Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Weekend adventures – It’s the end of February people
  • kayak23

Another local one obvs.
    Glorious day and a real treat to have some of the mud a bit less muddy.

Burton Dassett, Warwickshire

Fat it!

crab
    Free Member

Just had a lovely couple of hours up at Minley, I’m lucky to have it on my doorstep. Trails running superb and hardly a speck of mud on the bike.

Tracey

It’s that nice out I’ve been out again, local with the dog.
    Got back, washed the bikes and then fitted my new tyres that I’ve not got round to fitting since I bought them in September, not done bad for 3 years riding. Binned the rear but saved the front for a spare, just in case.

weeksy

iainc

Back roads and gravel, nice 28 mile loop from home

[url=https://banks-nearme.com/td-bank-near-me]td bank branch[/url]

gallowayboy

Spring indeed. Curlews, Lapwings and lovely evening sunshine. There were even people on hand to open gates for us today!

hopster
    Free Member

Still a bit moist, but wanted to get some local riding in with some luggage to make it a little harder.

poah
    Free Member

Had all the kids out today at cathkin then a wee play at school to help with Sophie’s confidence of the new bike.

matt_outandabout

Poah ‘wins’ this week’s thread..

singlespeedstu

Long walk in the woods yesterday morning.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kF69Jw]Woodland coming back to life[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    Then a ride over to Yair this afternoon.
    Spotted some wild boar in the woods.
    They even hung around long enough for me to get a pic of them.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kFpRhV]Wild Boar In The Woods[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

jimmy748

Tomorrow is this weekend’s riding day, but had a spare 1.5 hours this afternoon while the wife cooked dinner and the boy was tired out after I took him to the beach this morning, so snuck in a quick ride to a little play area in some local woods, so nice to leave the house at 4.30 and manage 11 miles and some jumps with no lights.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The Cotwolds hills above Cheltenham and Gloucester are drying out very well only problem at present at the weekend places like Lecky hill are so packed crazy will go quiet when shops and pubs open again cant wait get the hills back from the white trainer lot and out of control dog walkers not the dogs!!!!!!!

13thfloormonk

Brilliant, 5 hours of mixed CX/gravel/road and a surprising amount of red and blue trail centre in the hills between Linlithgow and Falkirk, being shown around by didnthurt from this parish.

Every ride I do at the moment is a massive vindication of a good, fast gravel bike, one minute your sliding it around tight muddy corners, next you’re smashing along some completely unknown moorland gravel road in amongst the old opencast mines above Falkirk, then you’re chasing MTBers down some twisting berms.

Not quite the easy, mud free ride I had planned to protect my badly worn rims while I fit discs, or to protect a sore back after two weeks of stress at work, but good trails and good company can’t be denied!

montylikesbeer

I managed to get out again on the Camino and managed (for me) a good ride.

25 miles with 1940 ft of ascent felt tough in places but I got around without too many stops to “admire the view”

Happy Trails

Sandwich

Yesterday was New Bike Day. After some fettling I went for a local meander.

Today I introduced Bodie to his destiny. It went quite well.
    New Beginnings

Now for a me ride.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Little mooch around woodland valley and environs in the sunshine. Just glorious.

rOcKeTdOg

First ride with someone else since last year

PXL_20210228_105752032

PXL_20210228_113224688

PXL_20210228_102504690

PXL_20210228_110112522

Tracey

Went out this morning to do a bit of local trail fettling.
    Went back later with the bike to ride them

Sandwich

Contemplating taking the Summer road bike out.

You’re a bit late to the party, I was on my summer bike on Tuesday!

After the dog trip I went out for some more fun rediscovering my local patch after 18 months absence.

jimmy748

Absolute belter of a day out today, 38 miles, 3800 ft of elevation off “Off Piste” Purbecks today.

null

null

Alex

Appreciate the ‘purple homage’ here and Sophie riding down those steps. Fantastic.

Also @jimmy748, that’s a big looking gap. Fair play 🙂

Back on the big dog!

Not ridden the RipMo since Sept last year. It’s coming up three years old and it still gives me that same buzz every time I ride it. Looks tiny (it’s a L) compared to my mates XL Pole.

FoD/Yat drying out quickly. 50k today riding stuff off limits in winter. So good to get back to some of my fav trails. Didn’t even get very muddy.

davros

Glorious ride from home. First blast on the full sus for a good while.

Spring

reluctantjumper

Felt so good to get the bike out and ride up the local hill today. Even better was getting to the top and having absolutely no-one around for a few minutes while I ate a snack or two!

First bit of solitude I’ve had outdoors in many months and was incredible.

Even better was getting back home and finding I’d set a few PB’s on the climbs and descents, amazed considering they’re all I’ve ridden for ages. Didn’t even get clear runs either thanks to the crowds! All that Zwift training and racing is definitely having a good effect.

13thfloormonk

All that Zwift training and racing is definitely having a good effect.

I’ve noticed this, I was getting one or two solid turbo sessions in every week for the winter, on top of some easier outdoor stuff. FTP tests weren’t showing much improvement, but after a wee break due to work and niggling injuries I’m feeling great out on the bike now, setting PBs even at the wrong end of long rides.

Makes me sort of want to keep going with the turbo but think I’m just going to try and incorporate intervals into my riding outdoors, my lower back doesn’t seem to like the turbo!

matt_outandabout

A very schloppy ride around Sherrifmuir. We gave up at first glance of Kippenrait – it’s a couple of metre wide mudfest with walkers taking to the bushes and woodland each side.
    Lovely to be out still.

singlespeedstu

Another day checking out our new surroundings.
    Still not had the OK to ride from the doctor but my shoulder is now feeling a bit stronger and riding seems to be helping with getting movement back.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kFPjv5]WhatsApp Image 2021-02-28 at 6.24.08 PM[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kFHuDu]2021-02-28_04-58-02[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kFHwc9]2021-02-28_04-59-42[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

poah
    Free Member

I went back out with the kids today. Sophie progressing nicely although she doesn’t look too happy here lol She started trying some steeper stairs and hills on her own. Still needs someone to catch her just in case.

I had a go at stair jumping on the hardtail.

duncancallum

Loop of glentrool and a road ride home

Friday was an hour after work..

duncancallum

Dammed if I can get the links to show

ElShalimo

I think Sophie is the best thing I’ve seen this weekend!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Wish the Cotswolds were as quiet as some of these pics people all over the place even using tracks you normally see know one on have people on them Purbecks look good was Studland beach packed??

ElShalimo

I managed a short 20km blast on the HT today. First MTB ride in over 5 years. My knee didn’t explode so I’m well chuffed.

It was gorgeous in West Yorkshire

Vortexracing

From the door on the Tripster in CX/Gravel mode, up to Rivington which was silly busy, inc Motorcyclists and open top ‘Sunday best cars’. I’m sure there is a lock down going on, but I must be mistaken after riding up there today 🙁

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kFMEVx]Untitled[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kFHvDF]Untitled[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kFM7gy]Untitled[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kFMESG]Untitled[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

teethgrinder

Took the wife to get her first bat AIDS vaccination yesterday, and took the BFe so i could ride home. Nice 25 mile pootle, but glad I missed out the quayside as local rag photos showed it was pua chokka.
    Stopped of at the Dunston Staithes on the way back, which was nice

Then today I was going to ride to Chopwell, but passed someone on the way back who said it was rammed, do gave it a miss. Stopped in a quarry.

sargey

First real ride since November because of a dodgy knee so i went for a pootle along
    Kingswinford railway walk.
    So many people out and about.

singlespeedstu

Kingswinford railway walk.
    So many people out and about.

Just moved Kford to the borders and its now our standing joke if we see more than half a dozen people that its like a walk along the line.

Jordan

B*stards, the lot of yer! I’ve been gazing longingly at the beautiful weather on the local hills while limping around the garden on my broken ankle 😉

halifaxpete

Beautiful weekend, looking forward to summer now.

Post work walk yesterday.

Hebden was sublime today, towpath there/back was chuffin busy though

hopster
    Free Member

Spring has sprung and drying trails.

hopster
    Free Member

I came across these guys on the trail. I think someone accidentally left their cage open.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Weekend adventures – It’s the end of February people’ is closed to new replies.