Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Waterproof jacket?
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Yep I’m after another waterproof jacket recommendation. Scotland next weekend and Canada six weeks tomorrow so I’d like to invest in a new jacket. Currently have a many years old pink gore jacket which has a tear in the elbow and is a bit warm and a recently bought Endura I think pack a jacket which it turns out is utter rubbish as I found out after a recent road ride which caused it to inflate so I looked like a balloon on a bike! I’m after something I can use both on mtb and road bike so ideally must pack down small enough for a jersey pocket or saddle bag. I also have a few years old north face waterproof walking jacket which is looking pretty shabby and is too big for me now so something which suits both walking and biking would be great and would mean I’d invest more money. Have been looking at the RAB flashpoint as well as a few others. Must have a womens version so the jacket is cut in the right places. Cheers!

highlandman
    Free Member

Keela Storm; made in Glenrothes, Fife, very light, waterproof, surprisingly breathable and has a women’s cut. My partner bought one in the new bright orange recently and loves it. Sleeves are a decent length and sizing is slightly more MTB than road, so you might wish to look at a size down. Keela sell direct.

I’ve an older one in the Saxon (mens), which I haven’t broken yet, so it must be pretty tough.

Gary_M
    Free Member

There’s a lot of talk of investment there 🙂

I bought an alpkit gravitas jacket last week, wore it at the weekend, nice slim fit and very minimalist. They also do a womans version.

Have a look at rapha too.

ski78

I’ve just got the Gore Bike Power Active jacket and been very impressed.

Bought for the road bike, I’ve been using it on the MTB and now walking too, very breathable, no hood though, so I got a waterproof hat.
    Pretty minimalist with only the one small pocket at the back.

They do seem to do a ladies version, the cut on the mens version is superb with no flapping or bagginess. I’d hope the ladies version was the same.

CraigW
    Free Member

I’ve an older one in the Saxon (mens), which I haven’t broken yet, so it must be pretty tough.

How small does that Keela Saxon jacket pack? Would it be OK for keeping in your bag or pocket just in case?
    Or there’s the cheaper Keela Stashaway Pro jacket, how does that compare?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof jacket?’ is closed to new replies.