Hybrios a while back because the self-discharge rate is too annoyingly high on conventional NiMH cells. Batteries do not like temperature extremes, so that would explain the short life. Just take a spare pair, they’re so quick to swap.

sam_underhill

looks like panasonic (infinium) and eneloop reckon that their batteries are better performers in the cold as well.

Looks like carrying a spare pair is the best option.

ta.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Ansmann 2800mAh are about the best quality long lasting batteries you can get but they do lose charge when not in use.

Hybrid batteries like Hybrios don’t lose much charge but they also don’t hold much overall so don’t last as long.

Get a decent charger too – look up BL700 – it’s the best by miles.

jools182
    Free Member

eneloops

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Eneloops are only 2000mAh so won’t last as long as Ansmann 2800s. I notice a difference even using Hybrios (like eneloops but 2100mAh).

J0N
    Free Member

I’ve been using Duracel 2300 for two years now. Always charged them on a slow trickle charger (takes 16 hours apparently) and they still go for nearly 2 hours on turbo. I have noticed decreased run time in very low temps.
    I believe that lower capacities are better for holding charge when stored.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Last lot from here I was impressed with. Not used them in the cold yet though.

http://www.vapextech.co.uk/

mttm
    Free Member

The Vapex ones are excellent:

http://www.vapextech.co.uk/acatalog/High_Power_Consumer_Batteries.html

Long life and very low self-discharge rate as well – highly recommended.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What rechargeable AA batteries for Fenix torch?’ is closed to new replies.