Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Water bottles/Bidons
  • druidh
    Free Member

Just about to buy some and I was wondering what the collective opinion was of those with the “hands free” valve in the drinking spout.

I have one and get on with it just fine, but maybe there are some negatives I’ve not considered?

geoffj

Breast is best
    HTH

oldgit
    Free Member

Remember the ones with a straw sticking out the top?

jonb
    Free Member

how do you get it out the cage without using your hands?

They’re ok generally on the bike, bit easier to drink out of. Rubbish if you put them in a bag though as they leak a bit.

julianwilson
    Free Member

On an old style bottle in an xc or wet/gritty road race you could get the worst of the mud off with a wipe on jersey before you opened the valve. I suppose with a recessed bit in the top of the ‘hands free’ collecting bit you couldn’t wipe away, you would get a bit more mud/grit with your mouthful.

Very small drawback though, I’d have thought they would be just as easy to wash and if it goes in cage not backpack, slightly quicker to have a swig off and replace if you are in a hurry/race.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I use science in sport, never felt the need to buy anything else.

BigJohn

The ones with the straws sticking out of the top were popular when the handlebar mounted cages were de rigeur.

But bending down to take a sip when riding over rough ground would take a big piece of skin off the roof of your mouth.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Water bottles/Bidons’ is closed to new replies.