Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • What are these weird tiny maggot things in my room and how did they get there?
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

I started to notice a few tiny white things scattered around the carpet in my room, more of them under and around things like my bed and piles of mtb mags. Before you all start thinking it, I’m by no means a hoarder with junk piled up everywhere or anything like that lol. I was just giving my room a good clean and vacuum after being away for a year, they say you only notice dirt if you go looking for it and I can see how that’s true!
    They look a bit like a white grain of rice in terms of size and shape, and feel a bit like paper. But I got brave enough to open one of them up, just by gently pinching it, and there seems to be tiny maggot type things in them! 😐
    Ive hoovered most of them up now I think.

BUT…. what are they? How did they all get there???? 😯

nealglover
    Free Member

Fly eggs ?

spchantler
    Free Member

they might be moth larvae?

Tom83

A fly might have laid eggs?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Been scratching your bum much recently?

wwaswas

Dinosaur eggs.

singletracked
    Free Member

Pick one up
    learn how to do this
    http://www.shpangle.co.uk/Name_On_Rice_Jewellery.php

write a question on it

and it will disappear

chewkw
    Free Member

Watch out they will eat you alive while you sleep.
    They will also crawl into your cavities …. 😆

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Tremors?

bigjim

is your bumhole itchy?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Definitely Arseworm larvae.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Sounds like you are a minter and need to clean.

Rubber_Buccaneer

They are bowel weevil larvae. Sounds like you have a bad case :o(

rudebwoy
    Free Member

😆 good one rubberbuccaneer– they may be carpet beetle larvae, not much nutritional value– that weird chef would incorporate them in some dish or other, ice cream, rice and weevil pudding..

unklehomered
    Free Member

They’re waiting until you’re asleep and then they’re gonna crawl into your ear and infect your brain so become one of the pod people…

No, just kidding but #I was gonna write something about dead hookers here but I figured that way lies the banstick… So instead I’ll just imply you have rotting fruit under your floor boards and in your drywall…#

piemonster

LSD lately?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Definitely Arseworm larvae.

This.

chiefgrooveguru

Carpet moth larvae probably.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

What chief said.

flowergirl
    Free Member

Definitely moth larvae. Does your carpet contain wool? Get some stuff to kill them, (have a look in B&Q) hoovering wont be enough and remove any merino wool jerseys from the vicinity!!!

chiefgrooveguru

They are determined little sods – spent £50 on weaponry and many hours ridding us of our unwanted guests…

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

Nothing to worry about, that’s what they are are. Hoover the suckers, clean the room etc.

I came back off holiday a few years ago and walked into my room before turning the light on, felt a strange and gently itchy feeling on my face. It stuck to my face.

I pulled it off and spat, turned to switch the light on and I fekkin kid you not – was in the middle of shelobs bloody lair. Literally millions of little baby spiders, some of which went in my mouth – and a massive bloody one sitting in the middle of my room (which was now it’s room) just looking at me like “who the f are you and what are you doing in my new house?”

I flipped. I got geared up – balaclava, full face downhill helmet and goggles, boiler suit with trousers tucked into my boots and strolled in like arnie with my vacuum weapon. Hoovered them up, threw the hoover bags on a bonfire in the garden. Sorry to spider lovers but it had to be done or they would have found their way back inside. I felt dirty for days lol. Moral of the story – it could be worse.

kevj
    Free Member

Silver fish?

(Far more silver and transparent in real life than google images suggests)

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Definitely moth larvae. Does your carpet contain wool? Get some stuff to kill them, (have a look in B&Q) hoovering wont be enough and remove any merino wool jerseys from the vicinity!!!

Thanks, after a few answers of that I’ll take it that’s what they probably are!
    Not sure if or how much wool my carpet contains. Its standard soft bedroom carpet material? 😐
    I actually noticed one or two small patches of the carpet where some of the carpet fluff was missing, if that makes sense?!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nukeproof riding, that is class.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

And ye you put a funny image in my head there Nukeproof!! 😆

Diane
    Free Member

Carpet moths can be a nightmare! Act soon and repeat until all evidence is gone

konabunny
    Free Member

Moths are resilient ****.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘What are these weird tiny maggot things in my room and how did they get there?’ is closed to new replies.