Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Water Softeners
  • tinsy
    Free Member

Having read an article today on water softeners and eczema I am looking into getting one for the house, found a company that does one on 2 month trial but its 1k for it after that and fitting is on top of that about £300.

Anyone have any experience of them and any useful info I could need?

funkynick

It depends, is it one of the ‘magic’ ones that doesn’t seem to rely on any laws of physics to work?

:o)

chewkw
    Free Member

I want something real cheap for my coffee machine. Water softener that is.

🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

Nah it relies on pumping shit loads of salt through a filtration thing of some kind, (some kind of agregate) that then can absorb the extra minerals in a hard water area…. At least thats the gist of it I believe..

showerman
    Free Member

NO NO NO NO NO do not put water softners on a drinking supply, drinking water should always be hardwater

showerman
    Free Member

To give you an idea of price http://www.softwatershop.co.uk/ , used to use these guys a few years ago. What make are you looking at you seem to be in the rolls royce bracket ther. what i would say once the water is treated and its water with nothing in it it will be good for the skin saves on soap as well, bad news is they are not to good on the eco front as all the salt they use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Water Softeners’ is closed to new replies.