Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Weekend adventures – It’s the end of February people
  • poah
    Free Member

I came across these guys on the trail. I think someone accidentally left their cage open.

probably just wanting to cross the road

LD
    Free Member

probably just wanting to cross the road

Why?

matt_outandabout

mcnultycop

Road bike all weekend, Oldham to Rawtenstall over the tops Saturday and a long flat Cheshire one today. Cold early both days but ace conditions.

roverpig

First 50 miler of the year. Just a loop down to Aboyne.

garage-dweller

Some really lovely pictures up there.

For me longest ride of 2021 today. About 15 minutes. 🙂 Ordered a gravel bike late last year and then injured my shoulder doing some gardening two days after it arrived. First short pootle out on it early evening just to check the saddle and bar height and learn how to use Double Tap.

I normally ride a 120mm travel 29r FS, which I love but the Free Ranger feels like a rocket ship in comparison on the easy local tracks. Really excited about finally having the right ride from the door bike.

Other than that the kids bikes were filthy beyond usable so yesterday was boat and bike maintenance day. They used the bikes every day during that crap weather we had in January and things like chains were rusted solid because I was flat out trying to finish a project and had nowhere to work on bikes in the evenings for a few weeks. Now all cleaned and Putolined and for the eldest ready for the school run in a couple of weeks.

Did manage our first BBQ of the year today.

Mugboo

I rode Fri, Sat, twice on Sun morning and walked in the afternoon. Somehow my corner of West Yorkshire dried out in 5 days! Bike only needed a finger wash to scrape the bigger lumps off 🙂

birky
    Free Member

Snowdrops at Meigle

Tom-B
    Free Member

We got out for another Cheshire lanes/bridleways ride from home today. Still building up my girlfriend’s confidence on a bike. We found a little bit of singletrack that she enjoyed though!

Absolutely loving my new Marin dsx1.

Off for a walk around Wincle today.

Edit. We also said a very quick hello to Coleen Nolan, apparently she’s moved to the old farm behind ours!

vmgscot

With the snow finally disappearing off the local hills we tried another (4th) attempt to see where a particular trail goes… turns out nowhere… so a little forest bushwacking and socks-off river crossings required to get a loop home.

BillOddie

First 2 ride weekend for a long while, local Leicestershire Trails are drying out nicely.

Took the Dayglow Enduro-bro eldest son out first thing on Saturday, good time had by both of us and much drier than last week.

In fact it was so much fun I went out and did it again Sunday morning!

ready

Beautiful weekend for riding, and a full moon river walk on Saturday night. Goodtimes!

matt_outandabout

This thread is ace this week.

duncancallum

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Lovely weekend in Shropshire – took the summer road bike out for a short loop to the edge of the Berwyn’s as I haven’t done any exercise since early December. At 1,200ft the roads were still icy and very cold!

GavinB

Rode into Derry Lodge, for the first time this year, then walked/toured close to Ben Macdui, back out over Derry Cairngorm and then the slog back to the bikes.

Narrow Gully

I’m still not letting go of winter – it’s just that there’s a bit more effort required to reach the snowline!

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Weekend adventures – It’s the end of February people’ is closed to new replies.