Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What lightish knee/shin guards – must be long?
  • FieldMarshall

I’m after some lightish knee/shin guards, that extend right down to the top of the sock/shoe.

Due to suffering with fluid on the knees, I struggle with anything that is too tight around the knee. Hence I need something that secures around the thigh above the knee, around the calf and at the base.

Plus I have found that long pads that rest on top of my sock are generally more comfortable, i.e. I dont need to have the upper closure (around the thigh) so tight.

Had some old Fox pads which were ace but they have died.

Have got some full on DH Brand X ones which are great, but they are too bulky. So looking for something lighter (could be soft shell) for general use.

Have tried Kyle Straits, MT500’s, Rampage etc type designs put they put to much pressure on my knee.

alfabus
    Free Member

My THE ones attach like that… they are a kind of sock fitting, with 2 loosh(ish) straps around the calf and one above the knee.

can’t spot them on CRC, but here they are on the THE website: http://www.the-industries.com/product/TKSG-01.html

Dave

FieldMarshall

Thanks for the link.

Look good.

How tight/stretchy is the sock part?

alfabus
    Free Member

quite stretchy, I don’t really notice them when they’re on – they just feel ‘snug’.

I’ve worn them for full days of riding in the alps with no bother. Much more comfy than the 661 race lites they replaced. Very easy to pedal, because the knee isn’t strapped down tight, it just kind of floats about (but is still in the right place if you crash; which I have done a lot!)

One downside to them is that the ‘sock’ has a circular window in the back of it, which leaves quite a comedy tan line on the back of your calf 😉

Dave

jedi

scott zero zero’s have removable shin guards! winner

JoeG
    Free Member

IXS Assault have straps 3 places; lower thigh, upper calf, lower calf. 5 sixes available IIRC. Don’t know about pressure on the knee though, you’d have to try them on.

gsp1984
    Free Member

Poc… Best by a long way.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

+1 POC Knee/Shin

Paceman
    Free Member

Troy Lee KG5450 Shock Doctor to the rescue…

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=59944

Had these for 5 months, use them every ride, can’t fault them so far.

FieldMarshall

Cheers for all the replies/suggestions.

Have gone for some IXS ones, purely on the fact that they do XL.

All other L/XL ones I have tried almost always come up too small on my carthorse legs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What lightish knee/shin guards – must be long?’ is closed to new replies.