• This topic has 34 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by ahsat.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Weekend riding pics – 5th Sept – ‘autumn is coming’ edition
  • ta11pau1

48 miler on the space chicken today, will be riding the ‘local’ trails tomorrow for a couple of hours. Getting the legs ready for 3 days hard riding in the Lake District starting Friday.

Lots of fallen leaves in some areas, and the conkers are getting big and spiky, please don’t go summer!

Bonus game of ‘identify the burnt out car/van’

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

First ride out on 1X and new Ibis frame today. Plenty of sketchy patches of mud, are back , but as a whole totally rideable . Lots of people out today also. Never seen so many from walkers, riders and horse riders. All making the most of it. Roll on a couple of weeks with the maples near me changing to reds and yellows.

kayak23

Forest de la Dean. Beautiful day.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Looks like you was on my patch Paul.

Test riding a bike that should be way too big for me ,but felt great ….

rOcKeTdOg

IMG_20200905_122906

Screenshot_20200905-183501

ta11pau1

Looks like you was on my patch Paul.

Test riding a bike that should be way too big for me ,but felt great ….

Yep, and passed by the cobham mausoleum, twice!

I went through some, erm… Salubrious parts of Gravesend. 😁

poah
    Free Member

went to ballo to ride with street pigeon – perfect conditions and great trails.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEw8pIWn4hF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

sirromj

The non-epic hills of… Birchington. If you’re round that neck of the woods ever, must check out the singletrack behind Brills 😉

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Cracking afternoon weather in Hampshire, I was ready to afternoon nap when I got in from work having woke at ~0415, but I drugged myself with coffee and did a ~47 mile loop including finally climbing Harvesting Lane and Speltham Hill for the first time this year.

Tomorrow might be a challenge simply walking to the lounge! 😆

13thfloormonk

2 days on the gravel bike between Edinburgh and Aviemore. Burma Road loop today then back to Pitlichry tomorrow.

colp

A few from Leogang

Jamze

Very Autumnal, damp and loamy in the local woods. This week’s weather is looking pretty decent, so going to try and get out every day.

Tracey

PMBA Enduro at Graythwaite this weekend and in typical Lakes fashion its been raining most of the time since we arrived on Friday. Great to see the event happening.

Kryton57

Autumn?

drnosh
    Free Member

@rOcKetdOg.

I am admiring your hat in the first picture.

Can you tell me where it came from please.

Thanks.

rOcKeTdOg

I am admiring your hat in the first picture

From this guy who kindly sent me a few of his hand made ones. His pictures are not family or trump friendly!

ta11pau1

Some chilled laps round Covert today, feeling good.

2nd pic is a decent 4ft drop from wood to landing, so about double what I’m comfortable with. Someday… Maybe.

matt_outandabout

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Miles and miles of smiles on the gnarmac of Hampshire (With a teeny tiny little bit of Berkshire thrown in). Route was a lot more lumpy than I had thought when planning it last night over a beer or three. Legs a bit achy now!

Regretted the long sleeve base layer a couple of times, but not on the 5 mile descent from Ashmansworth!

halifaxpete

Alex

Classic Gap ride. Great conditions. Obviously damp but that’s standard.

Classic Gap ride - Aug 2020 - MTB

Coupe of pints of Butty Bach to finish. Not a bad day at all 🙂

reluctantjumper

Went to Glyncorrwg to do the W2 loop, was pleasantly surprised to see the place rammed with a full car park! It was almost like it was back in its heyday a decade ago. Shop was busy, cafe doing a good trade and a proper feel-good vibe about the place. The valley was in full end of spring mode too, looking much prettier than that part of the Valleys really should:

I do need to get rid of my SRAM chain though, keeps on snapping despite having hardly any miles on it!

Back to KMC I think!

33tango

72k today. Torrevieja to Callosa de Segura and back again

jedi

Peaks ride
    Had an awesome 6hr ride in the peaks yesterday

kayak23

Love those Gap pics Alex. Must get back there. 👌

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Local blast out on some unexpected but welcome sunshine 🌞

colournoise

Out with the dog Friday evening.

Local bimble this morning.

dknwhy

@alex wins because he drinks Butty Bach.

big_scot_nanny

some fantastic pics there folks, great riding and folk enjoying a good weekend’s weather.

Did the Glen Tilt/Beinn a Ghlo (anti-c) route on Saturday with a bunch of pals, then some of the trails on Birnam Hill today.

Alex

Love those Gap pics Alex. Must get back there

There’s quite a few more here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/alexleigh/ – we ride it every year on the 27th of December. So it’s fab to ride it in with above zero temps and no ice and snow.

@alex wins because he drinks Butty Bach.

Well it’s autumn now so we’ve moved on from HPA 🙂

tenfoot

Bonus game of ‘identify the burnt out car/van’

Don’t know what it is, but I do know where it is – the climb up from Buckland Rd to the back of Holly Hill, just round the corner from the 365 days of the year permapuddle.

Been out this evening up into Bridgewood and Monk Wood at the top of Bluebell Hill. No photos

This one from Friday was the first night ride of the autumn. So much quieter on the trails when it’s dark. Fantastic.

" alt="Jango" />

EDIT: not quite dark at that point

CheesybeanZ

Nant yr Arian today a little moist in places
    But a great ride .

duncancallum

Lovely jaunt out

ahsat

Our final day in Argyll

View this post on Instagram

#wildaboutargyll

A post shared by Natasha Barlow (@ahsatb) on

Home now and wishing W Yorkshire had better gravel.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Weekend riding pics – 5th Sept – ‘autumn is coming’ edition’ is closed to new replies.