Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What keep sake to get my boy for his 1st Birthday?
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

Ok peeps, coming up on my son's 1st Brithday and I'm wondering what to get him that he can hopefully keep and treasure.

Girls seems to be easier to buy for with the obvious jewellery boxes etc.
    We got my daughter a fairly plush Steiff paddington bear for her 1st bday but want to get the lil man something thats not gonna end up discarded or thrown in a drawer…..
    Anyways I fancy going for something a bit different (sports memrobilia etc)

Answers on a postcard please…… Budget wise £100-£150 tops

iDave
    Free Member

hip flask

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I got a pair of plastic football boots from my godmother for my first birthday. Nit for wearing but a sort of ornament. I still have them and they are treasured.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Leatherman Wave

grynch
    Free Member

copy of Playboy from his birth month 😉

higgo
    Free Member

Tamiflu?
    An inflatable raft?
    A jerry can and a crossbow?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

scalextric

..and keep it

maxray
    Free Member

£150 on a 1year old…

I treasure the lock of hair my mum kept from my first hair cut, the wrist band from when I was in hospital after being born and a couple of other nik naks all kept in a SMA tin from the 70s 🙂

imo you dont need to spend loads on something for it to be kept and treasured.

Each to their own though.

therealhoops
    Free Member

2nded the hipflask idea

BigJohn

When each of my kids were born I bought every newspaper and magazine the day after. They were quite tickled looking through them on their 21st birthdays, but it didn't mean as much to them as it did to me.

I'm afraid whatever you get will just be regarded as some old crap that they will get into trouble for if they lose or break it.

My mum was born on Nov 11 1925 and she has got an original poppy that was given to her on the day. They were a bit more fancy in those days and she still cherishes that.

A "pipe of port" – 48 cases of vintage port to lay down used to be a traditional 1st birthday present. Should be ready for the 21st.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Yeh I do like the hip flask idea, keep the ideas rolling guys

It may sound a bit lavish to some but i'd rather spend a bit extra money on a keeper than something he'll have grown out of in 6 months.

ElNino
    Free Member

A Rolex Submariner that can be his 21st present. Just think of the fortune you will save in the long run buying one now!

On a sensible note, things from his actual birth date will be easier to get now rather than later. Match or event programmes, newspapers or anything than can provide a snapshot of the time. I work in a school, kids can't believe some of the things I tell them and I'm only just twice their age.

druidh
    Free Member

Limit the expense to £50 and use the £100 to buy your SO a wee bit of jewellery or something .

BigJohn

Yes, Mrs BigJohn has got a fancy wedding ring made by a jeweller friend and we had another diamond added to mark the birth of our first child.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

[Scrooge mode firmly engaged]

Don't buy him anything, he won't know or care, and might not grow up to be an overly sentimental wet blouse who throws his money away on things of no practical value.

😉

pjt201
    Free Member

this years bordeaux's are supposed to be quite good so you could buy a case/bottle of first release at the moment which would be quite tasty by the time they're 21.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

I got a silver bear moneybox thing

tang
    Free Member

my daughter got a really nice wooden box with her name inlaid on the top. its one of her favorite things. guess my aunt had it made as she has an unusual name.

DrP

A tattoo.

On him.

Lasts forever.

DrP

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

£150 on a one year olds birthday? Am I in the wrong universe? He won't know or care.

Inbred456
    Free Member

This is what I would want for my Christening for example

http://www.adramintime.co.uk/

Its a great idea.There are other companies that will have a malt that will be bottled say when he's 18. :mrgreen:

steve_b77
    Free Member

How about a Ti 456 in installments, apparently they're all the bike you'd ever need

Inbred456
    Free Member

Would that be the 29er or standard.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

A paternity test?

He's one – a teddy perhaps…..

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘What keep sake to get my boy for his 1st Birthday?’ is closed to new replies.