Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Waterproof onesie / all in one suit
  • kaj0103
    Free Member

Hi
    Has anyone got or does anyone know of a waterproof suit that’s suitable for mtb?
    I’ve seen a couple on the bike sites but they are very expensive.
    Looking for just a waterproof all in one suit with a hood. Nothing fancy but would want it to be more like a shell to keep the water out rather than something for warmth.
    Cheers!

Tim
    Free Member

Apart from the Endura and Dirtlej ones, I’ve not seen anything else suitable.

There is a commuting one (can’t remember the name) but it’s lighter weight

kaj0103
    Free Member

Yeah. That’s all I’ve found as well. You’d expect there must be a basic shell out there. Just not found one.

Liftman

Endura do a Singletrack onesie as well as the mt500 version Its half the price of the mt500 one.

BenjiM

There’s a Dainese one which I’m guessing is for motorbikes but claims to be lightweight. No Hood though. Dainese Rain Suit

ceept

Seen a few people wearing cheap Screwfix style ones from time to time. Always think I’d boil in one though.

timbog160

Said it before and I’ll say it again – ex army lightweight MTP goretex off ebay – cheap as chips, high quality and very breathable. Plus people can’t see you coming 😂. Yes it will mean 2 piece not one, but you just peel off and throw in a bag before you get in the car.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

The MT500 ones go for about£120-150 second hand on eBay.

kaj0103
    Free Member

Wow…. found the ex army stuff. Brilliant idea. Also found a police onesie, both water resistant AND flame retardant for when you go doing circus tricks in the rain!

doomanic

The ex-MOD GoreTex stiff is ok but it’s definitely not styled to be cycling efficient. It’s also surprisingly fragile.

I’ve just bought a Dirtsuit Pro, I’ve wanted one for ages and this is the first year I can actually squeeze my ex-fat arse into one, bring on the rain! 😂

matt_outandabout

Will you not roast in a waterproof onesie?

TheBrick
    Free Member

That’s the impression I get seems like you’re reducing ventilation

kaj0103
    Free Member

Sexy catsuit item no longer available….. gutted! Lol.

I didn’t buy one in the end but was only going to buy it for a wet bike park wales or trail centre which don’t get me too sweated up. I wouldn’t wear it on an XC ride, I would melt!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I have the Endura one. Breathability is brilliant, as is waterproofing

oikeith

Can anyone who purchased either the MT500 waterproof one piece or the cheaper version share their height and size they purchased please?

Looking at ordering one but unsure on sizing, someone on a comment under a review claims they are 6’2 but wear a medium!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and got a large.
    Length is fine maybe a bit baggy at 77kg

Superficial
    Free Member

When I checked, the Endura sizing seems to be predominantly based on waist circumference. I haven’t tried the suits but I’m 6′ and I wear medium MT500 trousers because the large ones are too big around the waist. I also wear a medium in most brands’ tops (inc Endura).

TLDR: I can believe that a tall skinny person might end up with a medium suit.

farmtrackofdoom
    Free Member

Hi

I ordered this in December https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endura-singletrack-one-piece-mtb-suit/rp-prod199359?utm_source=CRM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=OrderConfirmation&utm_content=GB

in large – fitting is good for me I’m 6’2 weight 13.5 st or about 85.5kg. Hope that helps.

I might have got away with the medium but I think it would have been slightly too small in some areas.

dirkpitt74

I’ve got the Endura Singletrack one linked above.
    I’m 5’10, 77kgs and went for a medium – fits great.

molgrips
    Free Member

How is it one-piece? Looks like a jacket and trousers in the pic – presumably they’re attached somehow at the back?

johnjn2000

For anyone who stumbles across this thread I can thoroughly recommend the Dirtlj core, and in turn any item they produce. The only issue I have with them is that as a short legged person you just have to accept you won’t looms as cool as the photos with your scrunched up legs

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof onesie / all in one suit’ is closed to new replies.