Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sim card for trip to France.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Whats the best sim card option for a weeks biking in France? I am currently on orange here but is it worth getting a French sim card for my hols?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Err its just a week . How much calling do youmdo that requires a new sim card ……

Hell i tend to turn my phone off on holidays

ianv
    Free Member

It’s not worth it, there are no savings to be had and you will lose any unused credits. They don’t last forever in France.

nickjb
    Free Member

As above, when I looked into it they didn’t really have a good option. Some UK mobile companies have special roaming deals. It’s the data they get you on if you accidently leave something running on your smartphone.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

french mobile phone companies are my number 2 gripe with france (after the astronimical amounts of dog shit on the streets).

never have i had to spend so much, for such poor service, and ridiculous numbers of spam texts and calls.

awful.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Take that as a don’t bother then. 😯

Looking at the orange web site and I can get a deal on phone calls using my own package but they are still bloody expensive.

ianv
    Free Member

I spend a lot of time in France and I have found that a kartel card from the post office is the best option. You use it in their public phone boxes. I use the uk mobile if I am stuck and use the many free wifi points for internet. In the alps, most tourist offices offer free wifi, as do decathlon, flunch, mcdonalds and the motorway services.

PePPeR

Vodafone passport is about the only good thing about the vodafone network. My work phone is voda and it works out ok. My own phone is on 3 cheapish for phone calls but no good for data.

Vdafone passport is £2 a day for 25mb which is enough for my needs.

takisawa2

When we arrived in France I had a text or two offering different call / data packages. Didn’t seem to badly priced tbh. Not like the old days anyway. Just make sure you turn data roaming off.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sim card for trip to France.’ is closed to new replies.