Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • West Yorkshire Police
  • bearnecessities

I’ve lived here for around 6 years, in that time had a car broken into, been burgled with car stolen & torched, and today, some mail theft (all a bit weird, but classed as a burglary).

Aside from the car theft, I only reported to provide information to help them build a picture etc, but on all occasions I’ve been almost embarrassed by the amount of immediate and personal attention they give, plus follow up calls & visits etc. Even with the car theft I told the DCI that was assigned to it (?!) that it was a company car and the fact it was found burnt out 4 hours later meant I didn’t need updating, but he wanted to provide some comfort that they would find the scrotes that broke into my home.

I just find it really humbling that they have to deal with some serious crap, yet can find the resource to deal with the ‘victims’ of such minor crime so quickly and also courteously.

Thankfully never been the victim of a serious crime; I hope they are afforded the same treatment.

So basically thanks W.Yorks police 😀

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

well i never…

takisawa2

Just watching them on Motorway Cops.
    With the student running to Calais down the hard shoulder. 😀

ads678

They should have darwinism take course imo.

tinribz
    Free Member

Durham Constabulary – Minor crash last year, (not my fault). Police were incredibly professional, helpful and courteous throughout the whole thing.

Who’da thunk it.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

clearly being the victim of crime helps when having to deal with them. So I’m off out to burn my own car. 😕

hora
    Free Member

OP I’m guessing you are in Leeds?

bearnecessities

clearly being the victim of crime helps when having to deal with them

As opposed to what?!

OP I’m guessing you are in Leeds?

Thereabouts; they take my council tax!

john_drummer
    Free Member

I had my shed broken into a few years back. nothing nicked, esp not my bikes. I reported it, thought that would be the end of it. Some vandalism to my driveway lights too.

2 days later a PCSO came round, took some more detailed info, then started doing house-to-house. Shed was fine after that, strangely enough, as were the lights on the drive…

BD

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘West Yorkshire Police’ is closed to new replies.