Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What chromebook for about £250?
  • oldschool

Hi, after a chromebook, for general interneting stuff/emailing, but need office as well with Word and Excel. What do people recommend? Been using an iPad fom the last few years and using my company laptop, but IT being based in Spain and our servers being there, means I can no longer download stuff/have my own program’s etc. computers aren’t my thing really so any help or guideance appreciated.
    Thanks

sadexpunk

as far as im aware you cant have office on a chromebook.

oldschool

Oh well, shows my computer knowledge. Any ‘laptop’ recommendations for about £250 then?? With the above shizzle.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Office 365 online?? I’ve used it on my Chromebook.

tinribz
    Free Member

Don’t believe you can get MS Office but Google docs lets you edit Word docs and there is a spreadsheet that looks extremely similar. I’ve an ASUS C300M I’m happy with. Toshiba chromebook 2s get good reviews.

Have a try in PC World, then buy one from Maplins.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Word docs can end up looking “funky’ when edited with Google docs. I love my Chromebook I’m a convert.

oldschool

Needs to be office, missus needs to prescribe remotely when on call and ‘funky’ prescriptions ain’t going to go down well.

IA

New HP stream laptops are about that money, come with windows and 1 yr office subscription (includes the apps and online). Worth a look?

stuey
    Free Member

If you can wait until February new ‘super 16nm’ chips with big screen res and great battery life…Broadwell chip chromebook

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

You can use Office Online in a web browser

Office Online v Office 365

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What chromebook for about £250?’ is closed to new replies.