Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 222 total)
  • What new car for £30k?
  • the_lecht_rocks

Ijs445ra how did you manage the discount.. I like the m135i….

br
    Free Member

Probably too late to the thread, but if I had £30k burning a hole in my pocket i’d get a Jaguar XJ supercharged R

If you read the first couple of posts you’d realise that the OP hasn’t either – he’s just going to spunk £16k over 3 years without owning the car.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

b r, that I don’t endorse! 😀

CountZero

It’ll be interesting to see how this compares to the likes of the M135i:
    We can now confirm the 2015 Volkswagen Golf R has a 296-horsepower turbo four. Is it about to become the king of the hot hatchbacks? More ->
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153102111100394&set=a.10150230113685394.477570.196092100393&type=1&relevant_count=1

300bhp four cylinder, yikes!

fifo
    Free Member

Or more practically with the rubbish winters a range rover evoque

A Freelander in a skirt that looks like it’s been sat on?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Still great in the snow, ice and off road though and lovely interior 😀

pjm84
    Free Member

A Freelander in a skirt that looks like it’s been sat on?

I thought it was just the Wife and I that didn’t like the “Freelander in a sharp suit” …. aka upturned skip …. that will be an extra £10000 thank you very much.

pjm84
    Free Member

Depends on the tyre options!

fifo
    Free Member

Still great in the snow, ice and off road though and lovely interior

Given teh wheel sizes offered on teh Evoque, a freelander would undoubtedly be better, and can be just as blingy inside. it’s also considerably sheaper

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I return to this thread in shame…despite my earlier posts i have since ordered an M135i

I drove it and pretty much instantly forgot the looks. As a drivers car the golf simply cannot compete. The M135i is as good as the reviews say, combine that with the best part of £5k discount (as a cash buyer) it worked out almost £2k cheaper than the Golf which will go a fair distance to off setting the higher running costs….arrives September cannot wait!

I won’t say I told you so!! What spec did you go for in the end? I was *this* close to ordering a white 5 door M135i with media pack and auto box but was offered a stonking deal on a new M5 which is just an absolute beast and I can still get my bike in the back if I remove the front wheel. The Sunday morning drive over to Swinley through Windsor Great Park is an event every week now!

Bet you can’t wait until September!

ijs445ra
    Free Member

White 5dr manual and not a single option ticked 🙂

Costing me just over £26k which is a bit of a bargain for the performance me thinks. Local dealer had an event on for existing customers with support from BMW UK so there were bigger discounts than i ever expected never thought i would get one for that price. Got given an envelope on arrival which had an additional offer of some sort we got an extra £500 off other folk got free servicing etc.

Had i been a bit more prepared may have specc’ed a few more things like the M-Performance exhaust, coral red leather was nice but not sure how good it will be at resale time so stuck with black, other than that the car was suprisingly well equipped for a standard BMW.

I dont get spending £1k on SatNav when a TomTom is better, costs a fraction and you can take it with you if you change car.

Did not like the 8sp auto that i test drove, shuffled gears non-stop in full auto mode and while the manual overide was impressive i just found having 8 gears got on my nerves, i guess if you owned it you would get used to it.

Murray

Sounds great – can you get a bike in the back or does it have to go outside?

titusrider
    Free Member

I too have arrived at a decision, got a heavily discounted GTI on order with plenty of optional extras. Gonna cost me 350 ish a month with £3000 down (about 25k as RRP)

3dr,
    Red
    performance pack,
    adaptive dampers,
    nav,
    Dynaudio posh sound system

Pretty much all the extras are free thanks to DrivetheDeal

– long wait times though, probably not ready till jan but that’s fine with us as we are away all of December.

I do envy the BMW a little, that is another level of performance but I just cant deal with the looks and the badge 😉 I bet you will be having a lot of fun though!

pjm84
    Free Member

Its official I am old. I like my 1560cc diesel V70 Volvo R design with all the safety extras and heated seats . 50mpg (700 to 800miles a tank)and £30 VED. Cheap insurance @ £280 a year.

Motorbike for 😈

I really like the 8speed BMW auto. Works well in the Wife’s car. Maybe more suited to the diesel engine.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

titus – that sounds like a jolly good deal on a very nice spec – I am experiencing envy.

Although there is a fully-loaded graphite blue R with 6.5K miles on the clock on autotrader at the moment for 22K … hmmmm.

Enjoy that wait… 🙄

titusrider
    Free Member

Some of you asked for pics when it arrives:

Murray

Nice – and red or white are the best colours. I just need my current car to blow up so I’m allowed a new one.

anagallis_arvensis

That cost 30k? Christ… Anyway hope you like it.

natrix
    Free Member

That cost 30k? Christ… Anyway hope you like it.

+1

There’s no accounting for taste………. 😕

parkesie
    Free Member

He didnt spend his full 30 budget.

Smart looking motor enjoy it.

igm

VW Audi Group? Trust it won’t fall apart too fast (we’ve had a few bad experiences with my wife’s work cars. Also my boss has had a few bad experiences. All Audis rather than VWs to be fair)

anagallis_arvensis

Thats good. Nothing wrong with the car but it just looks like a Golf with odd wheels to me.

Gary_C

Make sure that the dealership fits a new number plate.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Nice car, be careful with those alloys though.

iainc

I had a red 07 one from new for about 40k miles in 2 and a bit years. The paint was very soft and the bonnet looked like someone had sprinkled white tissue paper on it, with literally dozens of stone chips through to the white undercoat 🙁

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I quite like the scirocco. I’d even have one in that full on green colour.

Golf’s are a bit lack luster atm for me.

Then again, cars just don’t do it for me in general.

bearnecessities

Nice car Titus; looks like fun!

(Where are the front fogs??!)

iolo
    Free Member

It’s nice but I feel they look a little bit bland for the money.
    I’m sure you will have great fun with it.

neilco
    Free Member

I like it. Enjoy.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Titus, is that price a lease or PCP ? Not really up on Golfs, is it 4×4, or just fwd?

titusrider
    Free Member

Bear, I think the fogs are in the ‘vanes’ in the front bumper, not 100% yet though!

Funky, its on PCP. In terms of transmission its front wheel drive with a electronically controlled, mechanical LSD. 230BHP, 258lb Ft and 1350kg. Combined mpg of 47 too!

iainc

Combined mpg of 47 too!

Hahahaha 🙂 my 07 one was quoted similarly. 40k odd real miles later and the average was about 28. Still, not too bad considering the fun it provided 🙂

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

so where do the bikes go?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@igm – very loyal VW / Audi customer here had 6 Golfs (inc Jetta), a Polo and an A6 – all trouble free (Audi owned 8 years 120,000 miles) – next car very likely to be a Golf or A3

@titus – enjoy the car and thanks for the update

jambourgie
    Free Member

What is this PCP thing? I thought it was a dissociative-drug. You mean to say that you take a loan out for a car, but the car’s still not yours after the loan is repaid? How does that work? Like a lease/rental?

retro83
    Free Member

Enjoy titus. I don’t think I could deal with the worry about kerbing those wheels! Give me a set of steelies any day

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

What is this PCP thing?

It seems to be a way for people to say they want to buy a new £30k car to end up with a car that isn’t new, doesn’t fit the original spec and is worth considerably less than £30k, but still costs £30k.
    handy way to think you’re impressing the neighbours though

bearnecessities

ChubbyBlokeInLycra – Member

so where do the bikes go?

ChubbyBlokeInLycra – Member

What is this PCP thing?

It seems to be a way for people to say they want to buy a new £30k car to end up with a car that isn’t new, doesn’t fit the original spec and is worth considerably less than £30k, but still costs £30k.
    handy way to think you’re impressing the neighbours though [/quote]

Any other ways of putting the OP down you can think of?

user-removed
    Free Member

😳

I genuinely thought he meant it drove like it was mentally high on drugs (pcp thing).

Looks good, bet it goes like it’s on PCP and wish I could afford that much car. Enjoy!

Rosss
    Free Member

Christ there are some bitter people on here..

The car looks ace, I saw a white one out on the road last week and they stand out a lot more than you’d think.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘What new car for £30k?’ is closed to new replies.