Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Weather Data
  • yetidave
    Free Member

My wife had a bit of a bump in the car last year, and the last of the insane responces from the insurers suggested that her windows were iced up so couldnt see where she was going. (they also got the colour of both vehilces involved very wrong which makes me think someones trying it on)

Is there anywhere i can get historical weather data from. I have had a google and not found anything which can give me hour by hour, or even max/min for that day temperature data.

konagirl
    Free Member

You can certainly purchase observed hour-by-hour data from Met Office weather stations. Contact the people at BADC explaining whereabouts you are interested in and when, and they can at least tell you whether there is data available in the region: MIDAS data at BADC

However, you might have issues using that data in a legal case if the collision happened somewhere quite a distance from the weather station, because of local conditions, elevation and so on.

yetidave
    Free Member

thanks Konagirl, I think I understand the legal implications, but as he has already got the colour of our car wrong, and the van, a bit of a push to say there could not have been a frost may just be enough to discredit their comments.

I will look into your link.

thanks

StirlingCrispin

Weather Underground.
    http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=56.138&lon=-3.944&zoom=13

Click on a local weather station, and then on the localID and you should be able to get a report for that location and time.

It’s amateur data so some data is better than others – but worth a shot.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Rather than prove that they couldn’t have been iced up, why not ask the insurance company to support their idea that they definitely were. Quite a tricky thing to prove either way.

yetidave
    Free Member

thanks Stirling, interesting site… 🙂

Photos taken shortly afterwards show no signs of ice. Just trying to back it up with as much info as possbile.

Point taken Treacle.

iolo
    Free Member

Just ask them for photos showing the frozen windscreen. Otherwise tell them to bloody pay up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Weather Data’ is closed to new replies.