Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • What is HOPE to you?
  • thegman67

Have their qrs,vision 4 lights,hubs and seat clamp found them all to be bomb proof

hambl90
    Free Member

Tech x2’s running nice and quiet, though a bit underpowered, 1st class customer service.

Wozza
    Free Member

I’m sorry to say disappointing, I want them to be great, they look top quality and the British thing appeals, I know there tech support is great but everything i’ve tried get shown up by Shimano.

In my opinion/experience Hope brakes and hubs aren’t a patch on Shimano and when it’s my hard earned cash going on the counter i’m sorry to say i’ll always chose Shimano.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Been using Hope hubs since 96 – my current wheels are using 8 year old hubs – still as good as new. My Hope headset is 3 years old and never needed any attention. My Vision 4 has just about done 4 winters……mustn’t grumble! I’ve given up on their brakes for the time being though. After using Minis/M4/Monos for 8 years, I finally gave up and went to Shimanos, followed by Formulas. But I wouldn’t rule out going back to Hope.

br
    Free Member

and at least I know that practically every pound I pay goes to British workers; not British middlemen/importers, foreign middlemen/exporters and factory workers gawdknowswhere – nevermind various bankers of all hues

Kuco

Shit brakes (may have changed since I last used them) brilliant hubs that are reasonably priced and easy to self service.

shmoo
    Free Member

hope hubs in my experience are the best, still using a pair of hope sport hubs – still going strong after 10 years and a fatso hub after 12 years (and only changed the bearings once) brilliant, and still the best sounding freehubs on the market

backhander
    Free Member

Solid, dependable kit IME.
    Good value, shiney and british.
    I also like the owners business philosophy

shortcut

Nice hubs – shame about the alloy freehub.

Good serviceable brakes.

Not convinced by headsets.

Seat clamp is poor (alloy bolt prone to snap)

Qrs a bit poor.

Other stuff probably fine.

firestarter
    Free Member

great gear looks and performance. Price is good and so is aftersales, I’ve got seat collars, bb lights and three sets of brakes and three sets of hubs all great.

Northwind

It’s really unfair, but the first thing that comes to mind is badly designed maxle axles in the Pro 2, which they’ll replace and replace under warranty but not improve the design of.

But other’n that, excellent choice for wheels. Deeply uncompetitive outdated lights that still get recommended for reasons unknown. Excellent QR seatclamps. Brakes that cost as much for one end as a complete Formula set that outperforms them. But good parts availability should you need it Fantastic warranty.

Couldn’t care less about “made in britain” except when it brings genuine advantages not just price hikes, which IMO it does so that’s all good.

Kuco

Seat clamp is poor (alloy bolt prone to snap)

Yep forgot about that also had one of their first headsets that was utter crap as well 🙁

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Only bit of Hope I own means regular purchases of pawl springs for my Pro III hub. Otherwise nice click click click that makes my bell almost redundant! Look nice too.

pastcaring
    Free Member

i wouldn’t touch their brakes with yours! didn’t think much of their customer service either.

things may of changed since i last used them (2003) but once bitten…

tk46hal
    Free Member

Great gear, but getting very pricey!

Goz
    Free Member

Stems, Q/R, hubs, h/sets, brakes, lights,bb,wheel sets,all excellent never had any problems, have been using hubs since 94….no breakages, wouldnt use anything else.

PTR
    Free Member

If it’ not fitted with Hope, I don’t want to ride it…

takisawa2

Thomson should send some CNC setters round to show them how its done. 🙂

Northwind

Anyone else think Hope have some of the CNC programs designed to leave milling marks on the finished part, so that people go “Oooh, look, you can tell it’s machined because of the little circles” 😆

montylikesbeer

its bourn near me, like other ace stuff, single track, brant, orange, troutie, on one……………….need I say any more

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Fur coat, nae knickers.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Great sounding hubs & awesome m4 stopping power, smooth headsets and bottom brackets…… And best of all ….shiny redness.

(only the qr’s are questionable IMHO)

stu1972
    Free Member

Expensive

votchy
    Free Member

In the words of Tina Turner – ‘Simply the best’, hubs, brakes, headsets, BB’s, QR’s seat clamps – no issues with any of them

Brainflex

Quality

hillsplease

Uk built quality.

Liking hubs (since 99), QRs and headsets, the issues I had with the brakes seem to be common to all types.

Not sure why you’d use other hubs. Nicely user serviceable, cheap tools, great warranty and ‘how to’ videos.

Where can you get that funky blue grease? That’s the troubling thing.

geetee1972
    Free Member

A triumph of marketing over function, which is ironic really.

Heavy components that don’t work as well as they should do, especially their brakes, which are frankly so poor that the difference between their best brake and the best brake on the market, is the same as the difference between the best v-brakes had to offer and an average disc brake.

Their parts availability is however exellent, but then it needs to be….

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Great customer service!

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Hope

Marketing success story
    Triumph of style over substance
    Excellent customer service

shmuk
    Free Member

I can almost hear myself drilling over the click-click-click of their freehubs

LoCo
    Free Member

Rebuildable kit, with good customer service and parts supply, only issues I’ve had is rear hub pawls (XC and pro II hubs) but this was about every 2 years so that’s fine and one of the old headsets that lasted 18 months again that’s fine.
    Still run hope hubs and may get more brakes as my monos and M4’s of various ages never gave any trouble being rebuilt every 18 months/ years.
    I’m pretty picky and will rebuild stuff on a fairly regular basis so I don’t think servicing brake sets every two years (seals e.t.c is too bad) It’s what I’d do on my motorcycles so why not the bike.

The next posh build will have king hubs on and I only use king headset now too, but that’s just because it’ll be an advert for the company unless I can get green hope stuf that is 😉 😀 probably not though.

xiphon
    Free Member

Good well designed British Engineering.

Currently own: 2 rear Bulbs (cliiiiick), 2 front Bulbs, 4 pairs of 2-part M4s, 6-Ti caliper, QR collars, and 3 headsets.

Excellent customer service, and reliable kit.

Junkyard
    Free Member

hub is way to loud not upgraded past XC as I am not listening to that noise
    Rest of stuff is spot on

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

IME very reliable (hubs, headset, brakes), work well, love the fact that everything is easily servicable/rebuildable, and great support. Also look the dogs danglers and love the colour options. The fact that they are British is a bonus rather that a reason to buy.

My only slight disappointment is the Tech X2 brakes. They are good, but don’t have the significant extra power advantage over the Mono Minis that I was expecting

MrNutt
    Free Member

happy happy whhhhhiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ac282

Shiny green anodising. Big camper van. Paul Oldham riding very fast.
    Brakes are rebuildable but don’t actually work as well as shimano.

skiboy
    Free Member

Hope to me are the guys who phoned me at work quite unexpectedly after i had asked them by email how to rebuild a tech lever, (my work email hence containing my work no.s),

fantastic customer service unequalled anywhere imo,

as an engineer who runs a large cnc machineshop for a livivng i was most impressed with the thought that had gone into manufacture of the tech lever, well thought out and executed in a precise manner by using a 5 axis mill if I’m not mistaken, which to me shows a high level of investment in machinery and a very high level of skill,

2 of my bikes run hope brakes M4 and V2, and headsets, 1 runs hubs and seat clamp too, would be more than happy to buy more from them, and i love the racket of the rear hub,

proud of them as a british company, well done men, carry on

jenbe
    Free Member

total JUNK!!!

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Qrs bloody dangerous, checked the front one half way down Inners one day and it was good and tight, was loose at the car park 😯 Seatpost clamp an utter friggin nightmare in anything other than dry conditions. Pretty, but pretty useless.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Quality products and good customer service.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘What is HOPE to you?’ is closed to new replies.