Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • What jobs could be done voluntry, by the unemployed
  • project
    Free Member

So lets detail all the jobs that could be voluntry like, done for benefits and a few quid, that most people already have the skills for,hopefully,

Trolley collectors at the supermarket,

School crossing patrols,

Traffic wardens pay them commission,

Road sweepers,Drain cleaners,

Librarians in libraries, whats hard about handing out books,

Lifeguards, can you swim, yes youve got the job then,

Dog wardens,

Countryside rangers,

Canteen staff in schools, job for unemployed parents, and a free meal,

Child minder, nursery nurses, all the unemployed mothers could use their skills they used bringing up Damien and Mercedes.

Care assistants in OAP,s homes,feeding cleaning and bathing oldies,

Reading the news on BBC,

Mountain bike skills instructor,

PCSO, already being done by special constables,

Tour guides,free holidays,

any more.

GJP
    Free Member

Current cabinet member maybe. You don’t need to be too bright or have many skills to devise the sort of policies we have seen from this sham of a Government in the last few weeks

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Anything in banking?
    after all the banking sector represents the worst case of free hand outs to scroungers.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Any job that an employer deems appropriate to the skills an individual has to offer.

This could open up a whole new market for them – free labour!

All they would need to do is lay off a couple of full time staff and they’ll up their margins!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Internet trolls?

All forums seem to need them. It doesn’t seem you need to have any real skills.

Infact if someone came on here once a week and explained how they were being paid to sit on their arse, at home, eating the wrong sauce combination in their sandwich, posted the occasional picture of their uncut lawn… they’d save many forum users a lot of time and we could get on with our actual jobs?

nickjb
    Free Member

Internet grammar and spelling checker

kimbers

well most libraries are under spending cuts pressure and a lot are considering asking workers to go voluntary as art of the big society(well our councils doing it)

nickc

The Queen. Prime minister, any cabinet office, banking…It’s not like any of them need any qualifications…

iDave
    Free Member

Is the assumption that all unemployed are a bit thick and only suited to low grade/manual jobs?

loddrik
    Free Member

Replacing the entire Tory government. Being that most of the cabinet are multi millionaires, they need the work more and will likely be far more in touch with wider society than the loathsome upper class twit public schoolboys who are now and have always aspired to be a Tory cabinet minister!!!

Cougar

Is the assumption that all unemployed are a bit thick and only suited to low grade/manual jobs?

That was certainly the assumption made by my local Job Centre last time I had the misfortune to frequent it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iDave – you forgot to add ‘good for nothing scoungers’ 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

At least I’d live in the cleanest city on earth…

noteeth
    Free Member

Butchered bakers, deaf and dumb waiters
    Marble Arch criminals and clause 28’ers
    Authers, authors, plastered outcasts
    Locked up daughter, rock and roll stars

Tories in power, Christmas bonus season is nearly ‘pon us, The Grauniad is hailing the return of maaasssive squat raves – we have gone full-circle.

Only question is, what shall I wear this time? Are we due a Joe Bloggs revival?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Voluntary countryside trail repairs – that’s what I’ll be doing if I get the chop.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Trolling I assume – this is a difficult job that only suits people with eh right temperament.

Swelper
    Free Member

RNLI crew, great experience well worth the commitment. Only if you live near the sea obviously. I did it for 5 years

Regret moving inland……

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Countryside ranger – go on then. Give it your best shot.

Kuco

Well the way the government cutting back i’d say doctors, nurses, police, fire, admin…

jordie
    Free Member

picking rubbish to start with the roads are full of crap.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m a desk jockey who spends half his day staring out the window at the wind blowing the trees, just longing to be out there. I’d have no problem doing outdoor physical labour. OK my body will hurt for a bit, but I’d toughen up.

My main concern is that it would detract from my efforts to get paid work. My secondary concern is that I might end up working with criminals doing community service. Finally, I worry is that some employers would take this “free” labour as a reason not to employ people.

Philby

They wouldn’t be voluntary jobs!!! Voluntary jobs are where an individual offers their time / expertise / services to an organisation without payment and without any enforcement or coercion.

Community Service is a better term, but still doesn’t imply the coercive nature of this latest Condem initiative.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Grave diggers, then we won’t have bodies stacked like firewood when the local authorities get rid of the paid ones.

br
    Free Member

Based upon how difficult sometimes it is, to get people to actually just do their bloody paid jobs…

But back to post – I’m struggling to see how these jobs will be for anyone else but local government, otherwise it would be a ‘paid’ job. I guess though that some of the more ‘enterprising’ councils will just get rid of, for example, all their paid street cleaners – and take the ‘unpaid’ ones.

But the more I think about it, just imagine the profit a private company could make with this ‘unpaid’ labour!

wwaswas

So lets detail all the jobs that could be voluntry like, done for benefits and a few quid, that most people already have the skills for,hopefully,

Isn’t the biggest problem that everything you list probably has someone doign that job already who’s being paid to do it?

We’d be better finding things for people to do that aren’t going to increase unemployment by making people already doing them redundant.

My question would be;

“What work needs doing in the community that isn’t being done currently?”

Onzadog
    Free Member

Traffic warden? Really? I promise you, there’s a lot more to that job than meets the eye, even if it is fairly low paid.

And by traffic warden, I assume we’re talking about civil enforcement officers.

yunki
    Free Member

My question would be;

“What work needs doing in the community that isn’t being done currently?”

I noticed the other day.. in my town’s pubs at least.. that there is a distinct lack of hardcore daytime drinking happening.. this must be partly due to the recession and the smoking ban.. and must have a terrible knock on effect for the brewing industry and consequently the governments tax coffers..

there are definitely some bar fly positions that need filling.. round here anyway..

maybe the government could introduce a fair sized drinking allowance..?

wwaswas

I think day time drinking has just gone underground – it still happens it’s just in peoples homes so they can watch Trish and Jeremy Kyle.

Can I suggest getting people to patrol my local woods picking up all the dog poo lurking under Autumn leaves?

yunki
    Free Member

I think day time drinking has just gone underground – it still happens it’s just in peoples homes so they can watch Trish and Jeremy Kyle post on internet forums.

donsimon
    Free Member

English teachers, but that’s already been mentioned.

You haven’t really thought this one through, have you?

Why not send all the people who you consider stupid enough to do the jobs you mentioned to college or uni. Instant reduction in unemployment, better educated population. The only ones left collecting unemployment benefit would be those who already have a decent education, and they’ll be smart enough to conjure up a job where non currently exist. Everyone wins.

mogrim

Replacing the entire Tory government. Being that most of the cabinet are multi millionaires, they need the work more and will likely be far more in touch with wider society than the loathsome upper class twit public schoolboys who are now and have always aspired to be a Tory cabinet minister!!!

Not sure how an unemployed miner (for example) is any more representative of the rest of the population, either.

wwaswas

an unemployed miner

It’s interesting this describing somebody as an unemployed ‘X’. It gives the impression they can only find future employment as an ‘X’ or that somehow their previous employment as ‘X’ makes you more deserving of either sympathy or status.

I’d be interested how many people are blinkered into looking for employment only in certain areas by seeing themselves as only being able to do job ‘X’?

elaineanne
    Free Member

gardening for the local community
    litter picking
    painting (over vandelism stuff
    shopping for the elderly

willard

Mixed recyclables separators.
    Roadside litter pickers.
    Elderly people carers (supervised of course)

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Trail Building surely?

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Stop testing on Animals and test on Life Prisoners instead! 😈

mogrim

It’s interesting this describing somebody as an unemployed ‘X’. It gives the impression they can only find future employment as an ‘X’ or that somehow their previous employment as ‘X’ makes you more deserving of either sympathy or status.

I’d be interested how many people are blinkered into looking for employment only in certain areas by seeing themselves as only being able to do job ‘X’?

My point was that an ex-miner is no more representative of the general population than a public schoolboy, no more no less!

To answer your statement, I’d say yes – an unemployed miner has more status than an unemployed shelf-stacker, the former is probably due to the death of an industry, while the latter may well be due to personal fault. As to whether or not they see themselves as only able to do job ‘X’, that’s probably true, though it’s not unreasonable. If I were to lose my job tomorrow I’d be looking for more work in IT, it’s what I know, it’s where my experience is, and I’d almost certainly (at least initially) ignore any other kind of work.

mogrim

Trolley collectors at the supermarket,

School crossing patrols,

Traffic wardens pay them commission,

Road sweepers,Drain cleaners,

Lifeguards, can you swim, yes youve got the job then,

Dog wardens,

Countryside rangers,

Canteen staff in schools, job for unemployed parents, and a free meal,

Child minder, nursery nurses, all the unemployed mothers could use their skills they used bringing up Damien and Mercedes.

Reading the news on BBC,

Mountain bike skills instructor,

PCSO, already being done by special constables,

Tour guides,free holidays,

Of all that lot, the only ones that require little or no skills are road sweeping, trolley collecting, and (perhaps) school crossing patrols.

Lifer
    Free Member

@ Willard

Mixed recyclables separators – already people employed in this, what about them? Make them unemployed and do their old jobs for a pittance?

Roadside litter pickers – working alongside offenders on community service will really help the unemployed feel better about themselves, won’t it?

Elderly people carers (supervised of course) – again already people employed in this area.

project
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Trolling I assume – this is a difficult job that only suits people with eh right temperament.[/u]

Posted 13 hours ago # Report-Post

So very true TJ, just included it for a responce,sadly a lot of people on the outside think thats all it involves also thats the standard of some so called carers and their managers i have met and argued with.

Its a very difficult underpaid job,well worth a lot more money for the staff.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘What jobs could be done voluntry, by the unemployed’ is closed to new replies.