Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What hip flask and tipple for Swinley Forest Forum Ride?
  • cinnamon_girl

OK, it’s gonna be cold, very cold so I need to be prepared don’t I?

I normally drink after a ride (and only a little cos I’m a lightweight) but I think perhaps I need to change my habits.

So … what would you recommend, bearing in mind I’m a rubbish rider when sober, so nothing too overpowering otherwise I might get louder/fall off even more/collapse on the singletrack!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I think you best read this C_G :

Effects of Alcohol in the Cold

🙄

rOcKeTdOg

sloe gin

at home 😐

cinnamon_girl

gus – some folk might be pleased if I went into a coma!! Stop me cluttering up the forum!!

peteimpreza

I plan to have two options. Isle of Jura in one flask and Sloe Gin in the other.

cinnamon_girl

Two flasks Pete? Gosh!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

********** FREE SLOE GIN *******************

** TO ANYONE WHO BUYS BIG BIKE BASH TICKETS **

I will bring 2 litres of my finest Sloe Gin, a laptop and phone for modem. Buy your tickets there

rOcKeTdOg

sales not going well then WCA?

auricgoldfinger

Depends whether I finish off the port tonight or not! Otherwise a drop of malt will do (I’ll pop it in the handy little hip flask that came out of my Christmas cracker!). Let’s hope the weather stays like today for next weekend to justify it-shall be heading out from Crowthorne tomorrow just to make sure the trails are still good. You know, just in case…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sales going great mate!

Just want more friends than strangers!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

PS A Stranger is just a friend who you haven’t pissed off yet

rOcKeTdOg

i only ask as giving away sloe gin would be my very very last resort!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I made 16 litres of sloe gin in 2006 by mistake

cinnamon_girl

WCA – you’re a real trooper!

Got my ticket, booked the chalet, just gotta sort out the party afterwards 8)

auric – trails were good today, very fast! Be careful around the centre, couldn’t believe how many stupid people were around on the mtb red route. I made them exercise though 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sod the party afterwards. The whole weekend is a party. That’s the point of it!!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I made 16 litres of sloe gin in 2006 by mistake

How did you manage to drop 16lb of sloes & 8lb of castor sugar into 16 litres of gin by “mistake” ?

😯

rOcKeTdOg

i have a luxury caravan booked for the BBB, it’s well away from you rabble…… in Wimbourne 🙂

aleigh
    Free Member

he loves his sloe gin 😉

auricgoldfinger

C_G in that case I’ll lay off the port for now-wouldn’t want any unnecessary port-induced offs tomorrow before next weekend!

cinnamon_girl

auricgoldfinger – I ain’t no party-pooper! Do what I do when at Swinley – adopt the attack position and aim for the parents and their offspring – see how quick they scatter! Mind the dogs though!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What hip flask and tipple for Swinley Forest Forum Ride?’ is closed to new replies.