Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • What can you see almost from your doorstep
  • redmex
    Free Member

Looking at the pic matt_outandaboot posted today shows a few big hills obvious ones to me are Ben Vorlich and Stuc a Chroin both easy to see from Fife today with good visibility
    300 yards from my house along with these two I can chuck in Ben More, Stob Binnein,Schiehallion,Glen Lyon Munro’s,Ben a Ghlo ones,Ben Chonzie,Ben Lawyers lot,a few of the southern Cairngorms,the Cairnwell Munro’s,Mayar and Dreish and chuck in 3 wee hills not quite 3000′ Ben Vrackie,Ben Ledi and Farragon Hill
    Quite a vista

rOcKeTdOg

This was the view from my bedroom window last Wednesday

FB_IMG_1591549435311

robbo1234biking

Grass needs cutting.

bruneep

on a good day….. the woman across the road getting dressed

trail_rat
    Free Member

Clachnaben

On a clear day from upstairs and if there is snow on it…… Lochnagar.

supernova

Brecon Beacons

View from my garden. Corn Du and Pen y Fan in the distance, Sugar Loaf front and centre behind the Skirrid. Big lens though…

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Good views over to Birnam Hill. With binoculars I can just about make out “Rake and Ruin”.

I love where I live. 🙂

dudeofdoom

Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically over the plains 🙂

razorrazoo

Nearest big landmark is Twickenham Stadium, but can see it from my house.  Given the suburban nature of the area we have the good fortune of looking out to a small river and parkland at the back.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

stgeorge

Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically over the plains

Torquay?

Houns

The million from my bedroom window and if I go up the street I can see Kinver Edge, the Sheepwalks, the Clee Hills, Clent and Abberley Hill

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Abberley Hill

Father was a fighter jet instructor for some years. They used to use the clock tower as a dummy target!

funkmasterp

My neighbours house at the front and my garden at the back

binners

Give over Flashy. I thought he flew Sopwoth Camels

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

A kebab shop

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

A bit hilly out my front door.

Stages 1,2 and 7 of the ArdRock Enduro…
    …and for the roadies, from Simon Warren’s 100 Climbs series – Buttertubs Pass, Oxnop Scar, The Fleak, Turf Moor, Greets Moss and Grinton Moor.

Also, lots of sheep!!!

Cheers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

joshvegas
    Free Member

Gypsy Glen and Cademuir.

binners

This is what I see when I open the curtains in the morning. Scout Moor turbines across the valley

Well … not for the 362 days a year when it’s lashing down and the cloud is so low you can’t see a bloody thing, but… you know… for those few days a year, it’s lovely

tartanscarf

Pap of Glencoe, Beinn a Bheithir, Loch Leven, Garbh Bheinn (Ardgour version), Sgor nam
    Fiannaidh. And Meall Mor which is in loads of the Harry Potter films apparently.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

The Pub.
    I’m also directly under the Mach loop flight path.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Junkies mainly.

CountZero

My slightly overgrown hedges, my car, and the houses t’other side of the road.

matt_outandabout

From my garden we can see the ridge South East of Ben Vorlich.
    From above Dunblane, most of the southern Highland boundary, so Ben Chonzie, Ben Vorlich, Stuc a’Chroin, Ben More, Stob Binian, Ben Ledi, Ben Venue, Ben Lomond, Ben Authur (Cobbler), Ben Vane (I think), Ben Vorlich (Argyll), the Gargunnock hills, the Forth towards Edinburgh and of course the Ochils (which we were stood on today).

scotroutes

From my bedroom window, the Northern Corries of the Cairngorms. In fact, all the way from Bynack Mor across to Sgorr Gaoithe.

Various other sundry hills (including Meall a Bhauchaille, Craigellachie, Carn Avie, Beinn Gulabin) from other windows. .

I’ll be honest – the view is one of the reasons we bought the house.

tthew

Top of the Fiddlers Ferry chimbley and cooling towers. Not for much longer though. Also can usually hear Creamfields when it’s on.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Sometimes, on a warm summers day, I can see the mother and daughter who live next door hobbling around their garden in underwear trying to get their disobedient dogs back in the house.  It is not an appealing sight but I can’t help looking

piemonster

The Moritz Schulte, at least for the next few minutes

Greybeard
    Free Member

Top of the Fiddlers Ferry chimbley and cooling towers. Not for much longer though

If you ever find out when they’re coming down, please do tell us! I know a good socially distanced place to watch from.

binners

Cant you see Fiddlers Ferry chimbleys from everywhere in the north west of England.

It won’t seem right with them not there. I put them in my Rivington illustration

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iNMYMQ]Social Distancing[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

welshfarmer

I can clearly see Lord Herefords’ Knob

metalheart
    Free Member

Decent sunsets.

Either that or Dingwall is regularly on fire…

scotroutes

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

midlifecrashes

Jogger in the mist

We get these odd mists rising from the field at various times of the year, always worth a pic or two.
    No hills as we’re on the flat side of Doncaster. House on the park, so the park basically. 96 acres so I’m told of grass, avenues of trees, football pitches in season, the town cricket and hockey pitches, the spire of the 1829 church on the top road, a primary school and the backs of the Georgian townhouses on the far side of the field. Through the gap in those you can just see the finishing straight of the Tour de Yorkshire stages on the old Great North Road.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

What? You live in the same block of flats as Flashy?

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

StirlingCrispin

From the house: Stirling castle, Dumyat and the Wallace Monument (but only from the bathroom, it’s like the house if 1ft too far to one side).

Ooh – and the Touch Hills.

supernova

I can clearly see Lord Herefords’ Knob

I’ve often sat on it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Mamores

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Out of the back in Oxfordshire I see assorted wildlife and green. Beyond that is another couple of lawns then fields.
    Lawn

The view out of the front it this with Wallingford to the left hand side before the hills in the distance.
    The front lawn

In Weymouth the view is a couple of degrees around from this:
    IMG_01232

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘What can you see almost from your doorstep’ is closed to new replies.