Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Weekend Riding plans & pictures – tinsel edition
  • slackboy

I know its early, but this is the first time I’ve been out since recovering from covid and it was sunny!

rOcKeTdOg

GFBD innit on Saturday

fat bikes only

vmgscot

This usually works better in the Bike forum

colournoise

More fun with long exposures. Only thing about tonight’s ride that was fun – one of those heavy legged, laboured breathing, nothing working as it should rides…

2021 12 03 bike 039 01

2021 12 03 bike 039 02

2021 12 03 bike 039 03

davros

👆👏 did you have to write it backwards? That would confuse my brain.

colournoise

davros
    👆👏 did you have to write it backwards? That would confuse my brain.

Yes, and I may have had to do some rehearsals. The ‘N’ in particular took some getting my head round.

Poopscoop

Indecently good pictures @colournoise👍

You sure you are in the right career?

jimmy748

An overnight flight home from Philly, taxi home as my cars got gearbox problems, then ride to the Covid test center at my local airport (nice and secure to leave the bike) and home.

colournoise

Poopscoop
    Indecently good pictures @colournoise👍

You sure you are in the right career?

Thanks.

As for my career? I teach photography (among other subjects).

If it wasn’t so insanely tough to get into, I’d love to do some commercial work though, just not sure there’s much of a niche for my particular MTB/landscape/abstract/fine art hybrid approach!

matt_outandabout

No pictures of my 0*c and raining, ice on the road, delightful jaunt today. I did nearly half my planned route and binned it off.

Klunk
    Free Member

beautiful morning for a ride 😀 still on worn summer tyres!

oceanskipper

The OP’s pic belongs in the rubbish Christmas tree thread!

kayak23

Woburn.
    Day after booster. Feeling rubbish. Crashed into a tree.
    Feeling rubbisherer now.

davros

Not sure why I forced myself to go out but it was horrific. Barely lasted an hour. Hands completely soaked and totally numb fingers. Probably the worst ride I’ve ever done!

But the warm bath after was nice.

rOcKeTdOg

Lovely if cold day out on the fat bikes for global fat bike day. Finished with doughnuts and beer
    FB_IMG_1638636937540

PXL_20211204_125847670

mrdestructo

2.4″ Schwalbe super moto-x rubber fits on 37mm rims for “roadie” days on mountain roads. Doesn’t manage to make the uphills fun though. My spine needs therapy.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pretty much what @Davros said, but I lasted 45 minutes.

Got to 2000′ up a local hill, no traction due to snow and sodden moorland, no views, no feeling in fingers.

**** it, went home and watched footy with lots of coffee.

snaw

matt_outandabout

A gentle wander for coffee and cake, added to by having this as a view and a golden eagle circling over the tops.

roverpig

Came across a fallen tree about 100 yards into my ride. No problem, I can climb over that. Oh there is another one. About two hours later I managed to drag myself and my bike down onto a field, only to find that I’d lost my front light (exposure joystick) somewhere in the chaos. So once I found a road again I had to high tail it back to the car before it got too dark. Not one of the best rides of the year, but maybe the most expensive 🙂 Believe it or not this is actually a road!

jimmy748

gallowayboy

I left the bike in the cellar this weekend, got soaked and cold yesterday, and muddy today walking round the Calder Valley. Our son showed no such lack of ambition – or opportunity, he sent me this at lunchtime, fair made my weekend!
    Sail

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

First time out on the bike in months.
    Have moved to a new town (Linlithgow) so did some light exploring.

Saw a large bird of prey of some kind, a deer, a derelict factory, got given a tennis ball by a bulldog and found a nice wee spot to do some bikerafting back to town from.

CheesybeanZ

Local loop today, 20 miles of the North Coltswolds finest slop.

singlespeedstu

No riding for us this week/weekend due to the storm damage.
    Went for a walk in Yair to see if anything was still ridable.
    Its not looking good up there.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mNWskv]There used to be a trail here. 😒[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

iainc

Big blue sky 😁

vmgscot

With all the forest trails shutdown it’s back to “lockdown” conditions and local rides for us

desperatebicycle

I took a photo. So much ground leafage.

Damn, those Pikes are so good. Have transformed the hardtail.

and this, as I was loading bike back into the car

Sandwich

A long weekend in Mid-Wales with a day at Machynlleth (slate bites) and one at Coed y Brenin. A long time since I last rode really technical stuff and although a bit slow it all went reasonably well but for the knee damage.
    Sandwich Jr
    There He Is
    That's Me Done
    Slate Bite
    Blue Skies Over Brenin
    Just Past Pugsley
    Dyffi Valley

lowey

Grim day Saturday. Old coach road and the Back o Skidda…

It never stopped raining / hailing / snowing and all the climbs were into a howling tempest. I;ve done some grim rides in my time but that one was a contender for the worst.

Sunday morning presented a wonderful view of Blencathra though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

@mattoutandabout – Turret?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding plans & pictures – tinsel edition’ is closed to new replies.