Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What oil to use on Mavic hubs?
  • stayhigh

I’ll be servicing my Crossrides when my new bearings & freehub bush arrive this week and wondered what oil to use? After reading various bits & pieces its recommended to use mineral oil rather then grease on the pawls as it is thinner and wont clag them up.

Mavic mineral oil is suggested or Pedros Road Rage as the closest alternative but I cant find either.

What would be the best thing to use instead, could I use chain lube or even something like 3in1?

Cheers 🙂

rp16v
    Free Member

iv used tf2 and finishline wetlube and its been on untill today when it started screaming at me but thats 4 years of running

anto164
    Free Member

I had my hub apart to check for creaking, and there was some sort of thin oil inside the feehub. I thought it was water originally because of the riding i did last week, but no, it was mineral oil (I think) a few drops of that in the freehub and it should be reet

anc
    Free Member

+1 finish line wet lube. Any synthetic lightweight oil would be good. Don’t use real oil it’ll cause the freehub bush to swell.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

ONLY USE MINERAL OIL or you will **** it up…read the mavic web site..Shiamno or magura oil will be just fine

stayhigh

Cool, mineral oil it is. Hopefully I can blag some from my lbs when I pop in today 🙂

anto164
    Free Member

Let us know what oil you do use, and what the results were. I’m looking for some for my crossmax SX wheelset.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What oil to use on Mavic hubs?’ is closed to new replies.