Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • What happened to SFB?
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Haven’t seen them on here in a while.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

he didn’t get the photographer nomination and left in a huff 😉

ton

he got fed up with all the shit threads and bickering………..go figure.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I cannot fathom how some STWers can cope in “real life” when a few upsets / nasty tags / whatever, on here cause them to flounce stage left.

It’s a bloody forum FCS!

If I ever get so sanctimonious that I chuff off here in primadomic coma, please shoot me in the brain stem. You can even use my gun.

DS

ton

derek…………i was yolking 😀

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Maybe he was Surf Matts alter ego? Or vice versa.

Goz
    Free Member

Didnt the ice fail…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

To be honest, I can see why someone might get sick of the place. There is a definite core of people on here who appear to have no interest in bikes and are just here to slag people off. In amongst it all there are some very nasty people and some very nice people.

billyboy
    Free Member

…haven’t seen them????? HE IS A HIM…………..but you are right………he’s gone low profile, and it’s out of character…. unless the Lords of Singletrack have banned him again for coments likely to offend the family of a deceased Jack Russell?????…but I don’t think that is the case………..where is he………I’m worried…………..think I have his email address…I’ll seek it out and message him.

samuri
    Free Member

There is a definite core of people on here who appear to have no interest in bikes and are just here to slag people off.

If you replace ‘people’ with ‘people’s views’, you’ve pretty much described Simon. 😉

Oh, and don’t be worried, he’s posting away like crazy on facebook.

Cougar

Apropos of nothing,

I’ve used a BBS (Monochrome) since before the web existed. I think part of why I like STW is that the atmosphere is almost exactly the same here. Great bunch of people on the whole, a lot of light-hearted banter, sometimes gets out of hand and someone throws their toys out of the pram. We’ve a user who “leaves for good” pretty much annually.

Some users come and go. Some are missed, some aren’t. Some come back. Such is the way of the Internet.

rOcKeTdOg

Oh, and don’t be worried, he’s posting away like crazy on facebook.

i banned him from mine

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A glance at Boggies website and he was shooting pics on the 18th. Perhaps he’s taking a break from here – not a bad idea really.

cynic-al
    Free Member

” banned him from mine”

IIRC I’ve had to do that to some.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Most of the long time folk on here rarely post, but every now and again there is a thread that they deem worthy. I personally am in the transitional stage, that’s the bit where I want to argue the toss, and the point where I cant be arsed!

Happy days ❓

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

To be honest, I can see why someone might get sick of the place. There is a definite core of people on here who appear to have no interest in bikes and are just here to slag people off. In amongst it all there are some very nasty people and some very nice people.

this.
    but to be fair, you can replace “bikes” with whatever the subject matter of any website with a forum might be and you’d be describing, well, any forum ever more or less.

i just ignore the nastiness. life’s too short to get upset/annoyed by some pixels arranged on your screen by someone you’ll probably never actually meet. best to just let them wonder whether they hit a nerve or not, while you know that they didn’t.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

thanks for the interest, but I’m just busy doing other stuff – and taking my traditional 3 week solstice holiday I’m not as idle as I might be in the office :o) I’m the last person to flounce off in a snit after being slagged off!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I personally am in the transitional stage, that’s the bit where I want to argue the toss, and the point where I cant be arsed!

It sounds like you’ve just realised that whilst you have an emotional reaction to something that someone says, you usually lack the intellect to be able to argue against it in a coherent manner.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

CharlieMungus : nice fishing attempt 😉

billyboy
    Free Member

Still alive and well

emma82
    Free Member

It sounds like you’ve just realised that whilst you have an emotional reaction to something that someone says, you usually lack the intellect to be able to argue against it in a coherent manner.

Ha, to be fair, 99% of the time that’s why I don’t respond to threads that annoy me, I never make any sense when I say something so best not to say it …… 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emma – I’m not sure I get what you’re trying to say?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Emma, -You say it best when you say nothing at all- Sartre

emma82
    Free Member

Don’t do that Sammie I’ll just get confused 🙁

What I think i am saying is it’s usually safer if I keep schtum

edit: cheers CM 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If you replace ‘people’ with ‘people’s views’, you’ve pretty much described Simon.

OI!! The real fun of arguing is in analyzing others’ responses :o)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The real fun of arguing is in analyzing others’ responses

Innit though! 😮

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

CharlieMungus – Member

Lol, your not wrong!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Lol, your not wrong!

🙁

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

No need to be sad, if I could be arsed then I’m sure I could find the words, it’s just I have better things to get angry about than an internet forum.

I take it you don’t have kids? 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I do have kids, but annoying them has consequences that I can’t just walk away from with a silly grin.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Take a break, do you really think that I treat my kids the same as I do an internet forum?

Jeez.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Do you really think Charlie has kids? 😆

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Well he said it on the internet, so it must be true…

Coyote
    Free Member

I’m enjoying his absence. Long may it last!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

While I strong disagree with SFB’s footpath riding militancy, I see no reason to make him feel unwelcome here. You could play nice for a change?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’ve got children! I could have! Why wouldn’t I have children? I’ve done sex to someone! I have!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Disgusting.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You could play nice for a change?

oh please no, anything but that 🙁

Del

‘will surf mat come back?’ ‘where’s sfb?’
    WGAF? unless you have personal relationships with these people does it really matter?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘What happened to SFB?’ is closed to new replies.