Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 271 total)
  • What no Grand Tour (new Top Gear) thread?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

I’m mystified as to how you came to that conclusion

It’s the way he talks to people. He gives them a false sense of security, they open up because ‘hey, im talking with the great Leno!’ – then he either cuts them off mid sentence or ignores every word they’ve said in order to give yet another dull quip/analogy of his own.

Like I said, I like his collection – kudos for him for earning the millions required to procure/maintain – I just find him a bit thrush.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Clarkson could do with losing some weight was my main thought…

JackHammer

Found it on Kodi. 😀

Felt a bit like they were “trying”, ah well first episode.

Stop flapping Flaperon.

convert

Just watched it in much anticipation after positive reviews.

Poor. Very poor. Even arguably the best 3 cars in history didn’t really save it for me.

I kind of thought the title referred to the new show being week after week of the road trips (the best bit of TG imo).

slimjim78
    Free Member

Weird how I ended up disliking TG, and its 3 stooges – but found GT to be fresher and more entertaining.

Like others, im not sure the new track is up to much – time will tell. I sure was bored of the old one though.
    And im also confident that some of the following episodes will have superb moments in them.

I thought I was King Fussybritches but it appears im a mere knave

Houns

Much better tonight, plenty of chuckles during the special forces bit

bikebouy
    Free Member

Anyone know when the next episode is ?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

8 hrs ago.

the-muffin-man

I finally got round to watching it last night – for me it’s Top Gear + a little bit more, and some more swearing.

I enjoyed it though.

milky1980
    Free Member

Episode 2 is a lot better than no.1 😀

Looks like they’re going to do a phased change from Top Gear format to the new one, the bit with May in Joberg was fun, better if they had got him a car to play in though.

Looks good for the rest of the series 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ta.

jimdubleyou

Episode 2 is a lot better than no.1

I felt the other way round tbh.

All that army stuff was quite boring.

Drac

What the hell is this shit?

Well that military bit was just tedious.

Houns

I was chuckling loads at that bit

But it was late at night, I was tired and dosed up on painkillers

craig24
    Free Member

Episode 1 was brilliant, like Top Gear at its best. Episode 2 a bit poor IMO, less car stuff and the military bit was way to long. A normal test review of the S8 would of been better.

smogmonster

Episode 1 was great, Episode 2 was just abysmal – that whole pointless Special Forces skit that mentioned a car what, about 5% of the whole thing. Im a massive fan of the 3 of them, but that was embarrassing to watch. Pure cringe.

atlaz
    Free Member

The whole special forces thing seemed like an idea that was good when they had it but then they realised they had no idea what was going on and we ended up with that shit.

iolo
    Free Member

I enjoyed the first one. The second one however was not so good. The American Stig should just not talk as he’s annoying. The Army thing was just 3 men trying to be funny and failing miserably. I did snigger though when May shot the queen. And this Celeb dying thing they do – not even remotely witty.

igm

Turns out we do have prime. Watched episode 1. Not sure. A little like when you see an aging former beauty who has had just a little too much cosmetic surgery – a bit plastic and left me reminiscing and missing what it used to be.

Sometimes things need to age gracefully and not try so hard to be what they just aren’t anymore.

Others seem to have liked it though so maybe it’s just me.

somouk
    Free Member

Really disappointed in episode 2. Episode 1 wasn’t bad and I thought was a good opener, almost like a high budget Top Gear.

This latest episode wasn’t really about cars, the entire main sketch was worthless really.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Both episodes have felt over-long and tedious. There’s just not enough variety – Ep 1 was about the hypercars and Ep 2 was about the Special Forces bit – both of which went on far too long.
    The fake fight about the RAF in Ep 1 was awful and the track looks tiny – they must have to go round it 4 times to get those lap times!

rs
    Free Member

uh! not looking good, so the celeb dying thing is actually a thing and not just killing off the celeb bit, and the news is still called coronation street, and the american still talks! arrggghhh! I don’t know why they can’t just come on, talk a bit about car news without calling it anything, cut to a few films, just seems like they’re trying to hard when they should have kept it more casual banter. I’d like to say i’m out, but i’ll probably still watch it. 1st world problems I guess.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmm.. I’ve watched Ep2, didn’t think it was that good TBH.. 😐

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Episode 2 is dire. Switched off.

kerley
    Free Member

Just think what could be done with the budget to produce an actual car show instead of just pissing about and even when they do show a car they don’t exactly explore it.

crazy-legs

Meh.

Yet another million pound hypercar that you can’t drive on a public road. The military thing was funny in places but rapidly got very dull. And the celebrity death thing is just shit.

There’s potential there, the filming was all very nice but so far, not impressed.

jimjam
    Free Member

crazy-legs – Member

Yet another million pound hypercar that you can’t drive on a public road.

What’s this?

outofbreath
    Free Member

I’m enjoying No2. The fighting sketches can be fast forwarded.

Shame they didn’t spend more time on the engineering of the spinning cars and especially the home made cars.

Doubt I’ll watch all of ’em but the first two seem OK to me.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I thought that.

They could have extended the Spinning Cars, got a little into the culture and Yoof element.. Would have been nice to see and hear about their experiences living in Jo’Burg..

The Million Pound hype car was an Aston..

rkk01
    Free Member

Enjoyed No.1.

No. 2 is shit

Boring, distasteful, unfunny

WTF
    Free Member

Well, I liked it. 😀

bungle

On the plus side, if you fast forward through all the boring bits it really doesn’t last long at all

bearnecessities

Absolute crap.

piemonster

Well, I liked it.

WTF, it was awful 🙂

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Spinning cars, this is a thing? Bizarre, why would you do that or watch it?

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Ep 1 – decent, I enjoyed it.

Ep 2 – Worried now. The ‘celebrity death’ looks uncannily like a ‘jumping the shark’ feature. It’s terrible and I can’t watch it

It really needs a simple, UK based, episode along the lines of the previous ‘hover van’, ‘convertible MPV’, ‘make yor own camper van’ episodes of Top Gear. The best parts of TG were the off the cuff quips and general banter between Clarkson/Hammond/May in these episodes.

A case of ‘less is more’

stewartc
    Free Member

Starting to get a little boring to me, celebrity death, over long ‘special forces’ segment and I am now starting to do what I used to do with the last few series of TG, fast forward through the test track footage, yes, its a fast car and it goes fast around a race track.
    Would like a bit more engineering and some decent challenges, they were in SA, they could have come up with a great challenge.
    Will preserver, its a reasonably long series so it may be building up slowly.

mtbfix

At least Top Gear took that Aston to a proper track.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Special forces was too long, but it was funny. I was surprised to see a car make an appearance as I forgot it was a car programme.
    Too much entertainment and not enough car stuff.
    Still entertaining though.

DrP

P1 looked full of potential.. P2 was full of disappointment…

Oh well, at least bookaboo is good for the kids…

DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 271 total)

The topic ‘What no Grand Tour (new Top Gear) thread?’ is closed to new replies.