Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What multi tool you got and why?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

I had a Leatherman Charge Ti but managed to lose it, so bought a Skeletool CX as it was the pliers/knife and screwdriver parts of the Charge I used most.

Love the blade on the CX! Ridiculously sharp.

Anyone tried/got an SOG? Seem good value.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

i’ve got 2 gerbers (work issue) which are ok, however i bought myself a leatherman wave which is fantastic. I’d go for the Leatherman over the gerber anyday!

saladdodger
    Free Member

Leatherman Crunch ( mole wrench ) for me

Brilliant

Duane…
    Free Member

Haha, Ive also got a Skeletool CX (bro got it for my birthday), love it 🙂

kiwijohn

Crank Bros 17
    Skeletool (standard)

Keva
    Free Member

some Alien thing I bought about eight years ago. Why do I use it ? ’cause it hasn’t broken yet or failed to reach any awkward little bolts.

looks a bit like this one but without the chain tool

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Oh yeah, my CX is also paired with a CB 17 tool.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Bike tool – cheapo scott hex key tool thing with a small park chain splitter.

Oh – leatherman wave but I don’t tend to take it riding with me

djglover
    Free Member

the one that was free off MBUK, becasue it was free.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Park multi tool: comes in 2 halves and has lasted years…I keep the allen key half in my pocket for trail adjustments and the other half with chain splitter and spanner bits in my Camelbak. Think its now called the Park Rescue Tool.

simondbarnes

Topeak Alien that I’ve had for the last 10 years or so. Still working as well as when I first bought it and has all of the tools I need on the trail (except a T25, bikes didn’t use such things when I bought it)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Topeak thing in a pouch, because my flatmate left it behind when I moved out.
    Leatherman Juice; got it cheap where I worked, and it’s nice and small.
    Full size classic Leatherman; my friend dug it up on her allotment (cooduv been used in a murder or something, possibly).
    Park multi allen key thing; cos we had to have one each, working in a bike shop.

XC_PK
    Free Member

Charge Ti with a Park Allen Key set and a seperate Part chain tool.

Surfr
    Free Member

An ancient Leatherman PST or something, and a large Park Allenkey tool. Covers most bases and both tools fit perfectly in the 2 pockets in the front pocket of my Camelbak M.U.L.E.

AlasdairMc

Alien II and a CX, although I’m beginning to think the Alien is overkill since Powerlinks were invented. I rarely use the spanners, perhaps a separate chain tool would be lighter?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I always take a dedicated chain tool. The ones on multi tools are ok I guess, I just prefer a proper splitter. Feels cleaner. If that makes any sense?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What multi tool you got and why?’ is closed to new replies.