Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • What bike associated rubbish have you got in your house right now?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Without really noticing until now I have a track pump, a camelbak and 3 helmets hanging about in the kitchen. This has become so normal that the wife doesn’t even moan about it any more (one of the lids is hers).

What junk is invading your house?

sam_underhill

My ghetto tubeless inflator thingy is waiting for a tweak. It’s been waiting for several months. It may stay waiting.

nacho
    Free Member

I work from home. My office has the following I can see:
    A pair of old cycling shoes, a camelback (took one into the garage earlier) couple of cycling tops, pair of shorts drying on the radiator (for tonights ride) chain measuring tool, new rear light for road bike. Riding glasses. Energy bars/gels. Pile of STW/Dirt/MBUK mags, 2 light chargers, couple of hooks free in recent bike mag, old brake pads on desk to remind me to buy new, new road shoes I can’t use as I have a dodgy knee so bad time to learn how to clip/unclip (always worn flats) big blue book of bicyle re[pair. Kneepads for tonights ride. Probably plenty more if I start looking around 🙄

No wonder mrsnacho refuses to clean my office!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

grease and brake dust all over the kitchen floor from a spoke replacement on the commuter earlier…reminds me, best go clear it up

muddydwarf
    Free Member

3 helmets
    3 camelbaks
    5 pairs cycling shoes
    4 bikes
    windowsill full of assorted gubbins

All in the kitchen!

EDIT: 2 tubs of TORQ energy powders on the shelf.

kilo

One new stans flow / superstar hub front wheel, sealant and tape, a maxi ust tyre, two track pumps, the wifes camelback, two tt bikes, the wife’s good road bike and her track bike and a pile of lights and chargers; all in the seldom used for dining dining room

tomhoward

Living in a small flat with no lady overlord to keep me in check, I pretty much live in a mancave. Not as awesome as it sounds.

wallop

Permanently next to the kitchen sink – two empty chinese containers, degreaser, a toothbrush and a cassette cleaning tool.

khani
    Free Member

This

And a track pump..

glupton1976
    Free Member

My bike kit all lives in various parts of the house.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

In my student house bedroom at the moment I have 2 helmets, 3 sets of handlebars, 2 bikes and 5 spare wheels…

skink2020

3 bikes, four sets of wheels, several pairs of shoes, various
    bottles and tools.
    All in view(I am a messy b’stard).

Tom83

Way too much stuff to list. The missus doesn’t mind anymore, well, she’s stopped moaning at least!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Oh god.

A road bike
    A shopping bike
    A dirt jump bike
    A bmx
    3 spare wheels
    Lots of tyres
    All the gear you need to ride them with
    All the tools you need to fix them with

Northwind

The bedroom’s full of frame boxes, for when I finally get the 3 spare frames ready to sell 😳 Also 2 sets of forks, some brakes, a wheel…

Which doesn’t sound too bad, but I’ve got a proper big garage entirely given over to bikes.

Kryton57

Rubbish? How very dare you…

bikebouy
    Free Member

In my spare bedroom darn sarf is where all my bikes are, my ancillaries like track pumps, kit, tool boxes.. All my windsurfing kit, kitesurfing kit, sailing kit. I have my own man cave wardrobe for all my (cough) “sports clothing” and can see at present looking over my shoulder my paddle board leaning up the stairs.. I have to dodge it each time I go upstars and its a right old pain getting the bikes past it.
    MrsBouy just about tolerates it bless her, but if it wasn’t for all her decorating and renovation tools and chainsaws crammed in the spare room too I guess she’d moan like a big whining baby about it (she detests clutter)

I love my home.

Edric64
    Free Member

In the living room I have a tandem trike and my audax bike in the hall a road bike and a fixie and two mountain bikes in the kitchen.A workshop stand and spare wheels are behing the tv.Oh I forgot the timetrial bike is in the kitchen .the rest are in the shed.There are bars and saddles and other bits all over the house as well

Moses

Dear god, where do I start?
    1 shed full.
    1 spare room full. About 10 frames all in, some of which are in full bike format. PLus tools, spares, kit.
    Lots of wheels,
    Lots of tyres,
    camelbacks etc
    Pumps
    Boxes of stuff gathering dust

The problem is, sometime soon Mrs M wants to have a new kitchen which will involve losing the shed & clearing the spare room so we can cook in it for 3-4 months.
    Any volunteers for helping me clear up & out?

yunki
    Free Member

In the kitchen:
    1 rigid Soul
    1 pair borked wellgo mag1s
    1 pair nearly new spds
    1 pedal spanner
    1 can gt85
    1 bottle chain lube
    4 sets new brakepads
    1 bb tool
    1 cassette tool
    lithium grease
    2 dirty bike brushes
    1 small bucket assorted lights and chargers

In the downstairs loo:
    1 spare tube
    1 broken tyre lever
    1 pump from the pound shop
    lots mags
    2 pairs cycling specific shoes

I’m not gonna look under the stairs, in the bathroom, next to me on the desk or on the bedroom floor..

Theoretically all the household bike stuff is in the shed.. 😀

watsontony
    Free Member

Any volunteers for helping me clear up & out?

i could look after some of your stuff if you like

igrf
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    …. my paddle board leaning up the stairs.. I have to dodge it each time I go upstars and its a right old pain getting the bikes past it.
    MrsBouy just about tolerates it bless her

You have a paddle board and you’re married?

Sandwich

Just disassembled a wheel for it to be given a new rim. So one Hope XC rear hub, 32 butted black spokes, a cassette,32 nipples (ooer), a chain whip,and a WTB rim. Helmets and gloves on the freezer, camelback bladder hanging up drying off and a pair of road shoes awaiting a clean.

andrewh
    Free Member

Helmets bottles etc are always there.
    In the porch
    Road bike
    Two wheels
    Some tools
    In the study
    Workstand
    Bike without wheels or forks
    Forks
    Two tool boxes
    Early stages of a homemade carbon chain-whip tool on top of the kitchen cupboards, been there around 6 monts.
    Airing cupboard is full of wet bike shoes (3 pairs)
    I have a proper bike shed…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Igrf.. Ha! I see what you are incinerating there..

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bear in mind that is my bedroom 😐

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In the “dining room”:

5 bikes
    A box of roadie gear
    A box of mtb gear
    A crud road racer set that’s never been used
    2 sets of pedals that I might get on eBay sometime this year
    Tyres (assorted)
    3 helmets
    Toolbox

mrs deadly is not my biggest fan whenever the “dining” room is mentioned.

mintimperial

Very little. I even get bollocked if I leave the little plastic hook thingy I use for drying my Camelbak on the windowsill whilst out for a ride. It all has to live in the garage.

No wait, my Garmin lives on a shelf in the front room when it’s not on a bike, cunningly hiding with some other non-bike electronic tat. That’s it.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Couple of helmets in the airing cupboard, camelback and another helmet in one of the spare rooms, all my riding gear in a ‘special’ chest of drawers, intense Tazer frame in the kitchen, various bike mags and energy bars and gels in the kitchen.

colournoise

All my clothing and riding gear live in the spare room. All the bikes are in the garage/mancave, but there’s usually a few bits lurking on the dining table waiting to be fitted to one bike or another. Currently a set of Raceface bars, some spare tubes, Shimano bleed bits & bobs, and a Charge Spoon.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

All of my bikes and bike related crap is in the kitchen. 4 bikes and 3 lots of kit, road, MTB and the daughters. The house is a shite hole but I am never in long enough to give a toss and when I get back I am too nackered to anything about it.

The girlfriend will not move in with me for some strange reason.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘What bike associated rubbish have you got in your house right now?’ is closed to new replies.