Viewing 40 posts - 3,841 through 3,880 (of 4,408 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • Sandwich

Fresh cakes

Got my patissier on again today. Mango, ginger and lime tart on the left, raspberry, ricotta and hazelnut cake on the right.

qwerty
    Free Member

Using a hand loom I’ve just woven some woollen thread into a weave that I’ve turned into a cushion. It’s yellow, orange, brown & grey. Very 70’s. I have pictures but no idea how to post then here these days. It looks great on our sofa.

kayak23

I have pictures but no idea how to post them

Posting images on Singletrack forum using Postimage

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Scrap my last post. I decided to add a yacht sailing into the golden sunset.

“Seeking Gold”

timba
    Free Member

The design I came up with took the profile of the actual river nearby (with a little artistic license)

I’m lichen that

I hate moss now

Anyone else misread that? Super model by the way

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I was wondering what the racing driver had done to upset him. Different cultural reference points I guess

timba
    Free Member

A Stirling job?

sirromj

Some parallettes for extended range of shoulder motion at the bottom of push ups (apparently good for bike riders) and various other bodyweight exercises.

IMG-20220808-160900

When it came to fitting the bars – 35mm dowel – it was a snug fit into the 35mm holes, I took the rasp to the leading edge lightly. The first end went in smoothly with some persuasion from the wooden mallet, but the other end I was too heavy handed with and split the wood. Doesn’t impact their function though. Theres a couple more pictures over on instagram.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

My 5 year old granddaughter asked if we had fairies living in our garden…

I explained that we used to but that the grey squirrels had ransacked their house and murdered them all

fasthaggis

That made me laugh WCA #cruelgrandpa 🙂

jam-bo

99% finished. Just waiting for the hinges for the top corner. Not sure about the edge pulls, might try and find some nicer ones.

Cupboard

Cupboard

WEJ

Sign made with on a scrap piece of Ash, Espresso Martini with Coffi Eryri Indonesia Decaf, Derw Coldbrew Coffee Liqueur and Smirnoff Vodka.
    Coffi Eryri

dyna-ti

Excellent use of space @Jam-bo.

But wheres the hoover going to live now ?

timba
    Free Member

Not sure about the edge pulls, might try and find some nicer ones

Neat piece of work. Bit of a pain for the bottom drawer, but would the pulls look better on the bottom edge of each drawer, including the triangular ones?

thenorthwind

Nice @jam-bo. Have you got any photos to show how you did the inside please? I’m planning to do something very similar with ours, but bigger drawers for things like the Hoover. Sick of the unstable pile of crap under there at the moment.

nixie

Drawers/doors looks great. Is there something interesting going on with the bannisters as well?

Instead of pulls could you fit a touch to open mechanism? You know the type where a slight push and the drawer/door corner pops out a short way.

jam-bo

Not a square surfAce in sight so built a frame inside to work off. Pocket hole jig was invaluable.

No banisters.

colp

Great work Jam-bo!

I’ll have to get one of those jigs

thenorthwind

Nice one thanks. Really neat. Yeah, I was wondering if this and another similar project I have in mind would justify the purchase of a pocket hole jig (and/or a biscuit jointer).

kayak23

Looks dope jam-bo 👌

jam-bo

Pull handles are fairly cheap and nasty from ikea. I just needed something to mean I actually put the fronts on and finished. It’s only taken me 18 months from start to finish…

squirrelking
    Free Member

That’s some good Kreg work. Only used mine for framework but have a few projects in mind. Tempted to buy the big lumber adaptor.

jam-bo

I had considered routing some handles into the top edges, but I think its beyond my skill/toolset.

BigJohn

I was astonished at the price of some handle router bits. I bought a cheapie and have been really pleased with the results. Yes, it needed a bit of trial and error to set it up just right but once done it was faultless. And made several uniform handles for 6 drawers and doors.
    I do have a table router though, I’m not sure I’d be so keen with a hand-held.

jam-bo

yeah, I’ve only got a palm/edge router. not in the mood for investing in anything bigger.

kiwijohn

I was sick of lugging my table saw around, so whipped up a mobile stand.

1q

First time making drawers as well. Not perfect, but good enough for this.

12q

Clad in french oak staves used to flavour tank made wine. They’ll usually get thrown out afterwards. Need a bit of clean up with the plane to get them smooth.
    Bigger ones are less prone to warping & are good for gift boxes like the one I made a few pages back.

andykirk
    Free Member

Wow Jambo great job!

If it was me I’d remove all the finger pulls and drill some strategically placed biggish holes in the fronts so you can simply pull the flaps open. These don’t all have to go dead centre, you could have some fun with placement/ alignment.

Alternatively you could drill some holes and buy some recessed plastic discs with lips in dark grey (blue?) to match the stair stringer.

Because you have made everything so ‘flush’ on the vertical plane I don’t think this arrangement suits any type of sticky out handles/ knobs.

Makes me feel dead lazy going through threads like this…

fettling
    Free Member

OK it’s not something I’ve just made. Taken me a year to get to this stage. But as there’s some photography geeks on here I thought you might be interested.
    New Camera

joshvegas
    Free Member

AS an olympus pen owner i reckon i know what they are. but obviously more going on!

dovebiker

MiniMe

I’ve just built a MiniMe shed in the garden – home for a static bike, plus will be my bike workshop. Is a Tuin 3m x 2m log cabin but had to build the concrete plinth and then a day of attaching big steel brackets to attach it firmly to the concrete as we’re quite exposed, regularly see 50mph+ winds. Fitted a corrugated steel roof to match the house. Still have the electricals, workbench, cupboards and shelving to install.

Dome

Earlier this summer, built this 4m diameter geodesic dome greenhouse. The hub kit came from buildwithhubs.co.uk – online calculator tells you the sizes you need for the struts based on exterior dimensions. Struts are tree-stakes and the cover is polytunnel sheeting. Hardest part was making 10-sided shuttering for the concrete base. Total cost £600 – a third was the concrete base.

ads678

Re Jambo’s handles, personally I’d lose all the handles and put those push thingy’s on the inside.

dovebiker

Jam-Bo – if you want some magnetic push latches I can send you some for the price of postage – I bought a job lot to do all the cupboards upstairs in my house – turned out I only needed half the quantity. You push the door in and it springs out

kayak23

5m wide moss panel with a neon sign(not by me) for a gaming company near me.

j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

@jam-bo nice work. Out of interest, what type of saws do you need for this job?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Finally, a humane use for broccoli

kayak23

😂

DrP

Here’s some midway-through photos, but my lad has outgrown his current bike (27.5 wheels) so I got a new frame for him (99 quid CRC jobbie, that got pretty good reviews.. Brand-x frame)..

I tried stripping with synstrip, but was too faffy so paid a sand blaster!
    Colours, the boy’s own!

Stripped

Primed

Painting

Colour No.2!

Frame gloss

One more coat of gloss to do tonight, then we can buld it up!
    Got him a new oval (legend!) chainring too…

DrP

BoardinBob

I turned this

Into this

Got to play with a mini digger for a few days

2 lots of this excavated and collected by a grab lorry. Over 40 tons

Because of the massive slope in the garden I had to build up some retaining walls using wooden sleepers and build a slightly elevated “terrace”

Fake (dog proof) grass down!

Slabs and chips down in the other areas

Nearly finished

Borders are now full of plants, flowers and trees with more to come in spring

Barring a mate helping me by driving a power barrow for a few days while we dug the garden out, every single thing was done by me alone. 6 weeks of slog at weekends and after work.

somafunk

Fake grass…..Why?

BoardinBob

Fake grass…..Why?

Very wet clay soil and a dog

In an ideal world I’d have had a lawn like the 12th at Augusta. In reality it was more like The Somme in 1916

Viewing 40 posts - 3,841 through 3,880 (of 4,408 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.