Viewing 40 posts - 2,601 through 2,640 (of 4,417 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • CountZero

As my wallet isn’t designed to carry more than a few cards, paper cash and other flat bits and pieces, I need a small pouch for loose cash. I’ve had a small drawstring leather pouch for a few years, made from three bits of thin leather stitched together, but I thought it might be fun to make one out of a single piece.
    I was at the Knives ‘19 show last weekend, there’s a stand that does all sorts of leather goods for making sheaths, etc, and they gave me a square piece of undyed 2mm leather that had a faint imprint on it.
    A bit of working out with a small bowl, paper and scissors, and a small piece of blackthorn I had kicking around for a toggle, and I ended up with this:

tjagain

Couple of pics of my wee flat I rent out. I have posted pics before but not in its completed state. I am very chuffed with this. 6 months work, £10 000 and a full refurb to high standards meeting all regs for rentals
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2gt6Yk6]DSC_1169[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2gt6Ynv]DSC_1168[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2gt6Yp4]DSC_1167[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

croe
    Free Member

Looks good tj

BigJohn

Very nice. I hope you get tenants who value it as highly as you.

Not said in a snide fashion: we have 3 lovely tenants in our 3 houses because we did them out nicely and stress to them that “although it’s our house it’s your home, so if you want to put pictures up etc., go ahead”. It’s worked well so far.

tjagain

Thats pretty much what we do Bigjohn – we do live next door which helps

bearnecessities

CountZero is Robin of Locksley and I claim my five shillings.

CountZero

CountZero is Robin of Locksley and I claim my five shillings.

Nah, I gave up on using a bow when I left school!
    I just need something to carry loose change in, wallet can’t, various cloth sunglasses bags have worn through, had a little leather bag for a few years made from three pieces stitched together, just fancied seeing if I could make something quickly out of a single piece of leather. Total cost, zero, leather was free, had some blackthorn, took about an hour and a half.

kayak23

Knocked myself up a fancy new cutting stroke storage bench.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzsmcsegnMW/?igshid=zl1d8msvynhj

fasthaggis

Nice,I like the handles.

AlexSimon

Haven’t checked in for a while – some great things posted. Absolutely love this thread!

bikesandboats
    Free Member

Posted this on bearbones but thought it would fit here too.

basically needed a mount to attach my dynamo light to the front of a truss fork, I wasn’t keen to mount it on the bars as it’ll get in the way of bar bags and generally make it less tidy. No mounts available that I could find so I made one myself out of an old crank arm.
    20190704-172425

Firstly did some sawing
    20190704-173825” alt=”” />

Then some drilling
    20190704-211911” alt=”” />

Then some drilling, tapping, sawing, filing and sanding and it seems to work! much more solid than it needs to be so maybe I’ll trim some metal off or drill some weight saving holes in it. Quite happy with the result anyway

stu170
    Free Member
    bigdean

Stu nice work.
    Would you be able to drill a hole in the plate and weld the loops from the back?, plug weld effectivly. For me welding seems to take ages to get right, have tried tig and went through gas quicker than filler rod (i was doing it wrong😁).

cokie

@bikesandboats that looks great! Nice job.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I made a crane

So that I could plant some posts

So that I could make a carport

wasn’t actually finished when I took that pic, but hopefully you get the idea.

mick_r

Nice truckport. But I’m even more envious of the workshop big enough to fit a T244 AND work alongside it! Happy apprentice memories from developing / building those things at Leyland in the very early ’90s.

stu170
    Free Member

Bigdean, to be honest I wish I’d have punched through the plate and rivetted from the back and not done any weld. I’ve experimented with plug welding in the past, with not much success but that was much thinner stuff and I agree a plug would have worked a treat.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all that

sirromj

Hoping to post a pic of a Raspberry Pi case at some point. So far I’ve done an internet search and seen all the standard offerings, and the non-standard offerings, and everything in between. Need the imagination to kick in. Thinking perhaps using old bike parts and/or reclaimed pallets. Maybe nick some bits from my Dad’s shed when I next visit. Found a really nice looking offcut from a former reclaimed pallet in the man-cupboard at the end of the hall, yesterday. Not even got a half baked idea yet. Time helps too.

JustAnotherLogin
    Free Member

I’ve made a feeding station for a hedgehog out of scrap bits.

Hedgehog Feeding Station

Seems to have been appreciated by the local hog. The neighbours cat is a bit annoyed about it all though.

Well fed hog

tjagain

Kayak – thats really nice.

tjagain

Just another – pics not showing for me

JustAnotherLogin
    Free Member

D”oh. Anyone know how do I link from a drop box photo? I’ve share it publicly so though getting the source url would work. Seems not.

JustAnotherLogin
    Free Member

null

Hog

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

It’s amazing to see what people are capable of. The quality on this thread is high indeed.
    My humble offerings are these I made recently, as my boss is off for a few weeks with a knackered finger.
    hubs
    hubs
    (that took three goes to publish)
    Anyway, these are for a late 30s Dawes Efficiency Tourist.
    3 piece 6082 T6, 36 hole, 90mm OLD front, 110mm OLD rear with an ISO disc cog fitting, double bearings on drive side

cobrakai

I miss driving DAF 4 tonners.

kayak23

Those hubs are amazing bruise.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Thank you @kayak23 I would have preferred to use a thread-on cog, but I can’t seem to turn a thread that precisely with my lathe. I’d like to make a rear screw-on freewheel eccentric SSMTB hub, similar to the WI ENO.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Why can’t I see the hubs, have I been naughty? I love a hub..

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I’ve got no idea. It’s probably something to do with the BBcode from Imgur.

Murray

Daughter number 2 carved a spoon with her Mora knife from a bit of wood we picked up in Lotts Wood

croe
    Free Member

^I’m sure I still have the first spoon I carved 30ish years ago – and I was probably about the same age wise!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Those black lugs tho 👍🏼

Mowgli
    Free Member

Slightly cheating as I didn’t actually do the making of these templates, but I will be using them to make something over the next few months/year. Can you guess what? Very nice CNC work from Chop Shop in Sheffield:

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Canoe?

finbar
    Free Member

Life size model whale/t-rex?

Mowgli
    Free Member

Canoe?

Nearly – sea kayak!

blacklabbikes
    Free Member

Working on a bilaminate headtube today
    bilam

Viewing 40 posts - 2,601 through 2,640 (of 4,417 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.