Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Bluetooth/Cordless mouse for Mac?
  • Militant_biker

I've been using a wired Logitech MX400 at work, which I love – extra buttons have now become essential.

Now I've got myself a Macbook Pro for working at home on, and I need a decent mouse, but ideally a Bluetooth version of something like the MX400. The Macbook only has 2 USB ports, so I'd quite like to not use up one with a cordless USB adaptor, as I'll need to use an external HD and a graphics tablet, and don't really want to get a hub unless I have to. Mac Magic Mouse is out – no side buttons, & Logitech only offer teeny weeny mice for netbooks in Bluetooth, without side buttons.

So can anyone recommend a Bluetooth mouse, with side buttons, that's good for graphic design use all day?

lardman
    Free Member

well… i'm not quite sure what you use the side buttons for, but the new magic mouse is (IMO) pretty f*cking great. I never been a fan of Mac mice, always preferring MaCally, but this new thing is great.

There are some third party apps, to make use of assigning actions to certain aspects, in certain apps for this mouse too.

Multi-touch on my desktop machine is a right bonus.

Expensive, and a bit small for my Bear Paws, but brilliant none-the-less.

verses

I got this for use with my mac mini;
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dell-Bluetooth-Wireless-USB-Keyboard-and-Mouse-/250675893308?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_KeyboardsMice&hash=item3a5d72943c

I like the rebelliousness of using Dell accessories on an Apple computer… I've been asked to play the James Dean roll in the remake of Rebel without a Cause you know…

EDIT: Should have said, that while it does have 2 side buttons, I've only managed to configure them for limited use (show Dashboard, Expose) but then I've not tried too hard to get them to do anything clevererererer.

DrJ

Not many choices in BlueTooth mice. I had one from ?Kensington? that consistently crashed my Mac. Magic Mouse is great, but apparently does not match your needs.

Cougar

Isn't the Magic Mouse the one to have for the Mac these days?

Personally I'd steer clear of Bluetooth mice, the ones I've used have been invariably rubbish, laggy as hell. Last one I bought (for a PC-based laptop) was the Logitech Nano, thoroughly recommend it, it's ace.

Militant_biker

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions. The side buttons are a must – I have them set up for Exposé (show Desktop and show all windows) and find them irreplaceable now.

The Magic Mouse feels great, and seemed to be pretty responsive, but doesn't fit my needs properly.

I'll have a look into the Dell mice, otherwise I might just have to get a USB one and get a (powered) hub

Cheers!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Microsoft? Their keyboards and mice are really good. I use a wireless ergo microsoft most of the time which isn't bluetooth but they do some bluetooth ones as well. The Magic Mouse is nice (and we have one on an iMac) but i'd not want to use one full time – you can add lots of extra functions to the multitouch via some 3rd party preference panels.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Bluetooth/Cordless mouse for Mac?’ is closed to new replies.