Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • This weeks ridiculous bike related ebay item
  • transporter13
    Free Member

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172228331930

Topspeed of 65mph apparently 😆

nedrapier

seen the youtube vid? pretty impressive!

ninfan
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/6DXJA3igaHU[/video]

zilog6128

seen the youtube vid? pretty impressive!

Not sure what’s impressive about driving along a bridleway then a field… I guess it must be shit at anything vaguely technical or they would’ve shown that.

Also looks like it’s only got one brake? And no gears?

tonyja
    Free Member

Unfortunatley it’s bikes like these that are going to cause the e-bike revolution all sorts of problems.
    The law says 15mph max speed before the motor must cut out. This just adds more fuel to the fire of the pro-car / anti alt transport lobby

transporter13
    Free Member

There are literally…no words

plyphon
    Free Member

Not sure what’s impressive about driving along a bridleway then a field… I guess it must be shit at anything vaguely technical or they would’ve shown that.
    Also looks like it’s only got one brake? And no gears?

Did you not see how quickly it accelerated? Colour me impressed, that looked incredibly fun.

And of course it has no gears – it’s electric.

This isn’t an electric assisted bike… it’s essentially an electric motorbike. With pedals.

Edit: just seen the picture of the thing in the ebay ad, oh my hahah.

Still, it’;s quick!

0-40mph around 3.4second

crikey

lol at the keys in the toptube also

fergal
    Free Member

?

zippykona

I was nearly taken out by a yummy mummy riding her e bike on the path. She was going a fair old lick. Obviously taken her volvo attitude with her to 2 wheels.

jekkyl

that looks like ace fun, wonder how it copes on tech.

njee20
    Free Member

May be illegal and hugely irresponsible, but that looks awesome fun!

user-removed
    Free Member

[/quote]There are literally…no words

One, two, three, four, five. Five words.

letmetalktomark

njee20 – Member

This ^^ 8)

martello
    Free Member

The third image would suggest it has a flux capacitor installed.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

There’s no may about it…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

There’s no may about it…

Except for the two big ones of course:

It may be ridden on private land perfectly legally.
    It may be ridden on restricted byways so long as it’s licenced and insured appropriately (I’m unsure of what this would entail admittedly)
    Of course it

May be illegal and hugely irresponsible

[edit] And yes it does look like fun and I know a few places I could ride it perfectly legally where that would be the case (though doubtless I’d have to “give us a ger”) in return.[/edit]

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1

Although I’d sooner they just got rid of the pedals. I saw a group of people on some Enduro-E-Bikes, their waistlines were kidding no one that the pedaling they were doing was little more than a convoluted way of controlling the throttle.

njee20
    Free Member

There’s no may about it…

May in the context of “I know it is but…”, not “I’m uncertain if…”

Although yes, private land, sorted!

the-muffin-man

Love the way he casuals pedals along when he meets the dog-walker!

“Just a normal bike, nothing to see here!”.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

That is quite impressive! I’d been musing recently about electric motorcycles and wondering if they had developed to a point as to be viable considering electric cars are becoming more and more popular. It would seem so, some nice and crazy stuff out there!

njee20
    Free Member

I imagine the battery lasts approximately 23 seconds.

puddings
    Free Member

The suspension/geometry is obviously horribly wrong because everytime he accelerates the front wheel lifts and he struggles to control it. There is some kind of rear brake because you can hear the back wheel locking on the gravel – if not on the handle bar, I wonder if he has a footbrake instead

cookeaa

Was that the rear brake skidding or the back wheel breaking traction?

I don’t really see much wrong with the idea of an electric motorcycle, popping some pedals on it to try and fool people into thinking it’s an E-bike so you don’t have to register it or get bollocked for razzing in the woods is just going to end up causing problems though…

It’s a another toy for the chavs, only you won’t hear them coming now…

andeh

That looks like amazing fun, but why would you put slick tyres on it….or a 24″ front wheel, for that matter?

molgrips
    Free Member

The suspension/geometry is obviously horribly wrong because everytime he accelerates the front wheel lifts and he struggles to control it.

Yes – I imagine it needs a bit of practice to get the best out of it. He needs to be standing up to lean forwards for a start on acceleration, then move the weight forward, stick a leg out speedway style on those corners.

tryall
    Free Member

In the video the bike is running only on 60% power.

tryall
    Free Member

There’s nothing wrong with the geometry.the bike have a 190nm torque from zero on this settings,and its pretty hard to keep the frontwheel on the ground, even the throttleramp setting is on the lowest 🙂

Northwind

It looks like he’s intentionally letting the front wheel come up. Same as a motorbike, riding position makes all the difference. The fact that it seems to be making twice the torque of a TL1000R, from “idle”, may have something to do with it too

tryall
    Free Member

Oh yeah its my bike btw

senorj

Brilliant. (That the owner of the bike is on here)
    Why only one brake?
    Njee has it- looks great fun . Until you run into a child’s face.

tryall
    Free Member

Im using a variable regen brake on the rear which wasn’t wired up on the video.basically its a 2nd thumb throttle on the left, it let you regulate the braking power while the regen is charging back the battery pack.hence ive not installed my hope mono m4 on the rear is just simply useless next to a regen braking About the children face, when i ride in public places i always pedalling

Northwind

I did like that bit where you spot a pedestrian and instantly start pedalling 😆 What this? No, this is a perfectly normal bicycle ma’am.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Once again stw delivers, looks great fun.

tryall
    Free Member

Its more fun when i killing porsches at the redlights 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Licensed and insured as a motorbike on anything other that private land – including motorbike spec helmet. Of course that would be assuming that it has type approval which I presume it doesn’t.

Setting 250W mode would make no difference to that – it still doesn’t meet the requirements for an e-bike, hence not only off-road use only, private land which the public doesn’t have access to use only.

<sorry to be a killjoy – not sure where you’d use one>

tryall
    Free Member

On road legal mode its legal to use it anywhere.

the bike must have pedals that can be used to propel it
    the electric motor shouldn’t be able to propel the bike when it’s travelling more than 15.5mph
    the motor shouldn’t have a maximum power output of more than 250 watts

Goldigger
    Free Member

How fast does it go?

andylc
    Free Member

It looks pretty similar to the Stealth B-52 thing which has been around for a while and goes about 50mph. I saw one at my local shop a few weeks ago and it is horrible! Basically a motorbike, but with poor forks and brakes that are no better than a normal mountain bike and look like they would be very lucky to slow it down…

zippykona

Do you not mind those people walking on what is obviously your land?

tryall
    Free Member

Theres plenty of chavs riding mx bikes on that field without registration or anything

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘This weeks ridiculous bike related ebay item’ is closed to new replies.