Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • what brake adapter?
  • z1ppy

Need to fit a "IS" Hope M4 brake 183mmm disc onto a Rockshox POST mount.
    What adapter do I need?

I thought it would be a POST to IS but the picture says not (looks like what I think of as an IS to POST adapter..)
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15622

So this looks more like it, but says it's +20mm
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13735
    Is that right?
    Is that +20 ontop of the std 160mm? Or is it gong to push my brake out to a 203mm position?

Your confused…

z1ppy

bump-idi-bump

foxyrider
    Free Member

1st one picture is wrong vs description.

2nd – not in stock – but would result in a 180MM ?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hope-brake-mount-which-one

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I had the same problem.

See also THIS thread.

The conclusion was that you need a HBSM20H adaptor which adds 20mm, and consequently a 203mm rotor. That was what the Hope customer service advice line fella told me as well.

z1ppy

cheers guys ..ahem thanks to some confusion and too many spares, I now realise I have Magura's on the bike I'm replacing the fork and the Hope is 'to be' fitted to the 'other' bike which luckily, even though it's RS, has IS mounts.

So is the Hope the only IS to POST adapter available? Can't see any other STD ones on CRC
    (not a issue upgrading the disc size, I have a spare 180mm rotor – and far too many spares)

foxyrider
    Free Member

Think so ?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ahh no that reminds me:

SS compnents do some

z1ppy

Fantastic, many thanks. Need to think past CRC occasionally.

So next.. what rims? (doing a search first)

foxyrider
    Free Member

What riding are you doing? Weight?

z1ppy

XC/trail centres but anything (not major drops) & clydesdale rider, thinking tubeless, as I have a set of 819's and there not bad (new fork is 20mm and the front is currently a lefty/819 wheel).
    Assuming Stan's rim of some sort will be the option (will search, but you are offering).
    Gunna replace some EX729's on a set of Bulb's that have been majorly under used.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I got Pro II SP 36 hole on Stans 355's 6 months ago – do fairly techy stuff on them and still spot on 🙂 Running tubeless with Stans with Maxxis tyres – going well 🙂 If you need something a bit more substansial then maybe some flows or crests 🙂

z1ppy

sorry excuse my ignorance, but is that Stan rim tape or stan no-flat fluid you mean when you say "Running tubeless with Stans with Maxxis tyres"

foxyrider
    Free Member

Stans tubeless kit – rimtape, fluid and rim strips 🙂

Sorry do you mean UST specific rims? The 355 is a UST rim but you can run UST or non-ust tyres on them 🙂

z1ppy

little lost as to why Stan's rims aren't tubeless ready or are some models?
    (like I say, still to look into it)

oh… think I'm getting confused at your use of non-tubeless tyre? and the need for a rim kit

foxyrider
    Free Member

They are tubeless ready – I am using a rimstrip as it can reduce burping. I don't have UST tyres tis all 🙂 Sorry for the confusion 🙂

Edit: sorry. Tubless ready means you can use UST tyres on them (tubless tyres) but you can also run non-tubless tyres on them (like me) – running tubeless you would want to use some sealant anyway but you don't "need" to use a rimstrip just a valve 🙂

z1ppy

no problem
    Yes was probably heading towards Stans rims, had seen other posts about using the rimstrip on them, and didn't really understand why (as their tubeless pioneer's).

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=11716

That allows you to fit an IS brake to a post fork without changing rotor size.

bigyinn
    Free Member

For older manitous maybe, but IIRC they are not the same as the 74mm PM std now.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Nope, definitely the right fit. I've run them on Fox and RS forks.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

That's a good spot, spokescycles.

Definitely, definitely works then? Does this mean I get to keep my Mono M4s and Fox forks?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I'd say so, I've used them with Magura, Shimano and Giant brakes though, not hope.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘what brake adapter?’ is closed to new replies.