Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What frame? To take 160mm forks within £400 budget
  • v666ern
    Free Member

So mates looking at a new frame only to replace his ageing kona stuff. Riding is mainly ringwood / FOD / leckhampton. looking slightly less gnarr more ride all dayable. Will transfer all his kit onto it. He likes the look of that Ellsworth on the FS section! Liked riding my old pitch, so anything similar?

peterfile
    Free Member

Is he looking for FS or HT?

v666ern
    Free Member

Fs please

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrhoppy

Heckler would be good, should be able to find one for that budget too.

clodezilla
    Free Member

It’s me! I’d like a fs please…….I do like hecklers!

v666ern
    Free Member

Any other suggestions?

I_Ache
    Free Member

06 Enduro?

Still great frames and you should be able to pick one up for around £300.

clodezilla
    Free Member

I’m 6’3″ too, what size do you guys recommend?

dantsw13

Something very big???? 😆

kayak23

A Mega if you get lucky. I got a brand new one for just over £400 a few years ago so you may well get one now, especially with the new one out.

v666ern
    Free Member

I think a mega could be a little too gnar, that’s how I took their marketing anyway! What are they like as a ride all day bike?

v666ern
    Free Member

Bump

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Considering 160mm forks are being mentioned, where a ride all day bike begins and ends is already in question.

A mega would do a grand job and is a similar style to a pitch (as you mentioned in the OP)

There’s a world of bikes out there, the prophet, five and Reign are all proven steeds, with all day ability and some in reserve for trips to the alps etc.

kayak23

Mega is great and represents a good compromise on everything.

mudfish

I have a Specialized 06 Enduro SWorks (raw anodised) frame in great nick. A great frame for a 160 fork.
    Replaced with a Nicolai AM which is very much the same bike, but a bit more sprauncy;-)
    Interested? Email me on flatpedalthunderATgmailDOTcom I might miss a reply here
    Thx, neil

dantsw13

160 bikes can be ridden all day, but that’s more 140 territory. I’d say a second hand stumpy evo would be perfect.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Large 2010 Enduro Pro frame going up for sale in a week or o if interested. Stealth black.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What frame? To take 160mm forks within £400 budget’ is closed to new replies.