Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What new tyres for my motor?
  • 40mpg

Whats the ST favourite currently? (Can of worms I know!)

For a Volvo XC60 AWD, currently has Pirelli Scorpion Verde All-Season which have been fine, came on the car when I bought it (2nd hand) 2 years ago and seem to have lasted fairly well, although I’ve nothing else to reference them against on that car.

Live in the deep south (Dorset) so no particularly harsh winters to deal with, mostly motorway and A-road driving, regular trips to North Devon to visit my daughter (currently most weeks as shes got a new baby so thats pushing up mileage). Can do upto 3000 miles a month in ‘normal’ times but thats reduced massively the last 2 years.

All-seasons seem like a good idea, although the Pirelli’s get pretty poor reviews. Goodyear Vector rate well but would cost an extra £100 for four.

Normal summer tyres are only a touch cheaper (branded models) but don’t have such good ratings for economy or grip.

Thoughts?

butcher

Michelin Cross Climate. Summer tyre with winter mud and snow rating.

goldfish24

Michelin cross climate.

jam-bo

Cross climates on my outback.

jsync

What have you got out front?

Sorry…

surfpunk

Goodyear vectors or Continental XL All Season contact.

CountZero

Looking at Falken EUROALL SEASON AS210 for my EcoSport when the current Goodyears need replacing. They seem to get good reviews, and I believe they’re a bit cheaper. 205/60R16’s are around £75, so a wee bit cheaper than the Michelins, which I might consider if the price matched up.

mboy
    Free Member

Michelin Cross Climate… Seriously. Really very good in all conditions, and last a long time too.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Michelin Cross climates here too
    on the Golf and Agilis Cross Climate on the vans.

jeffl

I looked at both the Michelin Cross Climates and Goodyear Vectors when it came to new tyre time. My understanding is that they aim to solve the same problem from two different directions. Michelin are a summer tyre that works ok in the winter, whilst the Goodyear are a winter tyre that works ok in the summer. I went for the Goodyear Vectors in the end as I could get them for a better price.

martymac

Wife seems impressed with the goodyear efficient grip 2 on her subaru xv.
    She drove out of her parking spot in Februarys 6” of snow like it was a normal road.
    Noticeably, they are slightly quieter than the standard fitment yokohama geolandars the car came with.

plus-one

Vectors all round here great so far 🙂

National tyres are/were letting you pay it over 6 installments.

intheborders
    Free Member

If you’re asking for recommendations, then whatever is the correct Michelin for your car is always the correct answer.

Tyres, the only thing really keeping you out of the hedge/ditch/etc.

fazzini

Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Evo – does anyone have these on their motor? They seem to be the ideal fit for most UK winter type weather.

I’ve had Hankook Kinergy 4S all seasons on my last car and they were excellent. Also very well reviewed.

thepurist

Tyres, the only thing really keeping you out of the hedge/ditch/etc.

…except awsum skillz if you’re an STW driving god.

Oh and Cross Climates +N

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What new tyres for my motor?’ is closed to new replies.