Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • What can you see almost from your doorstep
  • paladin

Eh, it’s changeable. Somedays it’s oilrigs, sometimes cruise ships, typhoon jets, folk queuing outside the bakers……

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Back, wallace monument, dumyat and rhe ochils. Front stirling castle, ben ledi and ben lomond and on a clear day the white corries and ben vorlich. Love where i live.

llama

Solsbury hill
    A hill with a university on top
    Another hill with a tower on top known for cheeky singletrack

scotroutes

I can see clearly now.

The rain has gone.

lister

If I lean out from the front door I can see Pembroke Castle. Birthplace of Henry VII don’t ya know.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

If I squint through the smog down the hill into Southampton centre and over the water, sometimes we can see the north coast of the Isle Of Wight! 😆

Lionheart
    Free Member

What an interesting thread! Really enjoyed descriptions and the pics and it needs
    more pics!
    Our small but glorious garden at the back

View post on imgur.com

A Devon lane at the front but 5 mins cycle away is this view

View post on imgur.com

The village Below and sea, well the Channel would be in this pic if you panned out a little bit.

View post on imgur.com

jag61

The two towers on a good day ( of Emley moor) if we can’t see them it’s about to rain approx SW from us I would rather be seeing some of the above!!

felltop

An Teallach, Coigach, Suilven, Stacey Pollaidh

onehundredthidiot

NT 500 024 makes my day every morning to see the maidens paps from my window.

prawny

I can see some kind of ridge that I’ve never been able to confidently identify, potentially wedlock edge, but I’m not sure.

Also Birmingham city skyline on a clear day from the bottom of the cul de sac.

Brum is easy to make out and is pretty much exactly 20 miles away in a straight line. Can’t make out any features on the ridge so it’s evidently ‘quite far’ away.

Edit – also we can see the tops of the trees on Cannock chase from our bed, which is nice.

mikejd

Tap o Noth, The Buck and Clashindarroch Wind Farm.

Waderider
    Free Member

I’ll join in this one for reasons that shall become obvious!

From the front of the house – looking straight down onto the River Lochy, and sticking its head up above the riparian birch wood is the summit of Ben Nevis. Carn Mor Dearg and Aonach Mor are obscured by the big oak tree on the river bank, but to the right of the oak the long ridge of the Grey Corries is currently lit up by the evening sun. Looking right from the front of the house I can see the Caledonian Canal and ‘my’ Corbett Beinn Bhan. Druim Fada also in view.

The east view is just sycamore at this time of the year but once the leaves are down there is an old stone arch bridge built by Thomas Telford with the Grey Corries above that.

Out the back of the house is a view down Loch Lochy with Gairlochy basin close. The backdrop is the munros Meall na Teanga and Sron a Choire Ghairbh. I have a stand of mature Scots pine coming up to the back fence.

johndrummer
    Free Member

Trees
    nice view
    No snow today though

ElShalimo

My dignity

Lionheart
    Free Member

This thread needs more pics!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I think I can narrow your house down to one or two Waderider – if I’m thinking of the right bridge.

scotroutes

Photos of Stacey Pollaidh please.

stgeorge

FOD, Malverns and closest at 200m ,the Cotswold Escarpment

dudeofdoom

People pulling over statues like it’s the fall of communism 🙂

Tbh it should be mountains in Spain but I’m a little stuck here for the mo.

TiRed

Front: Apple tree
    Rear: Apple tree

kilo

Our driveway

The boreen

Pyro

Leeds Bradford airport.

whatgoesup

on a good day….. the woman across the road getting dressed

Bad day in my case.
    Must move to a better neighbourhood.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I can almost see RAF Menwith Hill (It’s the Yanks really) I can’t hear them but I bet they can hear me.
    Oh & the White Horse at Kilburn.

martymac

I can see the ochils, the flare from grangemouth fuel refinery (if i stand on my toes)
    And the top of knockhill, which overlooks the racing circuit.
    Could be a lot worse.

MrOvershoot

scotroutes
    Subscriber

I can see clearly now.

The rain has gone.

Me too 😉

Johnny Nash or Jimmy Cliff

jimdubleyou

I can’t see the stadium, but I can see the trees in the park that razorrazoo’s house backs on to…

TheFlyingOx

Pretty much the same view as OP, but chuck in St Andrews, the quarry at Balmullo and Leuchars/Tentsmuir as well. It’s not a bad view at times:

And from the actual doorstep we’re regularly treated to sunsets like this:

qwerty
    Free Member

Keith Allen’s house.

marcg868
    Free Member

Our front Leeds Liverpool Canal, lots of ducks and gobby geese.
    Out back, Pendle Hill, Whinney Hill tip in Altham, the Coppice Accrington.

ianbradbury

A’Chailleach one way, the Feshie hills the other. And a lot of sheep. Many, many sheep.

breadcrumb

Front door step- not sure much, a road and a hawthorn hedge.

Back door step- fields and the Northern start of the Lake District.

Utility door step- rolling fields, Solway coast and SW Scottish fells.

Some nice sunsets from that side of the house too

ElShalimo

I want to live where @felltop lives but without the midges

duncancallum

Rivy pike the mast and winter Hill out back

Fiddlers out the front and just for Bregante’s benefit almost the isle of man

johndoh
    Free Member

I can usually see my nudist neighbour. Sometimes she also has her daughter around too :-O

This is the view from our last house – we moved out as the farmer that owned this field wouldn’t sell us a small patch of land to the side of our house. We now know why as there is now planning permission in for residential development. I would be gutted if I was the person that lives there now.

stevied
    Free Member

Malverns

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Mawddach estuary

BadlyWiredDog

Swizzels Matlow factory, the home of Love Hearts and other vile compressed powdered sugar tablets. The start of the road that heads out to The Fox and a bunch of local hills. And, if you can be arsed to walk for a minute, Kinder. And sheep obviously.

beanum

On a clear day, I can see the Dent d’Oche and the Cornettes du Bise on the other side of Lac Léman. On a really clear day, Mont Blanc…:-)

OPAW14

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘What can you see almost from your doorstep’ is closed to new replies.