Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Weight weenie seat post help.
  • doof_doof
    Free Member

I think he means why don’t more companies push the boundaries, rather than making products which are going to work under fatties who shouldn’t really be considering ultra-light kit.

Yup, that was what I was getting at. Unfortunately kit generally has to be designed for worst case scenario. In the case of a post, it is going to be designed to not fatigue under a fatty, rather than impact strength (ie. a crash).

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Well, not being an engineer I cannot imagine how it could be designed to do one and not the other.

elPedro666
    Free Member

I do find it amusing that a lot of the casual riders obsessed with bike weight are often proper fat bloaters who never actually ride!

Hey, I take offence at that … I ride regularly… 😳 😆

Well, not being an engineer I cannot imagine how it could be designed to do one and not the other.

Fatigue and impact strength are totally different things & a material could be great at one & rubbish at the other.

njee20
    Free Member

Holy thread resurection Batman!

elPedro666
    Free Member

😳 😆
    Sorry, must have got here from google!

Milkie
    Free Member

Found one..

I’ve got the EC90 and it flexes a lot, even with my weenie weight of 65 Kilo’s, butt it does take some hard knocks out of the saddle/rear wheel.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Weight weenie seat post help.’ is closed to new replies.