Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • What is the point of 330ml beer bottles?
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member

They're gone in a couple of gulps
    They get warm too quickly
    They're not stable
    They're ridiculously expensive when you're in a pub
    They're outrageously expensive when you're in a club
    They're barely more than half a pint

Ban em!

ton

a mouthfull for me, i like em…………….in 20's

jon1973
    Free Member

I wouldn't buy a bottle of beer in a pub anyway. I likes mi pints.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

'they get warm too quickly'

So what size are you suggesting? you haven't thought this throught properly have you?

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Beer for women who bought into the lad thing.

porterclough
    Free Member

You're lucky to get a 330ml bottle in city centre pubs these days, I've noticed a disturbing trend toward 275ml…

john_drummer
    Free Member

ah but 275 is fairly close to half a pint

tazzymtb

What is the point of 330ml beer bottles?

to hold 330mls of beer! they'd be sh*t holding for jam or marmalade as you couldn't get a knife in, so really they are very good at what they do.

what you should have asked is "what is the point of serivng 330mls of beer in a bottle when I would really like a pint?" 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

I wouldn't buy a bottle of beer in a pub anyway. I likes mi pints.

Exactly. Nice (several) pint(s) of something nice straight from the barrel. Bottled beer is for buying in off licences and supermarkets and quaffing at home after several pints of draught in said pub.

WTF
    Free Member

I noticed that a lot of beer previously sold in 330ml are now 300ml.
    Only 30ml but it does make a difference to taste/temp etc.
    Plus you need to drink more.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Eve – no I've drunk this through thoroughly

A nice 660ml bottle of something cold, will stay lovely and cold throughout.
    Nurse your 330ml bottle for a while and it gets tepid towards the end. The mere idea of 275ml is an insult.

I'm saying 500ml minimum. That's real ale size, also those foreign beers.

I've got a mate who drinks mainly milk. But he keeps 275ml baby buds for guests. I don't know which is funniest

sc-xc

They're gone in a couple of gulps

Great – that means they don't get warm!

They get warm too quickly

Oh…. 😕

ooOOoo
    Free Member

The surface-area-to-volume ratio also called the surface-to-volume ratio and variously denoted sa/vol or SA:V, is the amount of surface area per unit volume of an object or collection of objects.

For a given shape, SA:V decreases linearly with increasing size.

High surface area to volume ratio provides a strong "driving force" to speed up thermodynamic processes that minimize thermodynamic free energy.

ha!
    whose *hic* the most pedantic now?!

Nico
    Free Member

LOL at "drunk this through thoroughly"

andrewh
    Free Member

LOL at "drunk this through thoroughly"

He's not nearly as think as you drunk he is.

Padowan
    Free Member

Don't you mean "What's the point of the beer that they sell in 330ml bottles?"

Stop drinking lager and get onto real ale, you can't get that in 330ml bottles. Problem solved!

odannyboy
    Free Member

Never mind 330 or 300ml there all going to 275 in the supermarkets! and what happend to 24 bottle crates/boxes?there long gone.then it was 18 and now there all going to 15!! 15 why? if it aint broke dont fix it?
    soon youll be going to a party and instead of saying "shall i get a crate of beers" it will be how many crates do we need?
    youll soon be walking around carrying more glass than liquid!!!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Stop drinking lager and get onto real ale, you can't get that in 330ml bottles. Problem solved!

http://www.innisandgunn.com/index.htm

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

there's a disturbing trend towards serving proper ale in smaller bottles as well

ahwiles
    Free Member

lovely stuff.

and at 10%, i'm glad it doesn't come in pints, 3 of these and it's definitely bed time…

Mister-P
    Free Member

The point is they make the seller more money I would imagine.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

http://www.innisandgunn.com/index.htm

Real ale FAIL.

I&G is vile pish.

40mpg

Drink cider and … you wont give a sh*t

Its probably driven by the fact that beers are getting stronger, so you still get the same amount of violence / antisocial behaviour but in a smaller package. Thats modern thinking for you, that is.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don't like beer but I could probably choke down 330ml if I was thirsty…

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Not too sure about the gets warm too quickly in all situation.

If your in a nice warm pub fair enough. But what happens if you somehow end up getting to the club/bar early and they've got the air condition wacked fully up but theres no one there. Its freezing ! Then your'll be gald of only have 330ml bottle. Rather than a frost bite inducing pint.

IdleJon

What's the point of 330ml bottles?

Surely the point is that the supermarkets can trumpet that they are selling 12 x lagerbrandA at a ridiculously low price.

When you then check why the price is so low, you realise that it's because you are getting more glass than beer.

atlaz
    Free Member

What a lot of booze companies are doing these days is selling a "large" pack of beer at the same price as they always did but then lowering the amount in the pack or lowering the volume of liquid in each bottle. Crafty buggers.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Windscreen wash is cheaper and just as effective.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Thats only crafty if you happen to be deaf, blind, illiterate and stupid. Though I imagine if you happen to be deaf, blind, illiterate and stupid most things appear to be crafty.

<568ml, just say no.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘What is the point of 330ml beer bottles?’ is closed to new replies.