Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • What cars can you fit bike(s) in upright?
  • DickBarton

Please tell me that isn’t where the dog sits for the journey? That doesn’t look comfy…however, I don’t have a dog so otherwise, that looks superb!

Tracey

She doesn’t sit there when travelling. Loads of room further forward when she’s not driving.

bri-72

To complete the post above about the Combo life. Got round to finishing the fork mount eventually.
    2 modern large 29ers and a kids 24inch bike in no bother. With 1 rear seat still up. Probably need to raise height of one fork mount to give clearance for 3 adult bikes but rare I’d need do that.

nickfrog
    Free Member

To answer the title question, a MINI F56 3-door 😂.

I haven’t tried the IZZO in it yet though…

dblspeed
    Free Member

I second the Honda Jazz, I have a 2010 MK2 and I can comfortably fit (rear seats folded) an Orbea Rallon, size M, rear wheel first front wheel off and secure it upright with 2 straps on each handgrip hooked to the boot hooks and 1 bungee over the top tube, no need for extra stuff.

Been doing this for years and never a single issue, including multiple 2000 km roundtrips.

I’ve also occasionally carried 2 bikes upright, the Orbea and a custom hardtail which is a bit longer, and while not particularly easy

This is with the a mk2 Jazz, the mk3 inside space is basically the same, unfortunately the current mk4 has less interior space due to the batteries, so this should be confirmed with a practical test or by taking measurements and comparing the 2.

raify
    Free Member

Has anyone tried a Skoda Yeti? It looks like you could put the centre arm rest down, and mount forks on the boot floor.

I’m thinking of getting one…

dblspeed
    Free Member

I have no Yeti experience, but if you google skoda yeti bike upright you get a bunch of pictures, so I guess it can be done, judging from th pics there’s plenty of height, not so much length though.

Curious if anybody here is driving an mk4 Jazz and is able to fit a bike upright.

mjsmke

Berlingo here. Made a couple of drawers in the boot too and can still get bikes in upright ontop of them. Its the shorter wheelbase version too. Most comfortable car I’ve ever owned. Over 50mpg on long journeys too (1.2 petrol).

davidd

Skoda Karoq – I have the SEL version with flexi seating – with rear seats that can be removed. With the middle seat taken out, I transport my 29er upright with front wheel off and forks nearest the door. If I take two seats out, it takes two bikes easily (and have had 3 bikes but had to take both wheels off one of them). With all the rear seats removed there is room for 3 bikes.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

C-max will do it, actually slightly more practically than the Berlingo as the seats clip out/in (it’s a useless system for occasionally carrying big stuff, but great if you want a ‘car sized van’ and can ditch the seats into the attic or somewhere. The resulting space is only ~70mm shorter than a Berlingo (similarly with the seats completely removed but that involves nuts and bolts so is technically a modification for insurance purposes).

z1ppy

raify
    Free Member
    Has anyone tried a Skoda Yeti?

ajantom
    Skoda yeti – 3 bikes + 3 people with one rear seat and middle seat removed.

Or 4 people + rear rack. Which is much easier 😁

I’ve also fitted a tandem (with front wheel removed) down the middle of it 👍

Which surprises me, as my S5 Levo only just lies in length ways with no wheels (and I don’t want it, in the front with me).
    I love my yeti*, but want a Ford Tourneo for biking duties, as the yeti rear looks big, but with more height than usable length.

I’m not seeing any recommendation for the Hyundai I800 or Nissan Elgrand, which seems unusual.

*don’t buy one with with a sunroof, unless you want an indoor pool

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.