Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • We Value Your Privacy
  • spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Tried searching on this but couldn’t find any solutions. Get the above pop up everytime I use the forum for every new page I read. A bit of a pain.

Using an Android phone with Chrome browser.

Ta

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

it is utterly maddening

Mark

GDPR is great isn’t it?

Sorry about the popup. It sounds like the cookie is not being registered on your phone when you click accept. Do you have privacy settings on your phone/browser that are somehow not allowing cookies?

If so then the GDPR popup can’t plant the neccessary cookie on your device and so on every page it checks for the existence of the cookie and if it’s not there it does what it’s meant to do and presents you with the mandatory GDPR popup to gain your permissions.

One thing you could try is clicking the ‘login/cookie issues?’ link in the footer below.

If that doesn’t work email tech@singletrackworld.com and the guys will see what they can do to help.

DezB
    Free Member

I went here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

Ctrl_f “cookie” – no results.

Saw this though

“The lead-up to the effective date of the GDPR led to many companies and websites changing their privacy policies and features worldwide in order to comply with its requirements, and providing email and on-site notification of the changes, despite having had at least two years to prepare and do so. This has been criticized for eventually leading to a form of fatigue among end-users over the excessive numbers of messages. .

tjagain

GDPR is great.  It allows me to stop sites from tracking me and allows me a lot more choice.  Its a great step forward for the consumer.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I like the new colour you’ve painted your front door. Will you do the same for your tenants?

pondo

It’s driven me to distraction on the phone, not an issue on the laptop. I haven’t knowingly changed cookie settings on my phone, but every thirty seconds I get that sodding popup, don’t get anything like it on any other sites, didn’t used to get it on this one. There was a thread about it that got closed referencing a thread about Safari, so I posted in there for a day or two about it – phone is my number one device for browsing, so it ruins my day* to not have access to the site (presumably because it keeps trying to recache, it’s bloodcurdinglingly slow on the moby, too, seems lovely on the laptop).

* This is almost not an exaggeration.

pondo

Anyone…? 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Have you tried using a tablet?

Mark

If you cast your votes in our Reader Awards you are rewarded with a free digital subscription for a month. No ads for logged in subscribers. So no pop up asking for your consent.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No ads for logged in subscribers. So no pop up asking for your consent.

Those are some nice windows there….

bruneep

Mark wrote

If you cast your votes in our Reader Awards you are rewarded with a free digital subscription for a month. No ads for logged in subscribers. So no pop up asking for your consent.

But you have to try and doge the pop ups to login every 2 weeks or so and if you use multiple devices its every few days that a login has to be done.

No ads, but there are deals of the day that aren’t adverts 🙄

CountZero

Those bloody GDPR things are a nightmare on news items I read via Flipboard, but I never get them here on my iPad or iPhone.

No ads for logged in subscribers. So no pop up asking for your consent.

Not a subscriber, and I don’t get any ads, either. Not taking any significant steps to avoid them, it’s just my browser/search engine combo, I think.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not a subscriber, and I don’t get any ads, either. Not taking any significant steps to avoid them, it’s just my browser/search engine combo, I think.

That means you are blocking them through your browser then,

Those bloody GDPR things are a nightmare on news items I read via Flipboard, but I never get them here on my iPad or iPhone.

I just get one on every new visit to a site that is all.

But then again I got the hint and handed over my dinner money ages ago here so I’m fine here….

pondo

And once the subscription ends? I don’t mind trying that as a temporay workaround, but this popup is massively obtrusive, cookies are enabled.

Sandwich

If our privacy was truly valued the pop-up would allow a single click to disable all cookies from ad-land and no visiting a third-party site (to have another attempted tracker cookie placement) to disable some of them. This last item may be borderline unlawful under GDPR.

tjagain

Indeed sandwich.  It seems that GDPR is seen as a problem by website owners and a boon by website users hence website owners are doing their very best to make it as difficult as possible for users to actually access their rights.  Not limited to STW but its by far the worst of any websites I use.

whitestone
    Free Member

If our privacy was truly valued the pop-up would allow a single click to disable all cookies from ad-land

+1

tjagain

Making it so difficult to opt out ( which is what it appears most of us want to do) also has unintended effects.  It means its much easier to do this thru browser controls which means surely even less revenue for STW

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘We Value Your Privacy’ is closed to new replies.