Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • What do you think of "mountain bike adventures" on the bike channel?
  • scotroutes

No “star” quality then? I wonder how she “wriggle”d into the job.

maxtorque

I think Tmo would do good job on this program as the “female” component!

As much as i like Anna, and she brings a slightly hippy attractiveness to the show, i think the show could do with a more genuine female biker to balance Doddys bike nerdyness! Anna’s natural in front of the camera, but just feels a bit like the token female despite being pretty good on a bike

onandon
    Free Member

Ok, just watched a couple after never know if its existence until this morning.

It’s a big meh from me. That Doddy bloke is bloody dull and uninspiring and Anna comes across as the token woman rider to make the show appeal to all.

No chemistry at all in the presenters so can’t help feel they are both great on bikes but just cant make it look appealing /exciting for the camera.

Something are best kept away from the big screen and watched on the web – GCN works really well and the presenters look like they’re having fun, however, an hour long show would probbly annoy.

Lummox

I think it’s great, not amazing edge of the seat but a genuinely watchable programme that talks about a sport I enjoy.

I think both presenters have their own styles, I agree the repeating of script seems awkward.

However it’s shot well, has kept me watching and is the best in my opinion out there.

I hope a second series is made and it continues to be made and refined.

tillydog
    Free Member

the presenters don’t seem to have much genuine chemistry. It’d be more fun if they hated each other. Or there was smouldering, barely suppressed sexual attraction. But mostly they just seem to be trying hard to find common ground

I presumed they were married.

andywoodall
    Free Member

Not having Sky I was pleased to see these get put on YT.

I really like them actually, they seem fairly normal bikers, I’m not bothered about really polished presenting, I want people who know what they are talking about and they both clearly do in their own ways.

I think the format of visiting trail centres stretches the adventure term, but that’s not a reason not to do them, I like the fact someone is shouting about some of these great venues.

They are made by Liam Murphy who does Emily Batty’s ‘Ambitions’ series and he is, in my opinion, very talented, so I enjoyed them.

maxtorque

I think the Ambitions series is rather better, but mainly because Em spends more time riding her bike and less time cooking…….

hughjayteens
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘What do you think of "mountain bike adventures" on the bike channel?’ is closed to new replies.